NWN2 Upgrades

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shyressa
Maid
Maid

NWN2 Upgrades

Post by Shyressa »

When tinkering with the toolset and other editing abilities in NWN2. So I thought I would post the things I come up with on here for those of you interested.

First off, an updated Deities list for Eilistraee. Under the orginial, ALL alignments, including evil were allowed to choose her, I removed that. Also, I added the ability for Rangers to now be able to pick Eilistraee as long as they are CN, CG, or NG. should work by downloading the following 2da file and dropping it into your override folder.

I am also working on adding the Sword Dancer prestige class and hopefully will have it up soon!
**Also I am going to look into adding a few new domains for Eilistraeean clerics when I finish**

**Download links for content .. will post them here as I add them**

[url=http://www.filefactory.com/file/fb8a70/:7vkuz2pu]Updated Deity 2da[/url:7vkuz2pu]

[url=http://www.filefactory.com/file/6c5fde/:7vkuz2pu]Perform skill/feat update[/url:7vkuz2pu]

All these add-ons will work in the Official campaign and solo run modules. Not sure about adding PW or multi-player compatibility yet, but I will look into it.
Last edited by Shyressa on Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Wow that sounds real interesting, espcially trying to impliment Sword Dancer..

In NWN the Sword properties clearly were one of the ptoblems our High Priestess had ptoblems with.
Shyressa
Maid
Maid

Post by Shyressa »

Well, I might have a revamp or remove some of the abilities, such as the dancing sword and the conversions. But might be able to add the conversions as bonus spells or something. Not sure about the dancing sword ability....only thing close to it would be the Mordenkainen's Sword spell, so maybe I will just drop that in there as a nod to the dancing sword. Hopefully I can have it pieced together soon.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Dancing is only one property that was hard to impliment in NWN 1, the Sword growing in power with Sword Dancer level. My notes are at viewtopic.php?t=663

I understand not all rules put out by WotC will be in NWN2 it is unlikely a NWN 3 would be either, in part because of all the minor addons that WotC puts out and in part harder to code for more exotic effects that might appeal to a few people.
Shyressa
Maid
Maid

Post by Shyressa »

Well the sword doesn't grow in power as the Sword Dancer levels, she can just use the ability more often aka number of times per day equal to level.

Well at Epic levels you can add more to it, but once again that will be something you will haev to do either as a spell-like ability or drop. All of which might make a epic level sword dancer unfeasible. But epic level stuff will be in the future heh let me just work on trying to get a viable NWN2 sword dancer for us first.

But yeah, adapting the class to NWN2 will mean a partial reworking of some of the abilities, but I am going to try my best to keep it as true as possible. But once I iron it out a bit more I will update the opst to give an idea of how I am working it for feedback.

I also want to try to rework or make a non-gender specific romance/flirting mod. I saw one but its very buggy and hasn't been worked on forever. And I know I am not the only one that would rather flirt with my own sex in game or not LOL.
Shyressa
Maid
Maid

Post by Shyressa »

Added an update for the Perform skill/feat in the first post of this topic. This update will allow any class to take the Perform skill and the Skill Focus - Perform feat, both of which were locked to Bard only before, so was a required changed to allow non-bard Sword Dancers, plus both of those items were not Bard only in the rulebooks, so it is a legal update per rules.

I will update and add all download links into the first post to make things easier to find.

Feel free to add requests for things you might like to see and I will see what I can do to make it happen. Will hopefully have the Sword Dancer class working very soon.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Sounding very good. :)

If you need any help with scripting things then let me know.

And yes, I've done a fair amount of work on a Sword Dancer prestige class for NWN1, but never finished it. I tried to stay as close to the rules as possible and actually got most of it working. The biggest thing left was the magic sword crafting ability. And I also had to do some AI work for the dancing sword ability as well as set up some specifics for the Spellsong abilities (though I did have the whole spontaneous casting thing working). For the rest everything was pretty much there; including attuning to a sword (which meant keeping the sword in your inventory for a set time), Moonlights, and various bonuses/penalties for the attuned sword.

If you're interested, once I get going again with the server, I could definitely use your help. I could add you to the builders list already and get you set up to access the task list (which is huge :p ) so you can see if there's anything there that interest you.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Shyressa
Maid
Maid

Post by Shyressa »

Sounds great =)

In NWN2 you cant really do the magic sword crafting either so I am thinking of taking a slightly cheating method of just granting the Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat for it. Still not sure about the dancing sword ability myself, but I am slightly leaning towards giving the mordenkainen's sword as an ability....I know its not quite the same, but kinda restricted by the game engine. But I have already got a weapon of choice setup, its not for a single sword, but a single sword type, once again I am either limited by the engine or my lack of C+ skills heh. Still smoothing out the rough edges and testing but right now the class is viable and working for selection, although a full cleric cant grab the class till 8th level to get the required perform =)

But would love to hear how you setup the Spellsong, attuning and moonlights and stuff. From what I have read the scripting is pretty similiar to nwn1 so might not be too hard to convert and strengthen the class even more.
If at first you dont succeed....Bless them with the blade of your sword!!
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Alright. If I remember I'll send you over what I've done. Just note that the code is a bit integrated into the PrCC code of the time, but might still be of some use.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Lionstar
Maid
Maid

Post by Lionstar »

Wow! I like what I am reading in this thread. One thing that has irked me about NWN2 is that Female Drow are set to the favored class of Wizard. What's up with that? >:(

Anyway, if that is something that could be addressed as well I am sure it would make a lot of us very happy. :D
Shyressa
Maid
Maid

Post by Shyressa »

Hmmm you know I will look into it but I dont think I can change the favored class for female drow only to cleric...I am pretty sure it is all or nothing per race. But if needed maybe I can find a way to make it like humans where the highest class is favored. Just not sure there are gender flags functioning in most of nwn2 in fact it is only used in one spot...the Lolth clerics can only be female.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

I’d noted that problem to Obsidian (even before the game was released), but they never changed it.

As it is I think a much better option would’ve been to make favored class cleric, since there’s already plenty of elves with wizard (and no races with cleric).

Another option is to have two races: “drow (male)” and “drow (female)”… though then people can cheat and pick either one. ;)

A final option requires cooperation from the server… I think it’s possible to make a NWNX plugin that changes the character data file… so you could change favored class based on the gender. Maybe. And it’d be server-specific.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Shyressa
Maid
Maid

Post by Shyressa »

Just a little update on the prestige class. Have got a number of things working, however its going to require a number of scripts to accomplish, so what I have done is I have grabbed the NWN2 version of the PRC kit and I am currently adapting what I have done into it. What this will allow is better compatibility, easier running and installing the classes thru the system they have in place as well as access to the massive amount of classes, feats, spells, and domains, etc they have made. The core of the class is together, now its just a matter of tweaking and working the abilities into it. Hoping they also get the no leveling custom classes bug fixed in the 1.07 patch they say is to be released soon.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Sent you my old work in NWN1 on the class. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Shyressa
Maid
Maid

Post by Shyressa »

Thanks hun! *hugs*