Ed Speaks

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Mikayla
Maid
Maid

Post by Mikayla »

Absolutely! I am soooo ready to convert. Step right up, renounce the Maiden, and I'll "convert" you quite quickly... ;)

Oh, wait, did you mean me convert to a moonie? I think not. Of course, the whole transgender-priestess thing is pretty neat. If Eilistraee keeps on coming up with surprises like that, well, who knows?
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Mikayla":1mnr82en]Without us Spider-Kissers you'd have no purpose in life, no way to define yourself, and nothing to hold up as "evil" so you could say you are "good." Without us, you are nothing. Without you...we are the same. Welcome to irrelevancy.[/quote:1mnr82en]
Interesting… such arrogance to think that all of evil is completely under your purview, or that it’s so significant a part of what makes us that we wouldn’t be without it.

Misguided, as always, but interesting all the same. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Mikayla
Maid
Maid

Post by Mikayla »

Arrogance is a [i:2fd8dx69]virtue[/i:2fd8dx69] in the faith of the Spider Queen.... ;)
AKA Sheyreiza Valakasha, Yathtallar d'Lolth, Princess of the Demonweb Pits, aka Ghenni'salla Tlabbar, aka L'olath'anon, the Dark Flower, aka the Valsharess of ALFA, aka ... well ... you get the picture. :devil:
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=indigo:3636xsnm]Spider Kissers :roll: Hi back. I'm sure Rooky would looove to convert [i:3636xsnm]you[/i:3636xsnm], Mikayla. :devil: [/color:3636xsnm]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Mikayla
Maid
Maid

Post by Mikayla »

Convert me? To what? Dinner? I am sure thats about the only thing Rooky would like to convert me into - but thats ok, I'll take Rooky's attention just the same. I am always up for a nice tussel, especially with something strong and furry... ;)
AKA Sheyreiza Valakasha, Yathtallar d'Lolth, Princess of the Demonweb Pits, aka Ghenni'salla Tlabbar, aka L'olath'anon, the Dark Flower, aka the Valsharess of ALFA, aka ... well ... you get the picture. :devil:
Aergale
Maid
Maid

Post by Aergale »

Ahhh. A spider-kisser running around and talking about this oversized bug they call a deity (no offence meant to bugs). Just had to register - spider-kissers are always so funny.
I mean, they actually take pride in being slaves to a tyrannical deity, who treats them like dirt, creates and encourages internal strife for no reason at all, deprives them of freedom, friendship and a chance to breathe normal air instead of what passes for it in the Underdark, and sooner or later simply devours them from inside. Obedient little snacks for their deity. No matter how high they climb the "social ladder" and how many others they make fall on the way, they never reach the top.

Not that i`m a fan of Eilistraee, either (this just happens to be an interesting drow-centric message board), but she`s still better than that oversized bug. After all, Vhaeraun needs some competition. But Lolth is just pointless, and she makes the lives of all those stupid and weak enough to be her slaves pointless too.

And did i mention that draegloths are just... ewwwww? And the priestesses give birth to things like that.

And they think they can... CONVERT anyone? Bah. :D :roll: :devil:
Last edited by Aergale on Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont try to catch the wind.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[quote="Aergale":25dwxn3z]Ahhh. A spider-kisser running around and talking about this oversized bug they call a deity (no offence meant to bugs). Just had to register - spider-kissers are always so funny.
I mean, they actually take pride in being slaves to a tyrannical deity, who treats them like dirt,[/quote:25dwxn3z]

[color=indigo:25dwxn3z]Aoists, too, ya know. Awesome avatar, BTW[/color:25dwxn3z]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Mikayla
Maid
Maid

Post by Mikayla »

Aergale wrote:
[quote:2avr0n79]Blah blah blah blah...[/quote:2avr0n79]

**looks up from her copy of Sacrifice of the Widow**

I am sorry, were you saying something? I was too busy reading about how Vhaerun got his butt kicked by Eilistree to pay attention to what you were saying.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:1hsq7lse]Ouch. :p [/color:1hsq7lse]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Aergale
Maid
Maid

Post by Aergale »

[quote="Unaena_Stealthfoot":2e8ljc3t][color=indigo:2e8ljc3t]Aoists, too, ya know. Awesome avatar, BTW[/color:2e8ljc3t][/quote:2e8ljc3t]

Aoists? Hmm, you are right. Ao does seem to be quite a tyrant.

*grins* thanks for the comment about my avatar. "V for Vendetta" is an awesome movie :-)

Cheers ;)

[quote="Mikayla":2e8ljc3t] I was too busy reading about how Vhaeraun got his butt kicked by Eilistraee to pay attention to what you were saying.[/quote:2e8ljc3t]

Yeah, because every time a character, who is supposed to be very intelligent and who outsmarts Lolth three times before lunch, suddenly does something really stupid and out of character for him, and is presumed to be dead, this surely means he is dead for good, and NOT executing a plan. Dream on. Lisa Smedman might obviously dislike the Masked Lord, but even she would not kill him off in such a ridiculous way, because it would go against the very nature of the character. Is Vhaeraun experiencing temporary setbacks? Probably. Is he dead? No. Is he going to come back stronger than before? Hell yeah.
Mikayla
Maid
Maid

Post by Mikayla »

Did I say he was dead? I don't recall saying he was dead. Indeed, I did not say he was dead - only that Eilistraee got the better of him.

As for catching the wind....

**waves her hand and wrinkles her nose**

Pheeww. I'll try not to, thanks. Could you and your "wind" stand a little further away? ;)
Aergale
Maid
Maid

Post by Aergale »

[quote="Mikayla":vpqw1qyi]Did I say he was dead? I don't recall saying he was dead. Indeed, I did not say he was dead - only that Eilistraee got the better of him. [/quote:vpqw1qyi]

Well, that`s still debatable. We haven`t seen anything yet, only heard it from mortals, and we do not know the details of V`s plan. And even IF this was so, Eilistraee was on her home plane and has allies she can rely on. That`s another reason why i think this whole plotline screams "Vhaeraun`s preparing a trap for Lolth". After all, only a chance of getting rid of "mother dearest" would make him temporarily ally with his sister, who SEEMS to view the world in black-and-white only. Or maybe she doesn`t know she`s a part of his plot yet.

[quote="Mikayla":vpqw1qyi]

As for catching the wind....

**waves her hand and wrinkles her nose**

Pheeww. I'll try not to, thanks. Could you and your "wind" stand a little further away? ;)[/quote:vpqw1qyi]

Oh. Suddenly a spider-kisser developed something resembling a sense of humor. Has the world turned upside down? I hope not, after all, you haven`t been able to come up with anything funnier than accusing me of fouling the air.

However, comments about smells sound weird coming from someone who likes bugs. And for whom the chance of consorting with demons is a sign of your deity`s favor. And i REALLY dont want to hear about any Lolthite rituals, who knows what other distasteful things your church can come up with? I`m sure it creates a wonderful perfume.

Apparently, this smell comes from someone else, because i dont recall ever fouling the air. So i will gladly move away as far away from you and your insects as possible, thank you very much.

Ahhh. That`s better.
Mikayla
Maid
Maid

Post by Mikayla »

*Yawn*

Are you still talking? Perhaps you should go bone up on your Eilistraee rituals as your god is . . . what . . . napping? Who knows..who cares..ciao!

;)
Aergale
Maid
Maid

Post by Aergale »

Oh no, unlike spider-kissers, i fight for what i believe in, not for what i am told to. So renouncing my deity is not an option. Besides, rituals are boring. And distract one from getting the job done.

Well, this turned out to be not as funny as i thought. No matter. Still entertaining. Ciao.
Mikayla
Maid
Maid

Post by Mikayla »

*Sniffs* There is that smelly old wind again. Time to look for cleaner air...