double sword question

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

sunhawk88
Maid
Maid

double sword question

Post by sunhawk88 »

can you use weapon finesse with a double sword
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Dual wielding blades is the favored weapon style amongst most drow (as far as I've read) so I'd say that it's not impossible. And in the real world their are a miriad or styles devoted to this form of fighting, though usually the 'off-hand' weapon has a shorter blade that your main one.

Unless you're talking about one of those weapons that has a blade on both ends of the hilt, in which case I don't know.
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
sunhawk88
Maid
Maid

Post by sunhawk88 »

yeah sorry i meant the one with the sword on both sides of the hilt, because i have a ranger/barbarian drow and he uses 2 shortswords and i kinda wanna upgrade
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote:1z32n7ag]Weapon Finesse [General]
Prerequisite

Base attack bonus +1.
Benefit

With a light weapon, rapier, whip, or spiked chain made for a creature of your size category, you may use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls. If you carry a shield, its armor check penalty applies to your attack rolls. [/quote:1z32n7ag]

A double sword is not a light weapon.

Also as a practicle matter rather hard to even carry about let alone use.

If you want to upgrade I would not advise a two handed weapon.
sunhawk88
Maid
Maid

Post by sunhawk88 »

thank you very very much i couldn't find my PHB :D
sunhawk88
Maid
Maid

Post by sunhawk88 »

any ideas? i can't afford anything enchanted. right now i have two admantine short swords and i have some oh so shiny mithral chainmail :D
but i have enough money for weapon of a different material if i so choose