consideration for the sisterhood

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kirintha the Fair
Regular

consideration for the sisterhood

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

Im curious basicly, any ideas on how admission to the sisterhoods handled? especialy for a adolescent drow girl born to the faith, when do you think they'd start seriously evaluating them for consideration.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

They would probably start sometime around the age of consent/ascension. Like the entry into Arach-Tinilith, they would likely enter at the start of adolescence or their 25th birthday, whichever came first. Or perhaps after their first menses, which happens a bit later.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

Another issue, not to be underestimated, is that while They would never FORCE a child into the clergy, the girls parents might encourage it, seeing it as for her own good, and its easy to argue truth be told.

asbeing a cleric ... even if its a cleric, and not a sword dancer, is certainly better, then being a a apocthery.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

I think that depends on how good the apothecary's business is, lol!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Strangers are your friends, all should be welcome as sisters and brothers, until they do something you have to kill them for.

Well there might be some sort of sorority within te priestess hood I look at it as more likely, something the Heda do. One chooses to learn, as their skill increases they are accorded respect. It being possible the student becomes greater then the teacher.
Ed has indicated respect for class level does not matter, rank within the clergy is based on respect earned. Of course devotion to the faith is what matters most.