General wellness check

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Irennan
Champion

General wellness check

Post by Irennan »

Hi people, just wanting to check how you're doing during this outbreak.

I'll try to post some stuff in this thread as often as I can, just to signal that I'm still here. Hope you can do the same.

Take care, and may Eilistraee's light embrace you and wash away all the sordidness.
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

Re: General wellness check

Post by Leema Har'gachi »

Irennan wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:04 pm Hi people, just wanting to check how you're doing during this outbreak.

I'll try to post some stuff in this thread as often as I can, just to signal that I'm still here. Hope you can do the same.

Take care, and may Eilistraee's light embrace you and wash away all the sordidness.
Awww, that is so nice of you Irennan. :) I'm doing ok, one the good things about living in missouri is everything is so far spaced between everything that we don't have many cases here. So not only am I still in good health, but those of us in missouri should be relatively safe provide you avoid interstate travel and major cities. Hopefully the rest of Eilistraee's Chosen are in good health too, but in case any of you are in any of the states hit heavily by this try to careful and may the Lady Silverhair protect you.
CODENAME:Leema
Class:Variant Illusionist Favored Soul {gestalt}
Race:Shadow Drow
Height:5'8"
Weight:158 Ib.
Hair:Yellowish
Eyes:Purple(pinwheel)
Skin:Pitch-black(surrounded by Shadowy Purple Aura)
Deity:Eilistraee
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

I am in Italy, and things here got really bad, really fast. Having seen this, I was worried about the other people here. Glad to hear that you're unlikely to be hit heqavily by Covid19, but stay safe nonetheless. This crap managed to reach even Iceland...
Shae
Maid
Maid

Post by Shae »

I'm in CA, so we count as one of the hard hit ones Stateside, I suppose. We're in the middle of a two week shutdown to try to "flatten the curve," so we're all at home at this point. People try to stay home if/when they can and when they have to go out, masks are de rigour if you can get them and at least keeping 3-6 feet from others if you can't. Lots of hand washing going on. My family's living off a couple of boxes of masks I bought before this all started so I haven't actually tried to buy any since (my mother keeps randomly exclaiming 'how lucky' every time she puts one on, which I find quite amusing despite the miserable circumstances). It's been relatively calm and quiet overall though, except for the supermarkets; those are a bit bonkers these days.
Well known path to Chang'an resembles yiqi.
Hundred years of life cannot bear the grief.

--Du Fu
Shae
Maid
Maid

Post by Shae »

Update: I couldn't edit my other post so I just added a new one (and then I had to delete and edit this one again since I don't want to be hyperbolic and imply things are somehow worse then they actually are.) Our governor issued a blanket 'shelter in place' order on top of the shutdown, so they are closing more businesses and so on. It's nowhere near an actual lock-down like other countries have or have had and they aren't really implementing any proposed penalties yet though. They are simply trying to have us voluntarily limit our movements more than the previous shutdown already has and just seeing how it goes, I think.
Well known path to Chang'an resembles yiqi.
Hundred years of life cannot bear the grief.

--Du Fu
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Glad to hear from you too, Shae.

From my experience here, I think that an actual lockdown is needed, as early as possible. People always seem to believe that this disease won't spread in their region. They don't understand how the math of an epidemic works. By the time you're registering N cases, chances are the *actual* number of cases is about one *order of magnitude* above that--it's just that the hidden cases have yet to "bloom", but they're already infective at that stage. It's why testing as many people as possible is VITAL, and why immediate lockdown is vital too.

For an easy, if *EXTREMELY RAW*, estimate of the number of cases for this particular virus, multiply the number of deaths (not cases) in a given area by 533.

Other countries don't have just China to learn from, they have Italy too. They have seen how quickly and how dramatically the situation has devolved here, they should act accordingly.

Take care, much love to you all.

@Shir'le @Baern, if you can drop a line here, It'll be a relief.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Hi I am here watching the spammers you do not see.

I am well. I also am classified "at risk" to this danger. That because had pneumonia last year.

It will take weeks if not months for things to even start to return to a normal.

May Blessings of good Health be on you all.
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Bhaern Quel wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:33 am Hi I am here watching the spammers you do not see.

I am well. I also am classified "at risk" to this danger. That because had pneumonia last year.

It will take weeks if not months for things to even start to return to a normal.

I'm at risk too, because I've been suffering from type 1 diabetes since I was 4. So is my father; perhaps even my mother.

Has your country started to quarantine people?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Irennan wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:27 pm
Bhaern Quel wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:33 am Hi I am here watching the spammers you do not see.

I'm at risk too, because I've been suffering from type 1 diabetes since I was 4. So is my father; perhaps even my mother.

Has your country started to quarantine people?
Travelers yes are subjected to that rule, if not isolation for 14 days.

Be well.
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Still nothing from Shir'le. @Bhaern do you have any means of checking on her?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Irennan wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:45 am Still nothing from Shir'le. @Bhaern do you have any means of checking on her?
I have one means and have used it. I hope all is well. Shir'le has been away for over a month for vacations in the past and it is possible she is on one now a little longer.

Right now I do not know any more.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Sorry all. Yes I am here and I am well. My company switched us all to working from home before the UK went into official lockdown. That threw my usual routine out of whack and I simply completely forgot to check on the site with everything going on (on my work PC I've got a series of tabs I go through every day and the forum is one of them).

Thanks to Bhaern for pinging my email (if people want to get into direct contact with me, always feel free to email me at shirle@eilistraee.com). I will do better in the future.

But yes, working from home for over a month now. Which to be honest I'm kind of enjoying. At least it means that I don't lose 2.5 hours a day to commuting. Getting groceries is the main difficulty. Normally I have them delivered, but the online supermarkets are completely booked and it's a struggle to get a free slot (did get one for last Saturday so now my freezer and fridge are completely packed top-to-bottom). Also got a small-ish grocery store 15 minutes away that usually still has most of the things I need. So I'll be fine there, just a little more inconvenient than usual. Highlighting that not to complain, but to show how minor my difficulties really are. :)

My family is fine too. The main person I worry about is my dad who has long-related health issues. If he gets it then there's a good chance he won't survive it. But my parents, living on their mountaintop in northern France, are taking the isolation quite seriously (France in general is stricter than the UK about their lockdown). They've got a large garden and a large house and as such don't really feel locked up. Most interesting tidbit, my parents run a bed-and-breakfast and they had (two) people there when France's lockdown hit... who are still there as they're not allowed to leave. ;) They seem to be getting along quite well.

So everything is fine with me and mine. And I'm glad to hear that you are all well too. And again my apologies for not checking in sooner.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

Post by Leema Har'gachi »

Shir'le E. Illios wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:12 am Sorry all. Yes I am here and I am well. My company switched us all to working from home before the UK went into official lockdown. That threw my usual routine out of whack and I simply completely forgot to check on the site with everything going on (on my work PC I've got a series of tabs I go through every day and the forum is one of them).

Thanks to Bhaern for pinging my email (if people want to get into direct contact with me, always feel free to email me at shirle@eilistraee.com). I will do better in the future.

But yes, working from home for over a month now. Which to be honest I'm kind of enjoying. At least it means that I don't lose 2.5 hours a day to commuting. Getting groceries is the main difficulty. Normally I have them delivered, but the online supermarkets are completely booked and it's a struggle to get a free slot (did get one for last Saturday so now my freezer and fridge are completely packed top-to-bottom). Also got a small-ish grocery store 15 minutes away that usually still has most of the things I need. So I'll be fine there, just a little more inconvenient than usual. Highlighting that not to complain, but to show how minor my difficulties really are. :)

My family is fine too. The main person I worry about is my dad who has long-related health issues. If he gets it then there's a good chance he won't survive it. But my parents, living on their mountaintop in northern France, are taking the isolation quite seriously (France in general is stricter than the UK about their lockdown). They've got a large garden and a large house and as such don't really feel locked up. Most interesting tidbit, my parents run a bed-and-breakfast and they had (two) people there when France's lockdown hit... who are still there as they're not allowed to leave. ;) They seem to be getting along quite well.

So everything is fine with me and mine. And I'm glad to hear that you are all well too. And again my apologies for not checking in sooner.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
I am glad to hear you are doing well, Lady High priestess. It is good to hear that you are having a bit of fun with working at home (I kind of trapped in my dorm myself trying to keep up with my now online college school work and am usually feeling the need for social activity myself). I'd imagine it is difficult grocery shopping every where now (especially for toliet paper, seriously every store except wal-mart was out here and they only had a few packages left) it pretty ridiculous. Hopefully everything with you and your family stays good, just try to not work yourself ragged.
CODENAME:Leema
Class:Variant Illusionist Favored Soul {gestalt}
Race:Shadow Drow
Height:5'8"
Weight:158 Ib.
Hair:Yellowish
Eyes:Purple(pinwheel)
Skin:Pitch-black(surrounded by Shadowy Purple Aura)
Deity:Eilistraee
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

I'm relieved to hear it's all ok; I was starting to get worried, heh. It can happen to become absorbed in (or, well, thrown off by) a new routine, so don't worry. The important thing is that you're doing well.

This quarantine brought an interesting change in perspective, to be honest, in how a lot of what we were told was impossible, actually is possible, and it's much better. Working at home surely helps to ease the pressure that most people feel every day.
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Bhaern Quel wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:37 am
I have one means and have used it.
Thank you!