Afterlife without death

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kaote Bruchedaine
Maid
Maid

Afterlife without death

Post by Kaote Bruchedaine »

This is something of a trend with me now.. Recalling something I happened to read at one point but can't recall where or the full detail there of..

In this particular case I seem to recall that when a follower of Eilistraee that has been in significantly good standing reaches an age where their usefulness in the hunt is in decline, Eilistraee will come claim them. I cannot recall if she comes in person/avatar or simply sends her.. shadow? But what I do recall is the inidividual in question will be invited to dance with Eilistraee. The dance will continue for the entire night away from the glade. Come morning, the person is no longer on the prime plane; having literally been taken by Eilistraee.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Re: Afterlife without death

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

The following passage is from the 2[sup:qng5z905]nd[/sup:qng5z905] ed. sourcebook Demihuman Deities (which is all I've got access to online atm). Might be similar things in other sourcebooks as well, but I think the gist of it will always be pretty much the same:

[quote:qng5z905]In the end, all priests who do not die in battle hold their greatest ritual: the Last Dance. In old age, Eilistraee's priests hear the goddess singing to them by night, calling them to her. When the song feels right, they go out unclad under the moonlit sky and dance-never to be seen again. Those who have observed such dances say that the goddess comes and sings overhead, and the aged priest begins to dance more effortlessly, looking younger and younger. Her hair begins to glow with the same radiance as the Dark Maiden's, and then she becomes slowly translucent, fading away as the dance goes on. In the end, only a silvery radiance is heard, with two voices-the goddess and her priest-raised together in melancholy, tender song.[/quote:qng5z905]

There you go. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Kaote Bruchedaine
Maid
Maid

Re: Afterlife without death

Post by Kaote Bruchedaine »

Woohoo! So I am not completely senile afterall.