2006 MOST WANTER

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

No, Rooky, no one here stocks it. Planescape: Torment is no longer being re-released by Bioware. Reasons being, most likely, it was not a very big seller in comparison to their BG/IwD series, Planescape is an expired licence I believe. In fact, I don't think even WoTC make Planescape products anymore. Also, Interplay, the company that released the BG/IwD/Fallout/PS:T games died a long time ago.

I tried for 3 years to find a retailer both on and offline in Australia that hada c opy, to no avail. Recently, though, I have been fortunate enough to locate a source for the game. ;) Can't say who or where, as it is a hmm, how you say? not quite above board... :angel:
Shayera
Maid
Maid

Post by Shayera »

For me it would be NWN2 and Hellgate: London (still hoping for 2006).

Regarding Oblivion: i've bought it, played it two weeks, now it simply collects dust... Was my last game of this series... But i better stop now 'cause i'm more than just disappointed about it (and could REALLY loose my temper). :mad:
Elspath
Maid
Maid

Post by Elspath »

Cromehound is another that i would love to have, but its on the xbox 360 and i refuse to buy a xbox becose of the bisness practices Microsft is forcing on the gaming community just so they can make another few dollers. But it looks like such a nice game, i love mech fighing -_-

ps: On oblivion, i kind of know how you feel, it was a really really REALLY nice game but then all the dungeons and castles and areas seemed to blend together and if you do the storys there just not much left to do... all feels like pointless wondering around -_- kind of sad how marrowind was so expensive you get bored trying to figure out what to do, and oblivion is less so that you finish it in 2 weeks -_-

oh well!
vin''ult sea''anen d''Myth Drannor Y''teni dosst killian lanke zhah elghinyrr
-=Shadows of the Moon Series=-
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Shayera":3slsz3e0]Regarding Oblivion: i've bought it, played it two weeks, now it simply collects dust...[/quote:3slsz3e0]
Hmm, sounds awfully familiar. ;)

I’m also looking forward to Jade Empire PC (which they recently announced). Never got the chance to play it on the Xbox (since I don’t have one), but heard it’s a good roleplaying game (and hey, it’s BioWare :) ).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Elspath
Maid
Maid

Post by Elspath »

I would say its average role playing game *cough cough*
vin''ult sea''anen d''Myth Drannor Y''teni dosst killian lanke zhah elghinyrr
-=Shadows of the Moon Series=-
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Erm, I thought Jade Empire was more of a fighting game, with a bit of role play thrown in? Well, whatever it is, I have read good and bad things about it.
Dragon Age looks like it might be interesting... if they ever finish it. Oh, and Bioware are working on a new MMORPG, too. Sigh... I thought we'd have at least ONE comapny that made good games and escaped the clutches of such things, but no.

Edit: And, if the rumours are true, Diablo 3. Though it probably won't be out until late '07 at the earliest. As much as I love more 'intense' RPGs like NwN, Baldur's Gate 2, etc; now and then I just like to mindlessly hack minions of hell to bits :p
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="CrankyOzzie":3os3w6pj]As much as I love more 'intense' RPGs like NwN, Baldur's Gate 2, etc; now and then I just like to mindlessly hack minions of hell to bits :p[/quote:3os3w6pj]
Then maybe you might like [url=http://nwn.bioware.com/premium/module_i ... l:3os3w6pj]this[/url:3os3w6pj]?

Neverwinter Nights goes Diablo-style... :p

As for Jade, it's probably as much an action game with some roleplaying thrown in as Baldur's Gate was a squad-based strategy game with some roleplaying thrown in. In fact, I'm expecting quite a bit more roleplaying in Jade than in previous cRPGs (and I just love roleplaying games where you take direct control of your main character).

Of course it's probably a good idea to read up on a number of reviews first, but I'm expecting it to be quite an enjoyable single-player roleplaying experience. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

I would check out that mod, but I can no longer run Neverwinter Nights at a decent frame rate on my computer. It's dead Jim! Well, not quite, but I quit playing NwN on and off-line about 3 months ago, due to the excruitingly bad frame rates. But anyway.

I'm not knocking Jade Empire, I've never played it, just going on what I have read. I never took much interest in it, to be honest, since it was a console game and I don't own any consoles.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

I saw a comic strip once that reminds me of all of us, cant remember which one it was, but a little boy is sitting at his computer writing and his sister comes in, she asks him what he is writing and he says "My autobiography"
she replies " Your only 10 , what could you possibly have to write about."
he says " Ill have you know I have fought more demons than Ernest Hemingway and ( someone else cant remember) combined.
She groans " Diablo doesnt count":
"Hey," he protests " Diablo, Diablo II and the expansion set thank you very much."