The Lady Penitent series

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

The Lady Penitent series

Post by DarkSongKnight »

Heres a listing of the books in the series. [url:2ksz2spl]http://www.o-love.net/realms/head_lad.html[/url:2ksz2spl]

1. Sacrifice of the Widow
2. Storm of the Dead
3. Ascendancy of the Last

Theres a couple of release dates too.
I haven't started this series yet, but am anxious to.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: The Lady Penitent series

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="DarkSongKnight":2o9hnv4u]Heres a listing of the books in the series. [url:2o9hnv4u]http://www.o-love.net/realms/head_lad.html[/url:2o9hnv4u]

1. Sacrifice of the Widow
2. Storm of the Dead
3. Ascendancy of the Last

Theres a couple of release dates too.
I haven't started this series yet, but am anxious to.[/quote:2o9hnv4u]

While like the role of years, the titles might indicate the events it is not always clear what it is.

Sacrifice of the Widow: I have seen guesses that Lolth intended for her Grandson to die as an opening gambit. It makes as much sense as a few other theories I have seen.

Storm of the Dead:

The uncertaintancy of Lolth's son exists, but he might be half dead and with his dead son and the Godess of the Daed this could deal with at least the Son regaining full life, with perhaps a sligth gain in power as well.

Ascendancy of the Last:

Could very well indicate that another mortal might become a deity. Two best canidates is the Lady Penitent or Qilué Veladorn. Of course considering that the triolgy is about the Lady Penitent she is the best canidate, under this theory, to become the last Asendant.

IAE I do not see anything in these titles that mean good or ill for Eilistraee.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Only guess I would make from the titles is that "Storm of the Dead" seems to indicate Kiaransalee (drow goddess of undead). Beyond that it's anyone's guess.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I only hope it won't be a dissapointment. Or that nothing bad will happen to The Lady.
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Amen brother.

I still haven't read the first book as the completionist in me won't let me do it until the whole trilogy is out in paperback and I can buy them all at once, but from what I've heard so far I'd say that it's a distinct possibility that Bhaern's prediction for the last book is accurate. Though here's another possibility to wrap your brains around for a second.
Hallistra, now the Lady Penitent, was Eilistraee's chosen one right? This theory is pretty unfounded, I know but let's ponder for a moment the possibility that, should our Lady fall, and Hallistra's small fragment of good shines through she might be to The Lady as Danifae was to Lloth and revive her by some means.

Much as that prospect bother me, I have to admit it's an interesting thought. Course I have very little room to give input since I haven't actually read Sacrifice of the Widow yet, but still you have to think about all the possibilities.
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I begining to think, that the books will be much less interesting or surprising, then we would think off. I mean that in our search for possible solutions, endings and reasoults of the events to come, or the events themselves, we could get every possible ending. All stated here. Hence reading it would not be much of a surprise now would it? My guess is, it will not be sublime. In any way.
lil_alanie
Maid
Maid

Post by lil_alanie »

I just picked up [i:3tltj8a2]Sacrifice of the Widow[/i:3tltj8a2]. There's quite an interesting exchange between Lolth and Eilistraee over a game of [i:3tltj8a2]sava[/i:3tltj8a2]. Selvetarm and Vhaeraun make appearances as well.

I haven't read any of [i:3tltj8a2]The War of the Spider Queen[/i:3tltj8a2] series yet, so I don't know how many characters from those books are appearing in this one. But, as of this post I've read 44 pages, and so far I'm enjoying it.
DarkSongKnight
Maid
Maid

Post by DarkSongKnight »

Yay! The cover art for [i:1xdtbefx]Storm of the Dead[/i:1xdtbefx] is viewable!

She has Eilistraee's holy symbol, a hunting horn, and appears to be singing, repelling the undead around her.
Ha! The power of clerics! ;)
Last edited by DarkSongKnight on Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Interesting. Very. Wonder who that banshee was?
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

You'll love Sacrifice. Stop gossiping at go read it, then gossip about what you read. Your not gettin any smarter on the forums ! :)
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Yes but the price of the book is to me more or less 374 pages of copied handouts, books and other neccesary stuff to pass my exams...
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

Pfft, its the price of a meal at Mcdonalds.
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Either you have cheap books, or expensive meals. 3 meals = one book here babe.
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

Must be cheap books, because paperbacks here are $6-7.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Argoth":pxng6dbj]Interesting. Very. Wonder who that banshee was?[/quote:pxng6dbj]

Kiaransalee