Deific Relationships

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

It seems it’s easier to ask others to be acceptant of your race than it is to be acceptant of other races.

I can definitely see a goblin priestess of Eilistraee, but I also imagine that such a character would have a somewhat harder time among the followers than drow or elves or humans and such would have.

It’s not easy overcoming prejudices, within or without.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Well, it's only me, and still the "drowish" traits of character are sometimes stronger than teachings of Eilisraee... Does it make me less worthy, or is Eilistraee angry at me if I simply have a hard time accepting her teachings when it comes to other races? I was wondering... Anyone?? :/
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Argoth":159dexrx]Well, it's only me, and still the "drowish" traits of character are sometimes stronger than teachings of Eilisraee... Does it make me less worthy, or is Eilistraee angry at me if I simply have a hard time accepting her teachings when it comes to other races? I was wondering... Anyone?? :/[/quote:159dexrx]

There is a preference for Drow in the Dogma

" Aid drow in distress"

compared to

"Promote harmony between the races"

There is room for perfering Drow, just as long as you do not kill that silverhaired Goblin, because she is a goblin and you should be alright. *wink*

Heck for most Drow giving males equal rights might be harder then accepting females of other races.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:1kff8wzl]Me think goblin two stoopid too be priestesseses. :p On another, related note, how about orc Eilistraeen priestesses? Bugbears? Hobgoblins? Ogres? [b:1kff8wzl][i:1kff8wzl][u:1kff8wzl]How about hill giants?![/u:1kff8wzl][/i:1kff8wzl][/b:1kff8wzl] HAHA!!! :D [/color:1kff8wzl]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Well I played for a short time a Silver Dragon Priestess *wink* that will not eat the goblin priestess.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":1p0k603s][color=darkred:1p0k603s]Me think goblin two stoopid too be priestesseses.[/color:1p0k603s][/quote:1p0k603s]
Golbins are stupid? They also say that drow are evil. If one doesn't have to be true then the other doesn't have to be true either.

I think a hill giant priestess of Eilistraee would make for an interesting, if perhaps somewhat odd, story. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

A kobold priestess....Now that's something I've yet to see....

Besides Stealthfoot...For a while in the New Beggining (may you rest in peace dear FFR game) Bhaern made a goblin follower of Eilistraee, who could acctually utter more then "Me smash, me bash" and "UUUUUUUUU, elfs and dwarfs fur lunch."

She was eaven orange!
:3
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:132w2c2n]Orange? I thought I read that thread before it went in the bin along with the rest of the old forum? I think that female goblinoids are less moronic than males. Although, "there was of course, Grubby the Wiseless, pretended archmage, who..." :p here my source (Sojourn, by RAS) sort of runs off...[/color:132w2c2n]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination