Lineage 2

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Did You ever hear of L2 before?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 11

Argoth
Demigod

Lineage 2

Post by Argoth »

I'm starting this one becouse I'm interested in how many people know of L2. It's a game, played on the net. It looks lovely. It's a game not to be played alone, only with friends. It's safer then, and it's much more more more fun. Here's a link to the homepage: http://www.lineage2.com/
And this is where I play at the time beeing:
http://www.l2enraged.com/
Should anyone want to play on this on, give me pm, or anything.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Daggone it..do you have to remind me of all the awesome games im missing out on because of my stupid dial up connection?
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

Never did get into L2, as a matter of fact I don't personally know anyone who has played it, most of my friends play [url=http://www.ragnarokonline.com:319rlsqq]RO[/url:319rlsqq] and then WoW, although I've become thoroughly burned out on both.
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

I agree with Nedylene. Must ou contantly remind us of the awesome gamesnot all of us can play.

But yes, I have heard of Lineage 2 AND IT BEATS THE HELLS OUT OF WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!!
:3
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Sory about that. To chear You up I'll say I don't play it anymore becouse my computer's buged and my connection won't allow it. So we're even. <or whatever You spel it> :)
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I tried Lineage 2 a (long) while ago (I think it was at the end of its beta). I tried both a normal elf and a dark elf as I recall. But it was one of those MMO games I couldn't really play for more than a week. It just seemed to be combat, combat and more combat.

Of course, I'm rather over my whole MMO phase and would much rather play single-player and small-group multiplayer games. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Well that's one way of looking at it. Like I said, when You play with Your friends it's much more fun. At first it can look like it's all about combat. In some way it is. But it also depends on the attitude of the players. Some servers are "high rate" wich means, that in half an hour You can get Your character to a level that normally would take You two years of playing. But there are some, like this guy I know, he bought a serv. and modyfied the game stats and graphics to make it more like D&D. And that will be a game, where the first place is for "climat playing". No sensless fighting, no races, who gets better the fastest, just good D&D. But it still won't be better than a good old D&D paper game with some friends and lots of beer... :)
Vendrin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vendrin »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":3tcixkz6]I tried Lineage 2 a (long) while ago (I think it was at the end of its beta). I tried both a normal elf and a dark elf as I recall. But it was one of those MMO games I couldn't really play for more than a week. [/quote:3tcixkz6]

Compared to the MMOs you ran through in like a month, eh? ;)
"What does God want? Does God want goodness or the choice of goodness? Is a man who chooses evil perhaps in some way better than a man who has good imposed upon him?"
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

[quote="Vendrin":237yl36e]Compared to the MMOs you ran through in like a month, eh? ;)[/quote:237yl36e]
Shaddap yoos! :p

Played SWG and FFXI for several months each and CoH for nearly a year. Though overall you're right in that MMOs generally just seem so pointless and repetitive to me.

Meh.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Vendrin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vendrin »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":11vrx0v1][quote="Vendrin":11vrx0v1]Compared to the MMOs you ran through in like a month, eh? ;)[/quote:11vrx0v1]
Shaddap yoos! :p

Played SWG and FFXI for several months each and CoH for nearly a year. Though overall you're right in that MMOs generally just seem so pointless and repetitive to me.[/quote:11vrx0v1]

Aye, the grind can get to you. Which is why I am playing EVE online now, where the grind is optional and you can do anything you want.
"What does God want? Does God want goodness or the choice of goodness? Is a man who chooses evil perhaps in some way better than a man who has good imposed upon him?"
Shando
Regular

Post by Shando »

I have heard about this game, and it does look quite good! I think MMO's are fun, but the whole grinding thing just to get to a high enough level to kill more creatures doesn't appeal to me that much :P

And it is especially bad when you have to keep replinishing your ammo so you can grind more <.< Damn WoW Hunter class...I waste more money on food for my pet and arrows then I do to actually buy better equipment. Still fun though.

The game does look good, but I am not gonna go running out to buy it anytime soon, especially since most of my friends do no play PC games.
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

[quote="Shando":1dqeq3za]especially since most of my friends do not play PC games.[/quote:1dqeq3za]

*Gasp* Blasphemy!

Okay so that was overly harsh but if I hadn't have said it I think I would have exploded and drowned the world in cynicism.

Grinding does ware on you, on WoW I hit 60 and canceled my account 2 weeks later, I was so burnt out that I couldn't play anything but the most high paced games for the better part of a month.
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:1w2ssrkv]Ummm... grinding means killing a lot of puny monsters to build xp, right? 'Couse I always do a lot of that (makes my pcs into epics, Mwaahaaahaaa!)[/color:1w2ssrkv]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I suppose so. I almost never do that. It's far to boring. On the other hand, I always do it, when my friends are loged in the game. That's really funny sometimes. And you can chat a little during the fight...
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

[quote="Argoth":3eqpl3dv]And you can chat a little during the fight...[/quote:3eqpl3dv]
That sounds [i:3eqpl3dv]soooo[/i:3eqpl3dv] backwards to me. :p

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee