Changeform, Changedance

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Changeform, Changedance

Post by Bhaern Quel »

This a spin off of the High Hunt thread in which I reposted part of what Ed said.

In that Ed indicated the lowly male can request to be turned into female for a ritual, clearly an effect of short duration, should the group have the ability to provide such an effect. I flipped though the 3.5 SRD to see what spells might be available for a changeform effect. The closest I could come up with at low levels would be alter self or polymorph. Niether of these spells work will and a variation is required which requires spell research or some kind of divine favor. A group of followers clearly can have arcance spell casters to cause something like change form for a short time. I could not find a divine spell for the effect, except Druid ability. It almost appears a spell or ritual needs to be designed for both change form and changedance.

My thoughts on how to achieve this is circle magic, most common in High Elven Magic in where it takes more then one caster to create the desired effect.

The problem I have concern with even using this, changedance is required at first level for the male seeking to be a priest of the faith, there might not be enough or any other spell casters about.

Thus I invite discussion about how changeform and/or changedance should work within a rules and/or RP process.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

you could alwasy make it a 1st lvl spell, like Alter Self, except that it only changes outward gender, perhaps not the function, but just the parts. Or you could make it a test to determine if the petitioner is worthy to be a priest. Finding someone to cast it on you would be the test, then seeing if the petitioner chickens out of going through with it.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
PhaeShalee
Maid
Maid

Post by PhaeShalee »

If you use non D&D, d20 books for your games I would highly reccomend the Book of Erotic Fantasy. (Unlike some adult d20 books, this one was very well thought out, and really had some seriously decent spells for both fertility and pleasure reasons.)

There is a spell in there called 'Reverse Gender' which would do exactly what you want.
(Holy Liberator as optional core class, basically CG paladin)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

For shame, PhaeShalee!! You've been reading Nymphology, haven't you?! Don't worry, I have it on PDF myself, and you're absolutely right. I'd forgotten about that spell. I got a real kick out of that book, as it's got some highly useful and very amusing spells and items in it.

My bard personally uses the "Speedy Undress" and "Cupid's Arrow" spells from that book, along with one called "Touch of Rapture" from the Ultimate Arcane Spellbook. So much fun, and given his prankish nature, you can probably guess what he uses them for!!! :devil: (Don't ask- his former tutor had a few odd quirks, including summoning succubi and other questionable practices....)

On a related note, the "Change Gender" spell (I think that's the actual name) would be perfect for the Changedance idea. Could esily be made into a divine spell. I can post the entire spell, if you need it, Bhaern. [/center]

PhaeShalee
Maid
Maid

Post by PhaeShalee »

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":2ejjue8m]For shame, PhaeShalee!! You've been reading Nymphology, haven't you?! Don't worry, I have it on PDF myself, and you're absolutely right. I'd forgotten about that spell. I got a real kick out of that book, as it's got some highly useful and very amusing spells and items in it.

My bard personally uses the "Speedy Undress" and "Cupid's Arrow" spells from that book, along with one called "Touch of Rapture" from the Ultimate Arcane Spellbook. So much fun, and given his prankish nature, you can probably guess what he uses them for!!! :devil: (Don't ask- his former tutor had a few odd quirks, including summoning succubi and other questionable practices....)

On a related note, the "Change Gender" spell (I think that's the actual name) would be perfect for the Changedance idea. Could esily be made into a divine spell. I can post the entire spell, if you need it, Bhaern. [/center][/quote:2ejjue8m]

No no, not Nymphology, [b:2ejjue8m]'Book of Erotic Fantasy'[/b:2ejjue8m], I think it's by Valor Project. Nymphology was kinda fun, in a silly sort of way, but Erotic Fantasy is an expertly written book of fertility, birth, adult spells, items, and everything good and bad about the topic in a very mature fashion. Honestly, it's one of my favourite d20 supplimental books, and it's always right there with my PG, MM and DMG. ;)

Although your character would so definately get along with the headonistic drow girls from our home rp. lol
(Holy Liberator as optional core class, basically CG paladin)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

LOL!! Ah, I see. I hadn't heard of that book, just the other one, though it seems they have the same basic theme. I seem to remember that also being a subtitle of Nymphology. That's why i thought you meant that one. Would you happen to know where to find it on-line (pdf's preferred)? I thought Nymphology was pretty serious in some respects, though admittedly some of the spells were a little "out there".

As to my bard- mind, he mostly uses those spells in a less "intimate" fashion. (Except maybe the Touch of Rapture one, but that's for special occasions, lol! :angel: ) Mostly he uses them to play pranks- he's fond of Grease, Invisibility, and Animate Rope for the same reason *wink*- or in the case of Speedy Undress, it's great for removing a plate-covered fighter's armor to deliver that final blow. (Wait, that came out wrong.... :p ) He's not what I'd call hedonistic- though he's certainly a horrible flirt- but certainly a romantic at heart, and very much the gentleman joker. That is to say, he loves playing pranks, flirting, and music, not necessarily in that order.

Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

on a related note... I'd bet a lot that a Petitionar in Eilistraee's realm, probaly slowly turns first drow, then female, if they werent allready both.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Nope on both counts. According to the Planescape books of 2nd ed, petitioners of any deity always retain the same form they had in life- both gender and race.