Do you plan on playing on a persistent world in NWN2?

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Joseph Silver
Maid
Maid

Do you plan on playing on a persistent world in NWN2?

Post by Joseph Silver »

Hello, my name is Joseph Silver, and I'm new here.

Do you plan on playing on a persistent world? Do you guys have your own persistent world?

I almost always play as a human, but if I play as a drow, I will most likely be a fighter guarding a scantily-clad priestess of Eilistraee. :D
Ceistant
Maid
Maid

Post by Ceistant »

I've actually been really interested in find one or two of these that I like. Something with a community that has a PnP feel, but with scaled down MMO freedom of movement.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Welcome.

As of know there is not a persistent world for the Chosen, however one is under develpment.

It should be noted that not all members currently play on any server.
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

Only in ours, because i'm pretty sure no one will have to justify themselves to arrogant DM's with heads the size of the goodyear blimp.

I can't wait for my game to work right, and our server to go up.
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

I will probably play on two. The first one being that under development by the people here, the second being a pure powergaming server, which I shall choose later.

I like both aspects of gaming, the in-depth character development that comes from a server like that which is intended for the city being made by the people here, and just pure smackdown on the foe type of play, like a power game server
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Just about all my time will likely go into developing Lisse Linath (our own little PW) and any moment that I can spend online playing I’ll want to spend in there. So I’m fairly certain that I won’t be playing on any other PWs much (which is a bit of a shame, since I’m sure there’ll be a number of really good ones out there).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

I haven't played the server under dovelopment here, aso I can't say I will play a lot. But once the player base for nwn (the first) in Edon (An australian based server I am almost always on), creates a worl for nwn2, I will almost certainly play there. I will also almost certainly play ALFA on nwn2 (I'm pretty sure one is in the making, anyway).
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

I will be playing on ALFA's NWN2 PW, and any that this site makes. I love Eilistraee (even if I do play a Lolthian quiet well ;) :devil: )
crow
Maid
Maid

Post by crow »

How far along is the server in developement ? will we have to wait long to use it ? :)
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

I may play on one or two, once the one the fine chosen are setting up comes online I will likely be playing solely on that one.

In the mean time if anyone is looking for a game send me a PM I'll get you my IM info, however I'll be without Internet for roughly the next week and a half, after that I should have more free time.
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="crow":3mnnp1py]How far along is the server in developement ? will we have to wait long to use it ? :)[/quote:3mnnp1py]
While a lot of the design has been done and things have been started on several levels we really only just begun development. So it'll likely take a long while before we even have a first alpha-version or something running (I'm guessing that it'll be months; and that also depends on when/if Obsidian comes with a Linux server).

I need more people to help build this thing. :/

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Vendrin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vendrin »

"What does God want? Does God want goodness or the choice of goodness? Is a man who chooses evil perhaps in some way better than a man who has good imposed upon him?"