New player introduction

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Norraneth
Maid
Maid

New player introduction

Post by Norraneth »

Hi

I have been playing D&D games since Baldur`s Gate, well started out with Eye of the Beholder on the Amiga.

I have never been a PnP player, but still enjoy Dungeons and Dragons as my favourite fantasy universe.

I call myself Norraneth as that was the name of my first Dark elf character, a female dark elf knight in the Elderscrolls : Arena (1994)

Since then the Dark elves has been a favourite of mine, especially the Drow, of D&D but also Everquest`s Tier`dal who resemble the drow closely, I currently play Everquest 2 , as well as several other MMORPGs including Dungeons and Dragons Online.
In EQ2 I have a Dark elf Paladin, named Norraneth on the Kithicor server, considering moving her to Nektulos server, where I have a new favourite character a fae named Jeanne.

I still have to unlock drow in DDO, but its so boring to play alone with no online friends.

I also enjoy playing NWN and NWN 2, still playing the NWN 2 campaign, only recently discovered NWN was a pretty good multiplayer game

I know .... but I always concentrated on the campaigns so I completely forgot to try MP

Will be great to meet you all soon.
Last edited by Norraneth on Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Welcome, our communiy is small, but you can find friends here.

The High Priestess will likely offer you a hug and better welcome then i can *S*
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Welcome. I'm sure you'll find a home here. As I did once... :angel:
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Hi Norraneth and welcome to our little corner of the web.

I think that for me the first D&D computer game I’ve played must’ve been Eye of the Beholder (2) as well. And the Baldur’s Gate games of course. Played those too.

I haven’t played Everquest though and I must say that the thought of blue-skinned dark elves makes me a bit… queasy. Ran into one in the (Elder Scrolls IV) Oblivion arena the other day (playing a properly dark-skinned dark elf myself) and I think he went down faster than any of the other opponents I’ve faced in there. :p

And I’ve tried a little bit of DDO as well… but that game simply was no fun at all. They had a nice concept I thought (I’m not averse to instanced dungeons like that), but it just didn’t work as a game and setting for me. And I have to question the wisdom of creating a race that can only be unlocked later… what fun is it playing one character just to unlock the character you really wanted to play?

Anyway, that’s enough ranting from me. :tear: Once again welcome and may you find a home of sorts here. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=indigo:1co8x02q]I also shall give you welcome, but I must warn you to beware of dog. (Rooky :p )[/color:1co8x02q]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Whatever.
:3
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Hello and welcome..and leave Rooky alone Unen she has been quite tame lately, Im very proud of her.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:198t4dbu]You're quite correct... maybe she is getting soft...[/color:198t4dbu]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

Like I said...I'm on vacation.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=indigo:19hs1us9]Eilistraeens will play, when Rooky's away... :devil: [/color:19hs1us9]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Shando
Regular

Post by Shando »

And drink her booze >.>
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Only if they don't mind going blind Lil
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

O common. Rooky has good booze...
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:22m9pln0]One thing that rooky and her booze have in common... they will both eat away your liver. :p [/color:22m9pln0]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

hehehe...[/size:1yf2ldxo]