NWN2 Discussion

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

NWN2 Discussion

Post by Nedylene »

[i:3bnpnvds][Shir'le Edit] This was originally in response to the [url=viewtopic.php?t=390:3bnpnvds]NWN2 Server Recommendations[/url:3bnpnvds] thread.[/i:3bnpnvds]

good a thread where I can b!&%$.. I just bought nwn2 and my key code isnt working..anyoneknow what I can do about it?...never mind..finally got it too accept after putting the same thingin 30 times....
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:10n9abes]*snicker, snicker* How about we get something like this for NWN game?[/color:10n9abes]
Last edited by Unen_Stealthfoot on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":330t3lh8][color=darkred:330t3lh8]*snicker, snicker* How about we get something like this for NWN2 game? (later when Ned isn't the only one who has it. Besides Shirle, of course. ;) )[/color:330t3lh8][/quote:330t3lh8]
Read the title of the thread again... very carefully. Methinks you might've missed a character. :p

Bah, still two more days waiting for me. :squint:

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Must gloat and brag...opening scenematics...awesome! Am playing a drow and am accepted as a drow ( aka some folks in town hate me) awesome! game has only froze up once so far, so so far so good..btw drow do not have to be evil, I am a neutral follower of eilistraee in the game...I wont give any spoilers of course, but if I see any problems as Im going along i may mention them later..but dont load the new mod somebody made for the game for character testing..it doesnt work..
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

[quote="Nedylene":y3513miw]opening scenematics...awesome![/quote:y3513miw]
At least that one [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOH-tLPDwyg:y3513miw]I've seen[/url:y3513miw]. ;)

For the rest... I'm jealous (well, ok, maybe not [i:y3513miw]that[/i:y3513miw] much... I've been playing with the toolset for several months now :tear: ).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

I couldn't get my toolset to work *Pouts like a foolish child* :(
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

[quote="Velve":3u2e7cpa]I couldn't get my toolset to work *Pouts like a foolish child* :([/quote:3u2e7cpa]
How's that?

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Btw..I saw a glitch so darned hillarous i had to mention it..semi spoiler ahead..I have two npcs..ones a dwarf the other is a tiefling...on the tieflings character information screen the pic of the male dwarf is up instead of the female tiefling..
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

Spent the last two sold days playing NWN 2 two different characters, my Classic Drow Pally and a Drow Warlock.

I am extremly saddened that when you play as a Paladin or Monk it throws out the WHOLE Drow pantheon even though there are Chaotic Good Dieties to choose from.

Slight Spoiler and glitch:

Also if you help Slaan out DO NOT select the option that lets you roam around as Slaan will remain in the party and cannot be spoken to and you will be unable to meet his Cheiften.
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

[quote="Alak Xiltyn":1u8tw08v]I am extremly saddened that when you play as a Paladin or Monk it throws out the WHOLE Drow pantheon even though there are Chaotic Good Dieties to choose from.[/quote:1u8tw08v]
Well, technically speaking Eilistraee doesn’t accept LG followers (anymore, she did in AD&D 2[sup:1u8tw08v]nd[/sup:1u8tw08v] ed.).

But luckily enough it’s easy enough to change.

Go to your NWN2 game install folder and in that into your data folder. Open 2da.zip and extract the file “nwn2_deities.2da” from it. Open the file in a text editor (or, better yet, in Excel if you’ve got it) and look for the following line:

[code:1u8tw08v]13 Eilistraee **** 0 182409 ig_dr_eilistraee 0 3 15 4 5 6 7 **** **** **** 1 2 2 1 1 2 1 1 1 2 2 0 1 0 0 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****[/code:1u8tw08v]
(Ooh, number 13; lucky number. :D )

This line determines who and what can worship Eilistraee, including various columns for races, for alignments and for classes. For example, to allow LG as an alignment as well (as the only change) change the line to the following:

[code:1u8tw08v]13 Eilistraee **** 0 182409 ig_dr_eilistraee 0 3 15 4 5 6 7 **** **** **** 2 2 2 1 1 2 1 1 1 2 2 0 1 0 0 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****[/code:1u8tw08v]
This still doesn’t allow paladins (since that’s a divine spellcasting class) but at least a LG monk should be able to choose her as a deity.

Personally I’d change the line to the following:

[code:1u8tw08v]13 Eilistraee **** 0 182409 ig_dr_eilistraee 1 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** 2 2 2 1 1 2 1 1 1 2 2 0 1 0 1 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****[/code:1u8tw08v]
That line allows all races (instead of just elves and half-elves) to select Eilistraee, enables LG as an alignment (next to NG, CG and CN) and also enables rangers to select the deity (whomever disabled rangers obviously doesn’t have a clue about the goddess :p ). However druids and paladins still are disabled.

If you want to enable every class then change it to the following:

[code:1u8tw08v]13 Eilistraee **** 0 182409 ig_dr_eilistraee 1 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** 2 2 2 1 1 2 1 1 1 2 2 1 1 1 1 **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****[/code:1u8tw08v]
The only restriction there is in the alignments; everything else is open.

Finally save the file and copy the modified file into your override directory. Start the game and you should be able to select Eilistraee with a few more characters. :)

Note that I haven’t tested any of this yet (I hope to pick up my copy of the game today), but I’m fairly certain that this works as advertised. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Vendrin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vendrin »

Game is interesting so far, but I really dislike the adopted parent cop out, and the fact by the time that you leave your village you are level 3 or 4.

Also, game is buggy and rushed, though the community should iron out the problems.. But unfortunately it's what I've come to expect from Obsidian when Atari act like greedy bastards and force the game out early.

Oh. and no portraits, I hate having no portraits.
"What does God want? Does God want goodness or the choice of goodness? Is a man who chooses evil perhaps in some way better than a man who has good imposed upon him?"
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

No portraits :uh-huh:

How is that possible... they need portraits. :(
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

I'm going to wait until the beginning of the year before I buy and install the game (if I have my comp upgraded by then) It's not worth it to me to buy a piece of vith (which NWN2 is right now) I'll get it when there are some decent fixes for the bloody screw ups that I've heard about.
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":1oif71dk]
Well, technically speaking Eilistraee doesn’t accept LG followers (anymore, she did in AD&D 2[sup:1oif71dk]nd[/sup:1oif71dk] ed.).

But luckily enough it’s easy enough to change.[/quote:1oif71dk]

Shir'le I could kiss you. I've spent a fair amount of time trying to track down that file, I must've over looked it about a dozen times.

I've played a bit with some friends now and while I have no server recommendations just yet I have discovered that in the right group the Warlock class is obscenely good, I'd say over powered if it weren't for the fact that it still gets wrecked pretty badly if not properly protected.
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Split off the posts from the [url=viewtopic.php?t=390:28qn2srk]NWN2 Server Recommendations[/url:28qn2srk] thread discussing NWN2. Did this so we can keep that thread fresh with only server recommendations.

Carry on. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee