Why did Aurashne survive?

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Why did Aurashne survive?

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

has anyonenoted in the novel evermeet island of the elves correlon had aurashnee totally in his own power.

he actualy goes out of his way NOT to kill her.

is it for some Grand "divine plan" we will never truly understand

or did he just not have the heart to murder his one time consort.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I'm guessing the latter; he pretty much only [i:2e9dbc05]just[/i:2e9dbc05] found out that she betrayed him so I'd imagine that his feelings for her would still be alive.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Yeah, I think that's pretty much it. He let Vaerhaun live, too, even though he sided with his mother. He was giving them both a chance to mend their ways, I think. Too bad they never took it.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

logic, to me anyway, could you have your kid or 'wife' killed if you loved them and had hoped for them?

thats just first thoughts anyway.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

I think we should not forget few things: gods are different in their thinking from mortals and elven gods especially more so. Love of the immortal feylike beings may transcend many values.

Other option may be fear. Death of deity is not something to take lightly, especially such corrupted.
Miz'rin Fey
Maid
Maid

Post by Miz'rin Fey »

Well, think about it.

Cast her from Arvandor in the Abbys to suffer the etternity with madness is quite a punishment.

Everyone knows Lolth only as a twisted arachnid, but in fact she is a elven godess. None knows what happened to her became insane, maybe the abbys itself changed her. It destroyed her being and shaped like evil and chaos. She was a pomperous and vain godess, known as the Weaver of destiny, but since her transformation she can't even produce a regular web (she commands her minions to weave it for her).

Destroy her and smash everything she was proud of about herself, making her a pariah, is a bigger punishment than simply killing her.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

I dunno, that really bothered me. From his folio and all, you'd have thought he'd have had little choice in the matter.
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Have you noticed that the greatest villains and betrayers in elven culture are rarely killed? I think it is because of elven thinking that with their longevity robbing of life is much greater crime in their eyes.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

And so often, members of other races who have supposedly committed a grave misdeed against the elven people are cut down without mercy.

That does seem to fit rather neatly, doesn't it?
Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

Yeah, supremacist pride of elven races really turns away a lot of affection. But let's not compare negative effects of mortals who go too far to instill some petty war for territory. Unlike their progeny, Corelon and whole Seldarine are deities, perfect beings who have the foremost positive elven qualities.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

But not ONLY good ones. Everything has its' darker side, and Corellon is more than capable of showing a deeply violent streak if he deems it necessary.

It may be just me but I tend to think of the gods as really powerful versions of whoever falls within their purview, rather than exemplars of them. More than capable of being short-sighted or dickish if you catch them at a bad time. The main difference I see is that they are bound to act in a certain way when events pertain to their folio, so you can rely on them to act predictably in that respect.

It occurs to me that many elves act a bit like the githyanki: you only ever see them when they decide you've done something blasphemous and really need to die now kthx.

It's why I like working with the evil drow. No nonsense with them, no pretending that spilling your blood all over the underdark isn't on the agenda. You're expected to know how to watch your back if you have the stones to make deals with them and it's your own fault for being a wimp if you fail to do so.