Eilistraees realm in the demonweb pits.

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:292hhjrq]Watch who you call incompetent, oh inept one.[/color:292hhjrq] :p
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Play nice now *S*

Eilistraee did not know her arrow was enchanted to strike her father. Perhaps it was actually spelled after it left her bow. After all her mother had more power and was the weaver of Elven destiny.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:2isna3rs]Simple solution: epic spell: vampiric drain: you level drain target & gain any XP that it lost.[/color:2isna3rs] :devil:
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

A picture I have is having something close to a traditional drow Noble house (Save leaving out the torture chambers slaves etc)

With a lot of pageantry etc.

it would likely be watched over by one or two senior priestess etc, who would negotiate with vhaurne, gaundar, etc, against lloth, (or possibly wiht lloth against them) since while eilistraee wants nothing to do with tbe backstabbing nature of drow politics shes not completely unrealistic...
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

In regard to Shevarash, I've never actually been fond of him simply because of the "hatred of the drow" aspect of his dogma. If you read his dogma in Faiths and Pantheons, it specifically states "Redemption and revenge may be achieved through the utter destruction of the drow and the dark deities they serve. Only then may the joy of life begin anew."

He's getting close to evil, I think...and from what I've read of the actions of his followers, so are they. In their merciless hunting of the drow, they essentially become exactly what they hate the most. There's a story in Realms of the Elves which covers that particular aspect of his followers quite well, where they even go as far as slaying one of their own because he tried to protect a drow child that had done no wrong.
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I think Shevarash just has a secret crush on Eilistraee and is lashing out because he doesn't want to admit it to himself. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":37t6kian]I think Shevarash just has a secret crush on Eilistraee and is lashing out because he doesn't want to admit it to himself. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:37t6kian]

Perhaps, perhaps *chuckles* Would definitely explain a lot ;)
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

[quote="Arathen":2u034rl8]In regard to Shevarash, I've never actually been fond of him simply because of the "hatred of the drow" aspect of his dogma. If you read his dogma in Faiths and Pantheons, it specifically states "Redemption and revenge may be achieved through the utter destruction of the drow and the dark deities they serve. Only then may the joy of life begin anew."

He's getting close to evil, I think...and from what I've read of the actions of his followers, so are they. In their merciless hunting of the drow, they essentially become exactly what they hate the most. There's a story in Realms of the Elves which covers that particular aspect of his followers quite well, where they even go as far as slaying one of their own because he tried to protect a drow child that had done no wrong.[/quote:2u034rl8]

The man needs to get laid. Badly.. It's been several millenium since he last had some. Poor man...
Vendrin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vendrin »

[quote="Arathen":ye5lvuil]In regard to Shevarash, I've never actually been fond of him simply because of the "hatred of the drow" aspect of his dogma. If you read his dogma in Faiths and Pantheons, it specifically states "Redemption and revenge may be achieved through the utter destruction of the drow and the dark deities they serve. Only then may the joy of life begin anew."

He's getting close to evil, I think...and from what I've read of the actions of his followers, so are they. In their merciless hunting of the drow, they essentially become exactly what they hate the most. There's a story in Realms of the Elves which covers that particular aspect of his followers quite well, where they even go as far as slaying one of their own because he tried to protect a drow child that had done no wrong.[/quote:ye5lvuil]

Honestly that makes me respect him all the more. He and his followers no longer care about good or evil, merely accomplishing a task that is for the most part unrealistic and impossible, and deep down they have to know it. And frankly if he does go evil, it makes him all the more an intriguing character who spent so long staring into the abyss, that he did not realize the abyss was staring back.
"What does God want? Does God want goodness or the choice of goodness? Is a man who chooses evil perhaps in some way better than a man who has good imposed upon him?"
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

Intriguing, yes...still doesn't mean I have to be fond of the guy ;)

Shyressa
Maid
Maid

Post by Shyressa »

My take on why Eilistraee had a place in the Denomweb Pits is the same reason why she ended up banished in the first place, she did not have to go with Lolth yet she did just for that reason since she was absolved of crimes during the Seldarine war. She would see if as a place of hope for the dark elves, a bastion of good in a times of dire need. As to the look, I would see if more as a small cave with a glade of some sort, be it giant mushrooms or something similiar, with most likely a ray of light shining down or some sort since those are the places she prefers in her worshippers, and most often that reflects on the home of the deity in question. So in keeping with her nature, she would have it set apart and yet striving for it to be a beacon of hope and good in the oppression of her mother's power.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Interesting thoughts. I like it; keeping a place in the Demonweb Pits as a place of hope. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee