NWN?

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

I have had a much more enjoyable time with the half-dragondrowvampiricbarstool than the typical RP server.

Social, yeah, it can be adult, but in essence, its more like 'Do whatever you want, its not offlimits, and we wont bail you out if someone else's char doesn't like it and you wind up dealing with the problem.' Yeah, most are high level, or lvl 1 who arent' there for combat .. but I got tired of the combat 4 years ago.

I prefer it to people who think they are doing you a favor by even speaking to you, and are better than you because they never use conjunctions, or something.

On a side note, one that has always stayed up, and still has some innovative scripts I love, is Sfliges. Nowadays its always empty, but always up, too. If a small group of us want somewhere nice to just hang out and RP, that'd be my choice. Where else can you have food delivered [i:r16nc4rv]too you.[/i:r16nc4rv] :D

Would anyone be up to meet there tonight? I'm honestly dying to meet some of you ingame with as little hassle as possible.
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Eh, well, normally I'd say yes. But I uninstalled nwn a week or so ago.
I might be convinced to reinstall it though. I've gone back to Diablo 2 pretty much full time now, I play with a great group of people who really are there to have fun, and not fin teh leet itamz!!

Anyway, right now, I'm watching the first LoTR movie again. about the 5th time now ;p
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

Please do, this will never work if half of us waffle, precious few enough still know where NwN is.

Come on everyone, lets get outta the Forums and take a lil venture into the game were about ! :D
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

sounds good to me Jhael...I just need to know where to go..as I said this whole thing is rather confusing.
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

Its in Social, named Sfliges, but the IP is 82.100.194.242. And all you need is the two expansions, and CEPv2.

Just tell me what time is good, and i'll be there.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

shoot..we dont have the cep.. we had it on our other computer and it jacked it up...is anyone else having problems with it?
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

No .. but if you haven't used version 2 of it, its worth a try.
If it is the one that jacked it up, Mianyr, my other haunt, doesnt' use it, has its own special haks
[url=http://s6.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Mianyr:3qaij0mc]here.[/url:3qaij0mc]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Yes it was version two that messed up our puter..we downloaded one for a couple of days and it worked alright then we did the second one and now we can no longer play any of the mods off the computer we loaded it on. Our premium mods work but the downloaded mods are gone. My guy wont let me try it again on this puter, and believe me I got some downloaded mods on here I wont risk losing. But I would still love to play sometime. So basically I just go to this Mianyr and download it, and then we meet at the site sometime and play. Yes , yes , I have never done this before and am a total newby at the whole mmorpg thing.
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Seems to me like the mods you are referring to needed an older version of CEP. Bioware mods don't use CEP. Came up with an error when you tried to load the community mods saying "cannot find *****.hak"?

Simple to solve, download both versions of CEP. You'll need to anyway, if the modules were using older versions.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="CrankyOzzie":3b2o35bh]Seems to me like the mods you are referring to needed an older version of CEP. Bioware mods don't use CEP. Came up with an error when you tried to load the community mods saying "cannot find *****.hak"?

Simple to solve, download both versions of CEP. You'll need to anyway, if the modules were using older versions.[/quote:3b2o35bh]
I thought CEP was backwards compatible?

Anyway, Mianyr should work fine and there's always a fair number of people around. Still requires a fair amount to download though. Just one of those hurdles to get over (with [i:3b2o35bh]any[/i:3b2o35bh] server).

If you need any help or are having problems connecting or anything let us know and we'll do our best to help. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":3nmaujpb][quote="CrankyOzzie":3nmaujpb]Seems to me like the mods you are referring to needed an older version of CEP. Bioware mods don't use CEP. Came up with an error when you tried to load the community mods saying "cannot find *****.hak"?

Simple to solve, download both versions of CEP. You'll need to anyway, if the modules were using older versions.[/quote:3nmaujpb]
I thought CEP was backwards compatible?

Anyway, Mianyr should work fine and there's always a fair number of people around. Still requires a fair amount to download though. Just one of those hurdles to get over (with [i:3nmaujpb]any[/i:3nmaujpb] server).

If you need any help or are having problems connecting or anything let us know and we'll do our best to help. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:3nmaujpb]

Uuuuh.. yes, you're right. I must have been thinking of the toolset, with mods made after updating to a later version of nwn NOT being backwards comptable. I blame it on the fact I haven't slept all night :p
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

ok..this is what happened with the cep file..hopefully you guys can help..we downloaded the first cep file..worked fine, dowloaded the second and then all the community mods said we were missing custom talk tables.although we had downloaded everything.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Did you put the talk table (the tlk file) in the right directory?

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

yep...