Anime based campaign?

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

How do find the idea of anime based D&D (or any RPG system) campaign?

Great idea! I was having problems with good ideas.
20%
As long as it's interesting, works for me.
60%
I don't know. Maybe? Would have to give it a try.
No votes
You're an idiot.
20%

Total votes: 5

Argoth
Demigod

Anime based campaign?

Post by Argoth »

Well I was watching Record of Lodoss War and started to make up a campaign based on the 13 OVAs or whatever-you-call-it. Then I started to watch another 26 or so episodes of a tv series. Well in short I stoped on ep 19 and desided I don't wanna know. It sucked. Anyway, how do you like the idea? Do know any anime you find suitable? I'm a great fan of the Warhammer like game. You can do anything, but think about what you are doing. Anyone?
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

a) There's already a ruleset for it

b) This isn't the right site to ask on
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

General Discussion allows for discussion of many things, few would be off topic here.

d20 Aimine, bare bones can be found here: http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/animesrd.html
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I've always found Lodoss to be a very D&D-type anime seting, so that would work fairly well.

Still, the question might be what do you hope o get out of it by making it an [i:2mr8c6dg]anime[/i:2mr8c6dg] setting? Since anime is mainly a drawing style and I'm assuming that you mean a text-base campaign I fail to completely see the point in making it anime.

Anyway, other settings that might work (thta sring to mind as I'm sure there's many more suitable) include Escaflowne, Twelve Kingdoms (a series I've quite enjoyed, but probably not that well known), maybe some based on traditional Japan (Kenshin or such).. meh, run out of ideas faster than I thought (ad I don't want to look all over the Inernet on this laptop over a dialup connection). Maybe I'll think up a few more when I get back home.

No anime with drow though as far as I know even Lodoss doesn'reall have dark elves as such; the're more grey elves).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I'd say they're brown, but men are said to be natural daltonists. Anyway I meant anything, that would giva an idea for campaign (plots and such) some ideas. Moreover it would much easier to describe anything should the DM have actually seen it (the picture for instance). Thanx anyway.
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

I once ran a campaign based loosly on the Anime adaptation of Berserk and well... :devil: for those of you who know Berserk you know that the ending didn't exactly go over real well with my PCs. :devil:
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire
Vendrin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vendrin »

[quote="Alak Xiltyn":3b8f6hc7]I once ran a campaign based loosly on the Anime adaptation of Berserk and well... :devil: for those of you who know Berserk you know that the ending didn't exactly go over real well with my PCs. :devil:[/quote:3b8f6hc7]

That amuses me to no end.
"What does God want? Does God want goodness or the choice of goodness? Is a man who chooses evil perhaps in some way better than a man who has good imposed upon him?"
Shando
Regular

Post by Shando »

As you can tell from my avatar, I loved Lodoss quite abit(that, and well the other images didn't tickle my fancy :P) so I would be all for a campaign setting based on the anime.

As long as it works, it's a-ok with me!
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

[quote="Vendrin":hahtlc40]That amuses me to no end.[/quote:hahtlc40]

as it did me, my players? not so much.
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire