Drow Deities

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Drow Deities

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:2yj93qau]Now, correct me if I am wrong, but Vhaeraun and Eilistraee both dislike Lolth. So, enemy of my enemy is my.... Hated sister? That's what Vhaeraun classifies Eilistraee as. Shouldn't they be (at least tentative) allies?[/color:2yj93qau]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Drow Dieties

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":10fz4xu9][color=darkred:10fz4xu9]Now, correct me if I am wrong, but Vhaeraun and Eilistraee both dislike Lolth. So, enemy of my enemy is my.... Hated sister? That's what Vhaeraun classifies Eilistraee as. Shouldn't they be (at least tentative) allies?[/color:10fz4xu9][/quote:10fz4xu9]

Nice idea, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend does not work in RW and clearly does not work with the Drow Deities.

There are different ways at looking at mutual hate.

Lolth hates Vhaeraun for failure to hold captine Serine (IIRC) spoiling her plans to take control, She hates Elistraee for being daddies girl.

Vhaeraun hates Lolth for taking followers from him, he hates his sister for being "Daddy's girl"

Elistraee hates both for their path of Evil, Lolth more because she caused her to shoot her beloved father, but can not work with brother because he would use Evil tactics to kill mother.

There is only one point that Vhaeraun and Elistraee can agree on, that Drow should live on the surface. They disagree on all points on how they should live on the surface. As far as it goes Lolth also seeks control of the surface as well.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

It’s one big, happy, dysfunctional family. ;)

Ok, maybe not that big or happy. :p

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":354wtzlv]It’s one big, happy, dysfunctional family. ;) [/quote:354wtzlv]

*starts crying*

Oh, Gods how I love a happy ending...

WAAHAAHAAA!!!

*blows nose in Unens cloak*
:3
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:2p9ttdug]Yuck. *wipes cloak on rooky's fur* It also says in Vhaeruan's dogma to help drow thieves in the act (or any thieves for that matter). Does that include drow, Eilistraeen thieves? (CG, NG, or CN obviously)[/color:2p9ttdug]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":1dgikrgx][color=darkred:1dgikrgx]Yuck. *wipes cloak on rooky's fur* It also says in Vhaeruan's dogma to help drow thieves in the act (or any thieves for that matter). Does that include drow, Eilistraeen thieves? (CG, NG, or CN obviously)[/color:1dgikrgx][/quote:1dgikrgx]

Hmm

[quote:1dgikrgx] The shadows of Vhaeraun must cast off the tyranny of Lolth and forcibly reclaim their birthright and rightful place in the surface realm. The existing drow matriarchies must be smashed, and the warring practices of the twisted Spider Queen done away with so that the drow are welded into a united people, not a squablling gaggle of backstabbers that exist in Houses, clans and aims. Vhaeraun will lead his followers into a society where the Ilythiiri once again reign supreme over the other, lesser races, and there is eqality between male and female.
Priests of Vhaeraun must encourage, lead or aid bands of drow and allied chaotic evil creatures in thievery and istigate plots, intrigues and events to continually increase drow influence and real power in the surface realms. They must manipulate trade, creatures, and intrigues to lessen the power of and frustrate the plans of Lolth priests and continually foment rebellion or disobedience among drow males. Drow thieves in need must be aided, even if females, healed, bailed out of prison or jails, or forcibly rescued. Cruelities against drow men must be avenged.[/quote:1dgikrgx]

It does appear that Eilistraee thieves (that are Drow) should be aided. It also appears that they can not be allied with. They can never become friends though.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:2vgphuvd]Nothing like a good old paradox in religious dogma.[/color:2vgphuvd] ;)
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

I love religion...

I love the old "My gods gonna' kick your Gods ass!" thing.
It said in Bhaern's quote that the Llolth priestss are a bunch of "squablling gaggle of backstabbers that exist in Houses, clans and aims."

So what does that make Vhearuniaite's? (or how you spell it)

"Death before dishonor" like the Dragonlance Minotaurs?
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[quote="Rooky":23asw628]"Death before dishonor" like the Dragonlance Minotaurs?[/quote:23asw628]

[color=darkred:23asw628]When I said that I meant it alphabetically![/color:23asw628] ;)
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

:D
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

Lolth will eventually be smashed, trough.
Why? Because Ed (Greenwood) has said that he wants Lolth to be gone. And if Ed wants to kill Lolth then Lolth will eventually die (muahahaha!). I wonder who will rule the drow after Lolth's (inevitable) demise trough. I hope for Eilistraee even trough it would seem easier for the evil drow to worship Vheraun instead.

Pfff, death to Lolth!
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Lance":1nostc94]Lolth will eventually be smashed, trough.
Why? Because Ed (Greenwood) has said that he wants Lolth to be gone. And if Ed wants to kill Lolth then Lolth will eventually die (muahahaha!). I wonder who will rule the drow after Lolth's (inevitable) demise trough. I hope for Eilistraee even trough it would seem easier for the evil drow to worship Vheraun instead.

Pfff, death to Lolth![/quote:1nostc94]
He'll never get that through with WotC. They're selling too many books and such thanks to the drow (and Lolth seems to be, unfortunately, the most popular drow deity).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

Didn't you at first?

Anyway, if they bothered to promote Eilistraee a bit more, maybe they'd pick her over Llolth...

Maybe Vendrin still has those pictures :D
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:ex8dcdcx]Yeah, but the drow would lose some of their popularity because of their "mistique."[/color:ex8dcdcx]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

[quote="Rooky":ceny8g2w]Didn't you at first?

Anyway, if they bothered to promote Eilistraee a bit more, maybe they'd pick her over Llolth...

Maybe Vendrin still has those pictures :D[/quote:ceny8g2w]

I know some pictures that would get converts for Eilistraee. ;)