"At risk"

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

"At risk"

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Those who have been following [url=http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/781/7811 ... l:1gxc43ta]the news[/url:1gxc43ta] might be aware already that Sony Europe has to cut 160 jobs.

Yesterday I’ve been told that my job is “at risk of redundancy”. I’d been working on a prototype for a new game for the studio, which has been put on ice. And they didn’t immediately have another work for me within the studio. On top of that our studio was hit harder than any other (20 people out of 80), likely because the studio doesn’t have any projects of its own yet (and instead all personnel is helping out on other projects such as Heavenly Sword and Killzone).

Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean I’m out of a job. They have hopes that they might be able to find a spot for me within another studio (the London studio) to help out on the SingStar games. But the only certainty I have at the moment is that I’m in for some major changes. And I have every intention to start applying for jobs with other companies.

What does this have to do with you or the site? Well, nothing except that it’s something big that’s affecting me. I’m not in any financial problems or anything and I’m sure that whatever happens I can keep the site going for years to come. So on that end there’s nothing to worry about.

So why am I posting this? I’m not sure. I probably just felt the need to vent and wanted to let you know what’s going on with me. In a way I consider all of you my friends.

Maybe I just wanted a hug. ;)

Anyway, if you’re interested I’ll keep you informed of what’s going on.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Mousestalker
Maid
Maid

Post by Mousestalker »

You will be in my thoughts and prayers until this thing clears up. Try not to get too anxious. I know all too well how anxiety over employment can ruin one's attitude.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*hugs Shir'le*
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

*BIG HUG*
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Me thinks me knows how you feel <big hug for Shir'le>. I'm sure everything will work for the better. [i:d0t9svty]Ad maioram gloriam Eilistraeei[/i:d0t9svty] ;) Still I have you in my thoughts.
I, for example, am still looking for a job as a translator and I've sent some of my stories for publishing. Still waiting for any responce though.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=indigo:nh1u2tzj]*hugs group, especially Shirle*[/color:nh1u2tzj] :x
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Aergale
Maid
Maid

Post by Aergale »

Ouch. Bad news. I sure hope this will turn out to be just a false alarm for you.
But EVEN IF not, even undesirable change can be made to work in your favor. You wouldn`t believe how many times one of my friends or i have been in serious trouble only to see a way out of it which would get us into better positions than those we were in before. Looking for a new job is neither easy nor pleasant, but who`s to say a new and better opportunity would not present itself?
You are competent and intelligent, and thus have much less to worry about than those who dont posess enough of those qualities. Just dont doubt yourself and dont give up.

I wish you confidence, patience and luck. Go and make the universe bend to your will, not the other way around! :-)
Dont try to catch the wind.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Wel, let's just say I know how you feel...But still, I wish you luck. Andno, I'm not giving you a hug...
:3
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Thank you all for your kind words. They really help me. :)

Just earlier today I’ve had a meeting talking about where to go from here. And it seems that there might be a good possibility that they’ve got a place for me with the SingStar team in London, though nothing is certain yet. And I’m definitely planning to send out resumes to other companies as well.

I’m sure I’ll be fine, I’m skilled enough and smart enough to find another job, it’s mostly a lot of change and uncertainty that’s getting a bit to me. But I’ve been through this once before (the previous company I worked for had to fire half their staff) and I ended up much better off with Sony.

Anyway, I’ll keep you all informed and thanks again for the hugs and support. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Shando
Regular

Post by Shando »

~HUG~

Maybe your possible new job will be better then your currentt one? :p
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[quote="Aergale":10i18keq]Ouch. Bad news. I sure hope this will turn out to be just a false alarm for you.
But EVEN IF not, even undesirable change can be made to work in your favor. You wouldn`t believe how many times one of my friends or i have been in serious trouble only to see a way out of it which would get us into better positions than those we were in before. Looking for a new job is neither easy nor pleasant, but who`s to say a new and better opportunity would not present itself?
You are competent and intelligent, and thus have much less to worry about than those who dont posess enough of those qualities. Just dont doubt yourself and dont give up.

I wish you confidence, patience and luck. Go and make the universe bend to your will, not the other way around! :-)[/quote:10i18keq]

[color=darkred:10i18keq]Why, we'll make an Eilistraeen out of him yet. :p [/color:10i18keq]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Aergale
Maid
Maid

Post by Aergale »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":1ne5y906] [color=darkred:1ne5y906]Why, we'll make an Eilistraeen out of him yet. :p [/color:1ne5y906][/quote:1ne5y906]

No chance. Dont even try. End of discussion. :p

And let`s not flood this particular topic, ok?
Dont try to catch the wind.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:34t37831]Yeah, sorry about that.[/color:34t37831]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »