Drow Deities

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

But Rooky, once you unleash your savage anal fricative, noone will bow. They will all be lying faces down. :devil:
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:19mt159f]Jarlaxle preserve! :eek: [/color:19mt159f]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Rooky fart!
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:nybmj56r]Uggghhhhhh....... *passes out*[/color:nybmj56r]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

I think the most amusing thing is in the whole pantheon, is that Lolth's children for the greatest part loathe her. Granted I'm not 100% sure on the relationship between her and Kiaransalee but I know one thing. If there is to become another head deity for drow in terms of evil those who follow Kiaransalee will probably get the vote. Ruthless to the core, she promotes vengeance to the core, anyone who slights her recieves horrid payback a thousand fold. Such wrath merits something, and from what i read briefly on her "bio" She's a self made deity. Lolth may keep her down, but the moment there was a silence in Lolth's presence, she went from demigod to Lesser Deity. Granted she's maddened now, and basically insane, but she's kept her cunning and has perfect track on all slights, real or imagined. Now... if only her mind was cleared... I could easily see her working with Eilistraee even briefly to take Lolth down hard. I find it funny that certain deities have been mostly forgotten. Which is giving me many an idea for campaigns. and seeing the art that I have seen for Eilistraee, I got an idea for a small variation and if I can sketch it great.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

As does Tal, I'll bet. Still, who knows? Lolth does make the drow good merchandise. Nothing like a character of a potentially doomed race that want to break free from the tyranny. Or a believer that discovers there is something beyond his own house's glory and worshiping the Spider Bitch. It's an excellent point of reference for sourcebooks, novels, everyhing. Sadly enought 4 ed has killed the goose that lays golden eggs. And killing Eilistraee has led the goose to at least -9 hp.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

No, that killed it outright. Killing her off takes all the fun out of playing a drow for most people. If you can only play an evil spider-worshipping ba$t*rd, who would want to? At least with V and E, you had some interesting choices. As for this whole reversion to "Dark Elf" thing- it's silly. It takes away too much of the mystique, not to mention those cool abilities that Lolth gave them. Though I can see eilistraee letting them keep the fairie-fire power, it's sooo cool to use while dancing!!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188