Random mumblings

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CrankyOzzie
Regular

Random mumblings

Post by CrankyOzzie »

So I've been doing a bit of work a small local christian radio station, even though I, myself, am not a christian. It's part of the government's Work For The Dole scheme. Placing unemployed people in businesses for 6 months, working 2 days a week. Anyway, the manager of the station told me on my second day there that I had a good voice for radio. My voice is rather deep -- unfortunately, due to sinus issues, it comes out with a bit of a nasal twang, if ya know what I mean? So, looks like I'll finally do something about said issues. Getting back on track... I recorded a few adverts for their (soon to be opened) real estate business. That was something different. And the manger wants to see if Wesley -- that's the employment agency that's handling my WFTD case -- will pay to do a radio announcer's course... thing.

About NwN2. I doubt I'll have my new computer any time soon. Soon, as in, not within the next nine months -- assuming I don't get full-time work, or can talk my mum into going halves in it. Anywhat, going on what I have read about the game, and the issues people have been having with it, I'm starting to lean more towards NOT buying it. Maybe I'll get it from EB games? Since they have a 7 day return policy, I can buy it, try it, and if I don't like it, return it within 7 days and swap it for another game of the same price, or lower price. But that's quite a while away yet.

Going back to the radio station. The manager seems to have a fair few contacts among local businesses, so maybe he'll be able to help me out with finding a job. I really want to work again, but it's rather hard to get work when you're resume shows you've been unemployed as long as I have.

I've gone back to Talus, though I said I never would. I guess, in the end, it's not THAT bad. At least people do SOME RP there, unlike the other server I recently left, where it was, to put it bluntly, fucking or fighting. Even if it was just sitting around chatting, it tended to lead to the bedroom or battleground. Right, where was I? Oh yes. I've started up a group game, to be played every week with the same group of players and characters. The motivation was that, given I'm the only aussie on the server, finding people to actually RP or adventure with is rather difficult. So I figured I would do something about it, instead of just whining. I'm back to doing some DM events again, which is good. I like doing them, except when players run around like headless chickens. That annoys me. I damaged one player for grave robbing on my last quest. Afterwards he asked why, so I told him, 'You were robbing graves'. his response was 'Check the alignment' (He's evil-aligned). I said 'The dead don't care what your alignment is when you rob their graves.' I'm planning on setting up a series of quests for low levels. I prefer low levels, it's easier to challenge them, than epic characters. Epics are a case of.. things are either too easy, or too tough. Very hard to find the right balance.

I set up al lthe player vendors with red roses in their hands for Valentine's day, and even got one selling JUST flowers. Cupid will be making random appearances tomorrow (It's the 14th here now, or was).

Rade has finally reached level 36, after a bit more two years of playing her. Just 2 more levels until she can't advance any further. The whole ECL thing, ya know. She's still as fun to play now as she was way back then. Certainly, she's matured a lot. Still a cheeky bitch though, and still flirts a fair bit. She's taken on a life of her own. Sometimes I wonder who's in control. I've notified the DMs o nthe serve that if they want to send Drow after her, given her large role in thwarting the attempted invasion a while back, they are welcome to. I'll see what happens, I guess. Will certainly add to the excitement.

Oh, I finished reading Daughter of The Drow a few days ago. It was ok. I like Elaine Cunningham's style better than R.A. Salvatore's, from the little I have read of their books so far. I'm re-reading the Belgariad, for about the 7th time in 2 years.I really need to buy new books. Pity they're so expensive. Most paperbacks cost $20 or more. Sometimes I hate living in a country that's so isolated from the major countries.

Well ,as you can see, I don't really write that much here, but when I do, I tend to just spew everything out all at once. OK, my brain is slowly shutting down. It's been a long day for me, so time for this little black duck to go to bed.

*Gives out affections* Wow, I must be tired. The only time I'm like that is when I'm tired, or drunk.
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Ok, do you have FAR too much time on your hands, or were you just bored?
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Hehe, you're worse than me when I can't sleep...

I may have to check out this Talus sometime...
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

All of the above, Tyrmer. What do I win?

Sure, Velve. It's not set in FR, or even any other of the D&D settings though. Still, for lack of background information, pantheon, etc, people tend to play it like it is, sort of. Worshipping FR gods and the like.. You only need CEP2.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Congratulations, you win the internet...
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Sees no problem with servers that only fuc* and fight..spends all her time in a server that only fu*** and fights..and maybe rps a little on the side..
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I think I may be encountering similar difficulties with servers, with the acception that I play L2. Anyway, my friends are starting one theirselves, but it takes very long.

I've never written a post anywhere near as long as you did. I'm impressed. O maybe it's becouse I never try? Time for a drink. Cheers!
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=indigo:2ac7te7l]Well, that's Argoth for ya, tight lipped and sparing words. :p [/color:2ac7te7l]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Quite ironic me happens to be a bard, wouldn't you agree?
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Tyrmer":3sme966j]Congratulations, you win the internet...[/quote:3sme966j]
Do you want that gift-wrapped or in a plastic carry bag?

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":o3tuloii][quote="Tyrmer":o3tuloii]Congratulations, you win the internet...[/quote:o3tuloii]
Do you want that gift-wrapped or in a plastic carry bag?

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:o3tuloii]

Both, please, it's a long walk from the main street to my house!

Anyway, things have been quiet here for a while. I've been involved in a turbulent legal battle between myself and a promiscuio.. promiscui.. frisky Elisitraeen Cleric from Silverymoon. I swear, the child's not mine!
Oh, wait, that was a dream I had last night.. anyway. on to real details.
I've been doing a month-long, 5 day-a-week course to get the necessary thingies to become a storeman, and get my forklift licence. Not my dream job, but if it gets me work.... We finish this week, thank the goddess.
And in late breaking news! My computer now has a massive 1.8Ghz processor! Woohoo! Fanfare and trumpets! Tickertape parade! and all that crap. What happened was, my old processor finally kicked the bucket, bit the bullet, took a dirt nap, died., After about 4 and a half years of slaving away at a hot heatsink. So that cost me $120 to get fixed.

I also finally cleaned my room! Woohoo! Another tickertape parade!
But, over the past 4 or 5 days, I: Broke the power adaptor for my phone; dropped my DVD writer on my foot; knocked a clock off the kitchen sideboard; and got sick for about 3 days. I'm also all but broke now for another 2 weeks.

In better news, my parents are going away to Vanuatu for a week, starting this weekend. Party at my place! BYOB*

So that is all the irrelevant, useless, and uneccessary information about me so far. Stay tuned for me irrelevant crap, whnever I feel like it.

P.S. Velve, if you decide to check the place out, my login is Orophin Minyatur. You can check server status and all that by visiting the web site at worldotalus.com <- Not spam!

*BYOB = Bring Your Own Beer (or Booze)