another stupid question...

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

another stupid question...

Post by Nedylene »

ok..im sorry..my computer illiteracy is showing with all this tupid questions..i have a GORGOUS drow pic, but its in my picture file, i dont have a link to it, any way i could add it to the gallery so i can use it as my avator?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

You can not add a picture to this site's gallery, only Shir'le can do that. You can try to find an image hosting site, and link to that remote site (but don't use that site Velve used).

I am not sure how many are using remote avatars right now.
Last edited by Bhaern Quel on Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Actualy the site I used seems fine, its just that one pic for some reason... :bored:
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Velve":3cn9w6ba]Actualy the site I used seems fine, its just that one pic for some reason... :bored:[/quote:3cn9w6ba]

OK, I do not pay much attention to imaages, just knew the High Priestess was having problems with that one.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

stalker me..yeeaahaha

Post by Nedylene »

Ill admit, it may be in my best interests to watch the rp posts for a while. I have NEVER played online and dont have the foggiest notion how to go about doing so. But this will be a vastly interesting learning experience for me. There are a few things I am concerned about, but i hate to bog the posts down with my inane questions, so hopefully I can answer them myself by just watching a while.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

For Free Form Roleplaying there are helpful tips and hints on the old forum's FFR section. Also, [url=http://www.blkdragon.com/index.php?page ... 5:5un90fxx]Black Dragon Inn[/url:5un90fxx] has a whole FFR guide.
Last edited by Unen_Stealthfoot on Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

ty..

Post by Nedylene »

thanx Unen, Ill check that out.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

I didn't find a thing there... :p
:3
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

The Black Dragon Inn FFR Guide I found was a bit longer winded than Shirle's, but if you want small details and multiple examples and have plenty of time it's great.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":1r28x0sk]The Black Dragon Inn FFR Guide I found was a bit longer winded than Shirle's, but if you want small details and multiple examples and have plenty of time it's great.[/quote:1r28x0sk]

Perhaps you can post a direct URL, because all I get are adverts or a listing of links that does not even point to what you describe.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Oops. :-[ Sorry about that. The hyperlink should be fixed now.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Nedylene":3o8h4c2z]ok..im sorry..my computer illiteracy is showing with all this tupid questions..i have a GORGOUS drow pic, but its in my picture file, i dont have a link to it, any way i could add it to the gallery so i can use it as my avator?[/quote:3o8h4c2z]
As other have said, you’ll have to upload it somewhere else and then provide a link to it in your profile.

Alternatively you can also email me the picture and I’ll host it for you (and even modify your profile for you if you want). Though I’ll not put it in the gallery (unless you explicitly want it and I like the picture enough to put it there), because that means that everyone can then pick that as their avatar… making them look like you. ;)

[quote="Nedylene":3o8h4c2z]Ill admit, it may be in my best interests to watch the rp posts for a while. I have NEVER played online and dont have the foggiest notion how to go about doing so. But this will be a vastly interesting learning experience for me. There are a few things I am concerned about, but i hate to bog the posts down with my inane questions, so hopefully I can answer them myself by just watching a while.[/quote:3o8h4c2z]
The best way to learn is through practice. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes (we all do all the time ;)) and just jump in there.

And if you have more questions feel free to ask them. Don’t be afraid of “bogging down” the posts… that’s what the forums are for (in part at least). Though if you’ve got a ton of questions I do suggest keeping it to a single thread (unless a question is significant enough o warrant a separate discussion… and I hope that didn’t sound too confusing :tear:).

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":3o8h4c2z]For Free Form Roleplaying there are helpful tips and hints on the old forum's FFR section. Also, [url=http://www.blkdragon.com/index.php?page ... 5:3o8h4c2z]Black Dragon Inn[/url:3o8h4c2z] has a whole FFR guide.[/quote:3o8h4c2z]
The Black Dragon Inn is one of the main places where I got my information for that thread (which I still have to copy over). A quite useful source indeed.

Though do remember that the Black Dragon Inn is mostly geared towards IRC-based free-form roleplaying (i.e. something with a real-time nature). In forum-based roleplaying people have a lot more time to think and write (and read) so that paragraph-style roleplaying is a lot more common (for example). Of course the real-time related things are particularly useful for roleplaying in Neverwinter Nights and such. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Sorry, but what is IRC again? :?
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":3lfhxoag]Sorry, but what is IRC again? :?[/quote:3lfhxoag]

Internet Relay Chat

"Internet Relay Chat. A chat protocol which allows servers worldwide to link and allow for users to access them with special software and chat (type back and forth) in real time."

The first instant message system , IIRC.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Thanx.
Life before death
Strength before weakness