Eillistraees teachings

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

olath
Maid
Maid

Eillistraees teachings

Post by olath »

What is all of Eillistraees teachings.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

1. Don't ask stupid questions.
2. Go here: http://www.eilistraee.com/chosen/dogma.php
3. Go ask the High Priestess, not the local dimwit Fighter.
:3
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

How many lifetimes do you have? :p

But yeah, [url=http://www.eilistraee.com/chosen/dogma.php:35nkct87]Eilistraee’s Dogma[/url:35nkct87] is a good starting point.

Any specific questions we’ll do our best to answer. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

We need more priests...
Zareari Det'tar
Maid
Maid

Post by Zareari Det'tar »

Don't look at me, I'm as clulles as the lycan.
Mikayla
Maid
Maid

Post by Mikayla »

Well, as a Yathtallar (High Priestess) I would be more than happy to answer your question. Let me lay out Eilistraee's dogma for you:

First...

[b:2lih68ez]Be always weak:[/b:2lih68ez] Leave being strong to those with the fortitude to do what is necessary like the followers of her Holy Majesty, the Spider Queen.

[b:2lih68ez]Encourage sloth:[/b:2lih68ez] The Moonmaiden cares deeply for the drow, but never does she lift a single finger to help them unlike her far more active and worthy mother.

[b:2lih68ez]Learn and teach new songs and dances:[/b:2lih68ez] Why not? Its about all she is good for since she will not actually get down into the dirty business of fighting for the life of the race against its myriad enemies as the followers of the Dark Mother do.

[b:2lih68ez]Promote harmony between the races:[/b:2lih68ez] Since the Moon-fools are so busy singing, dancing and avoiding conflict, their only hope is to beg for the mercy, excuse me, "harmony", of other races. Of course, if they learned how to fight and do what is necessary to keep themselves alive even in the face of other races, then they would not need this "harmony" - but of course, if they did all that they would be followers of Lolth, whose people raise magnificent cities, not followers of some addle-brained moon-worshipping pretender whose followers have to hide in caves and forests forever scared of the outside world.

[b:2lih68ez]Befriend strangers, shelter those without homes and feed the hungry: [/b:2lih68ez] They might as well; as weak as they are they are going to lose their homes and food to the strong anyway, so you might as well try to befriend them.

[b:2lih68ez]Repay rudeness with kindness: [/b:2lih68ez] Well, I suppose when you are this weak and pathetic, kissing butt is your only option. I would not really know, but its seems logical.

[b:2lih68ez]Repay violence with swift violence:[/b:2lih68ez] How has that worked out for the followers of Eilistraee I wonder? Let me see, there are dozens of enormous, grand cities beholden to Lolth with tens of thousands of drow living in them, and there are what, a couple dozen enclaves of a couple dozen moonies scattered through out the realms in places where no one else wants to go? Me thinks the Moon-maiden's credo of vengence is a bit toothless.

[b:2lih68ez]Aid drow in distress and give them the Ladies message: "A rightful place awaits you in the Realms Above, in the Land of the Great Light. Come in peace and live beneath the sun again where trees and flowers grow." :[/b:2lih68ez] I cannot imagine how reciting this drivel would alleviate any real drow's distress, but I will agree with one thing - we do have a 'rightful place' in the Realms Above - as their overlords. The surface of this world exists as a breeding pasture for slaves and bit by bit we will take control of it and use its people like we use rothe. In time, we shall return to Arvandor, 'where trees and flowers grow'....and we will burn it down!

[color=indigo:2lih68ez][b:2lih68ez]Malla tlu Lolth![/b:2lih68ez][/color:2lih68ez][/size:2lih68ez]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Mikayla, err not quick ready to follow a loving Goddess?

Also you forgot a few things, like sword work and striking down evil quickly.

Yes there is dance, but a lot of the dance is sword dancing.
Mikayla
Maid
Maid

Post by Mikayla »

I forgot nothing waela jabbuk, I am not a moon-addled follower of some flighty silver-locked air-head. I choose not to include certain aspects of her stated dogma as it seemed redundant; I have dispensed with her vengence above, having named it toothless - need I name her absurd sword dancing similarly? As for striking down evil quickly, I will say again - how well has that worked out for her followers? How many of them are there as compared to the followers of Her Most Holy Majesty, Lolth, Queen of Spiders?

As for following a "loving" goddess, show me how that makes the drow race stronger; show me how that allows us to defeat the Illthid, Aboleth, Beholders and so on more readily. Has it worked for your people? Have the moonies multiplied and expanded above and below the surface in great numbers? Lolth's path is hate and that path has saved us from the brink of extinction and led us to become the dominant power in the underdark. This cult of the moon-maiden is but a refuge for those not strong enough to succeed in Lolth's society.

:devil:
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

You do not see our numbers growing, but we live in cities and towns, We are increasing in numbers while followers of Lolth, may the light take her, are deceasing in number, During the Sience an entire Lolth city was lost.

What is true that Ed nor WotC are willing to provide numbers of followers, logistics indicate tat followers of Eilistraee will out number followers of Lolth. We gain in strengh because we convert other races and the misguided spider kisses. Our strenght also come from not killing each other. Xas you can say it is a weakness, of not killing the weak. In this you are misguided. We train as hard if not harder, those that do not excell in combat often excell someplace else, even if it be gardening. We have the backing of the Harpers a strong ally. You can not trust your bodyguard not to btray you, if paid enough.
Mikayla
Maid
Maid

Post by Mikayla »

[quote:3qpdksqq]What is true that Ed nor WotC are willing to provide numbers of followers, logistics indicate tat followers of Eilistraee will out number followers of Lolth. We gain in strengh because we convert other races and the misguided spider kisses. [/quote:3qpdksqq]

Do not make me laugh! Eilistraee has had her dogma and Lolth has had hers for 10,000 years - and how many Eilistraeen cities are there? Lolth could lose half a dozen cities and still be thousands of times stronger than Eilistraee. How many live at the promenade? A hundred? Two hundred? Less probably - here is a quote from Dragon 176 (a mysterious yet somehow errily accurate publication, probably by that no good wandering rivvil male "volo"): "The current garrison of temple guards consists of 24 drow (nine females), nine dwarves, 27 humans (12 females), and four halflings. Commanding these varied troops are the consort of the high priestess and his lieutenant, each described later."

Less than 70 in the garrison altogether. The great houses of Menzoberranzan have multiple companies of hundreds. Even after the Silence, individual houses can boast armies ten times the size of this, Eilistraee's most important holding. And that is one mid-size city; we have not even considered mighty Guallidurth, or Undrek-Thoz, or any of the many other Lolthian cities. True, Ched Nasad and Maerimydra have fallen..but so what? What have the moonies done about it? Their own champion returned to Lolth when she came face to face with the True Goddess.

;)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The Promade, is not the larest community and if one looks at the undey laying base needs and the work being done the population has to be at least 500 and could well top over 1,000, with artisians and workers.

The very fact Lolth is losing cities and Eilistraee is gaining cities shows how the tide is going.
There is the long ago established portal, from the Spider's Queen favorite city, direct to an Eilistraee city on the surface. There are thousands of small comunities that are expanding the fait. There is even a moon that has Eilistraee leading it and Lolth has no influence there at all (OK the moon is not canon).

As for Halistra, she hardly was a champanion and though out the WotSQ there were major errors in depicting the Chosen or other followers of the Dark Maiden.
Also novels are not a good guide.
Mikayla
Maid
Maid

Post by Mikayla »

BQ:
[quote:zst0gs6z]The Promade, is not the larest community and if one looks at the undey laying base needs and the work being done the population has to be at least 500 and could well top over 1,000, with artisians and workers. [/quote:zst0gs6z]

Its not? Pray tell then, what is? And please do not give me some city or moon colony you made up, point me to a larger enclave of her followers in canon. And ... if there were 500 or a 1000 followers, would there only be 70 guardians? And even there were a 1000, so what? Menzoberranzan, just one of many Lolthian cities, boasts 800% that number of drow after the silence.

[quote:zst0gs6z]The very fact Lolth is losing cities and Eilistraee is gaining cities shows how the tide is going. [/quote:zst0gs6z]

What "cities" has Eilistraee gained? If you want to see how the 'tide is going' I suggest looking at the progress of Lolth from demonic exile, to lesser goddess, to now, undeniably, a goddess of immense power that can rip her own plane out of the abyss - for 10,000 years Lolth and her followers have been getting stronger - their survival through the silence and her rebirth as an even more powerful goddess signal a new strength, not some 'turning of the tide.'

[quote:zst0gs6z]There is the long ago established portal, from the Spider's Queen favorite city, direct to an Eilistraee city on the surface. [/quote:zst0gs6z]

Cowards are usually quite adept at finding ways to flee their betters.

[quote:zst0gs6z]There are thousands of small comunities that are expanding the fait. There is even a moon that has Eilistraee leading it and Lolth has no influence there at all (OK the moon is not canon).

As for Halistra, she hardly was a champanion and though out the WotSQ there were major errors in depicting the Chosen or other followers of the Dark Maiden.
Also novels are not a good guide. [/quote:zst0gs6z]

OOC - Hallistra was the one chosen by the moonies to carry their sacred blade and slay Lolth and I think that qualifies her as a champion, even if a temporary one. To call the depiction of Eilistraee's followers in the novels erroneous is to ignore the fact that the folks who did the depicting are the only people with authority to say what is correct or not - the authors and editors of WotC. Now, if and when they make blatant consistency errors, that is one thing, but to allege error simply because you do not like the way they depict a faith? It is [i:zst0gs6z]their[/i:zst0gs6z] creation to depict as they will. And as for novels not being a good guide, what is - your made up moon colony? I think I will stick to the WotC canon for now.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

[quote="Mikayla":zyude5fq]As for following a "loving" goddess, show me how that makes the drow race stronger; show me how that allows us to defeat the Illthid, Aboleth, Beholders and so on more readily. Has it worked for your people?

:devil:[/quote:zyude5fq]

Trust me you half-breed worshiping bag of bones, it worked. If it didn't I'd be ripping you to shreads now. Those "moonies" have a better chance of surviving then you do.
You plan to conquer the world? Fine, get used to the sunlight. How long will that take? Ooooh, a few 10, 000 years for the whole 3 million dark elves in the Underdark.

You think you can win over humanity? I ain't no human fan, but from my experiance, I know we got this fight. You can barely take on candle light, how the hells are you supposed to take on an ignited star the three times
the size of Fearun! Sure you got spiders. Who hasn't? I got a whole nest of em' in me room!

Worshiping a half-breed of a goddes? Good idea, next thing you know she'll be worshiping worms, instead of spiders.

Cowards? I think not. Leaving the Underdark, for a world you've never seen, heard, smelled or felt before? Living amongst primates, for life just because you've had enough of your mother and sisters who have more diseases than a carrion crawler because they sleep with every male and female they find in the trash can?
That takes guts.

Now, go and worship your worms, you two leagged goat!
Mikayla
Maid
Maid

Post by Mikayla »

Oh how cute! The moonies' lap dog is barking. What a nice little iblith, yes you are! Eww..but you kind of smell. I think you need a bath. Run along now little iblith, the intelligent races need to talk.
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

Aaaaaw, the little newbie-moonie's getting a bit agitated...
How would the newbie-moonies, old goddes Llolth like it if her wannabe follower got bitten by the lap doggy?

Let's see how the bitch-goddes like her brand new werewolf...
*Shifts*
Tell me before I make you into potential breeding stock for the werepack 's alpha male,how did your goddes get to her possition? Working as a free whore? Are you following her example? The shame...

Oh, and a, weren't you the oh, so powerfull Llolthian who was cought dancing under moonlight with Eilistraee?