What does "Ascendancy of the Last" mean to us?

Since the Chosen of Eilistraee is a religious oriented player group, naturally there is a place to have theological discussions. That is in-game religions; please leave real-world religion out of it. Debate the fine points of a certain dogma, how a church can enforce worship while staying true to its tenets or simply why one deity is better than another one is. All are free to talk about it here.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Noraimund
Maid
Maid

What does "Ascendancy of the Last" mean to us?

Post by Noraimund »

[Shir'le EDIT] Change the topic title somewhat to avoid confusion with the other thread in general.

*Spoilers*

Does anyone have any idea what exactly this bodes for the future? I mean...WotC really went for the carpet bomb with this trilogy, and I'm more than a little upset by the *sic* resolution. Does anyone have any idea how faith will play out now?

Is there now no hope of redemption for other drow? Where are all the previous faithful of Eilistraee and the rest going? How much of Vhaeraun was still left in her? I never received a satisfactory explaination on that.

Does anyone have an idea?
Evil? So you say. But my god, my friends, and my brothers and sisters would disagree with you. You take care of yours and I'll take care of mine.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

All in all we do not know yet, there is some unofficial information that if Drow can change their skin they can be redeemed.
The first announced planned release of 4th FR is this years GenCon. Of course some information might be released sooner. As you likely have already seen there has been different interpertations of the Status of Lady Silverhair, after book two there were discussions about the actually status of the Masked Lord.

So in the end we need to see the Source book that answers the questions which is at min months away and could be years away.
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

well, I have yet to read the book, but from how the epilogue was described to me it seems she does indeed survive. But...we shall see, eh? Hope for the best.
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/
Noraimund
Maid
Maid

Post by Noraimund »

[quote="Arathen":e1sayb8d] but from how the epilogue was described to me it seems she does indeed survive. [/quote:e1sayb8d]

That's not the impression that I got, from the conversation Cavatina had with her parents in Arvandor, at the book's ending.

:/ Do we only have one 'drow' god now?
Evil? So you say. But my god, my friends, and my brothers and sisters would disagree with you. You take care of yours and I'll take care of mine.
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

only if you think that way.

also Noraimund could you change the name of this forum thers was one already called 'ascendencey of the last' when you posted
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Thalon Mercrow":sdxwd2qr]only if you think that way.

also Noraimund could you change the name of this forum thers was one already called 'ascendencey of the last' when you posted[/quote:sdxwd2qr]

I believe you mean the thread subject, not even I can change the name of this forum.
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

thanks for the correcection
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Noraimund":xdq6zp6o]Do we only have one 'drow' god now?[/quote:xdq6zp6o]
The Forgotten Realms seem to, yes.

But as such the Forgotten Realms have no relevance to us at all anymore.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Vendrin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vendrin »

In 4E, Eilistraee is dead and gone. I say simply abandon 4E and play in a world that continues in 3.5 from a point of your choosing, building your own cannon from there.
"What does God want? Does God want goodness or the choice of goodness? Is a man who chooses evil perhaps in some way better than a man who has good imposed upon him?"
Autumn
Maid
Maid

Post by Autumn »

Okay....I just read the book and...I would like to toss in 2 cents here....

I do not think Elistraee is dead...at least not forever. I mean She Died supposedly doing what Her realm/and such is about. REdeeming the drow, Similiar to how another god died during the Time of troubles. and he was revived.

secondly...Corellian *sp* his reaction there with The Spider witch *I refuse to use her name* Was -entirely- wrong for a grieving father which is what he should have been given he does love his daughter despite who her mother is.

Thirdly..her realm did not vanish...and her peices becoming His to move.

This is my....well theory and well I know it may be wrong.

Elistraee The goddess of the drow -did- die..BUT She transformed her followers with Quille's sacrifice from Drow BACK to miyutari (spelling again sorry) And thus her realm returend to Arvandor makign it a part of Corellion's Realm and control. NOT The Spider witches. Which means YEs the old Elistraee is gone but perhaps....she is/may be reborn in the Surface elven pantheon In arvandor as the matroness of the restored Miyutari....and redeemed illythari if there are still some who can / want to be redeemed.

Just....well my two cents here *Ducks into a bunker for the incomign barrages*
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

That's not a bad one actually.
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Not bad at all, but I think everyone's figured that much already, it's just a moot point since as far as WoTC are concerned right now she's dead and gone until they decide otherwise, which means they're still jerking us around and we're still screwed no mater what her 'death' implies for the future.
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Autumn
Maid
Maid

Post by Autumn »

TRue....but at least there is still...a faint hope.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Yeah, to take our faithful asses and revive Her somewhere we can all be safe.
Arathen
Maid
Maid

Post by Arathen »

I, for one, am already planning a series of adventures for my group that will culminate in her revival, since I'm not content to just jump ship.
"Courage lies not in the lack of fear...but in doing something you are afraid to."

Check out the progress on my book at http://kaavelbaelithar.deviantart.com/