Drow bonuses

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Silent Rebel
Maid
Maid

Post by Silent Rebel »

[color=indigo:358irvas]~~~oO¤o-o-o¤Oo~~~[/color:358irvas]

[color=blue:358irvas]All that I know is, charisma bonus make my drow bard/fighter stronger, and I cant stop thinking in my RP-stat thoughts that it makes him so much cuter too... Damn why did obsidian make drow look so damn good in everything?...

If appearance was still in the use id say we would have atleast +4 :p

The reason for their Dexterity bonus would be for the same reason as every other elf race, agileness (mispell?)... Theyre just, elfy, like...

The charisma and intelligence bonus I believe come from that drows need these attributes much more then any other race to survive, at all... Bluff, Intimidate, Diplomacy... Plots and plans are always good too... Get on the good side of a Yathrin and you will have a easy time, as long as you can keep that favour... Which isnt very long ill reckon, but it works, it does, ive tried it myself, the times ive played a underdark dwelling drow (mind you, I was Elistraeen to at that point, or atleast not Llolthite... No, not Vhaerunite either...)

Oh and, hellow to you all, im new *wave*[/color:358irvas]

[color=indigo:358irvas]~~~oO¤o-o-o¤Oo~~~[/color:358irvas]
..Out of darkness, into light, hopeful spirit, the moon shine bright..
..No more fear, the nightmare ends fast, sleep only safe, have peace at last..
..Beyond the hate, beneath the stars course, follow me to harmony, an end to all wars..
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:26ngd29r]*wave back*[/color:26ngd29r]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

I haven't even finished WotSQ, and I'm already fuming about the fates of my two favorite characters...since I sorta found out about them beforehand. Halisstra because I read the back of Sacrifice of the Widow (Stupid me, I know), and Ryld because of Wikipedia...
*grumbles*
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
Vendrin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vendrin »

[quote="Arathen":jmuvdy1n]I haven't even finished WotSQ, and I'm already fuming about the fates of my two favorite characters...since I sorta found out about them beforehand. Halisstra because I read the back of Sacrifice of the Widow (Stupid me, I know), and Ryld because of Wikipedia...
*grumbles*[/quote:jmuvdy1n]

It's the journey that matters, not the destination.
"What does God want? Does God want goodness or the choice of goodness? Is a man who chooses evil perhaps in some way better than a man who has good imposed upon him?"
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Oh, I know. I'm still reading them...I'm on book 5, right now.
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
Shyressa
Maid
Maid

Post by Shyressa »

As I see it the reason Drow do not get bonuses to Wisdom is being by nature a chaotic race they are not known to be extremely contemplative which would be deduced as wiser. Since wisdom is partly enlightenment and judgment, both things Drow lack for the most part, as they dont care much for those traits, the most judgment they use is weither or not they can get away with sticking a dagger in the ribs of someone higher in the hierarchy.
Vorrick
Maid
Maid

Post by Vorrick »

It would definitely be interesting if Drow had the different bonuses for gender as well as favoured class.

Drow Male: +2 Int, +2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Con
Drow Female: +2 Wis, +2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Con

But taking away the +2 Int ignores the fact the women are just as crafty as the men but you'd need to maintain balance so I guess WotC decided to settle.
I never stab people in the back, it's much more pleasurable to be able to see the expression on their face.

Usstan xunus ol, Usstan saphun ol, lu''Dorn xun ol ''sohna
Kael Windsong
Maid
Maid

Post by Kael Windsong »

[quote="Shyressa":xrof7qyf]As I see it the reason Drow do not get bonuses to Wisdom is being by nature a chaotic race they are not known to be extremely contemplative which would be deduced as wiser. Since wisdom is partly enlightenment and judgment, both things Drow lack for the most part, as they dont care much for those traits, the most judgment they use is weither or not they can get away with sticking a dagger in the ribs of someone higher in the hierarchy.[/quote:xrof7qyf]

Words of wisdom to all drow XD well..... Lolthians to be exact