Jarlaxle

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Jarlaxle's Alignment

LG
No votes
NG
No votes
CG
8%
LN
No votes
(T)N
No votes
CN
67%
LE
4%
NE
17%
CE
4%

Total votes: 24

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Rooky":3uiknwt8]Lord of the Rings beats them all. But the elves-are-a-bit-gay cliche is soo visible in the prancing blond dolt with the arrows.[/quote:3uiknwt8]
To be fair, I think Tolkien kinda invented that particular cliché. ;)

As for Jarlaxle; different people have different tastes and views on things. Personally I like him [i:3uiknwt8]because[/i:3uiknwt8] he's quite different from the standard drow stereotype, yet still fits within it.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Vendrin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vendrin »

[quote="Jubilee":1w0jj84c]It changed into a Diatryma, if thats how you spell it, looks something like a mutated ostrich.

Besides, he's a swashbuckler, and essentially a pirate in demeanor, the look fits ! Not everyone can have the long flowing white locks and manly outfits of your beloved Drizzt, Vendrin. ;)[/quote:1w0jj84c]

Drizzt is a puke who deserves to get his ass handed to him. He was decent the first few books, but now he has had zero character development for like the past ten.

As for the avatar, yea it looks good. Doesn't mean my ranger is anything like Drizzt. He's CN for one, and has no problem with the ends justifying the means when it comes to extermination of his enemies.

As for swashbucklers, Captain Jack Sparrow is my idea of a swashbuckler. A red hat on a drow is just silly.
"What does God want? Does God want goodness or the choice of goodness? Is a man who chooses evil perhaps in some way better than a man who has good imposed upon him?"
Rixxen Bladedleaf
Maid
Maid

Post by Rixxen Bladedleaf »

I'd have to disagree with you on that Vendrin, it just means he has his own style.

As for his alginment I'd have to say CN, no only for him but most of his forces as well. I see Jaraxle as the start of a fourth drow socity, should he settle down and think about it, but that may be just me. As for following Loith, I don't see it at all, in fact I think that he would probally kill off the spider queens followers if he got the chance.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:3i7f9qbd]I could have sworn that in one of the books, at least it states that Jarlaxle's [i:3i7f9qbd]bolero[/i:3i7f9qbd] hat is black. In fact, I'm positive that it says so in Servant of the Shard.[/color:3i7f9qbd]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":a8prd939][color=darkred:a8prd939]I could have sworn that in one of the books, at least it states that Jarlaxle's [i:a8prd939]bolero[/i:a8prd939] hat is black. In fact, I'm positive that it says so in Servant of the Shard.[/color:a8prd939][/quote:a8prd939]
Maybe he just has several hats. After all, only cartoon characters and characters created by uncreative writers wear the same clothes all the time. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Xaraphim
Maid
Maid

Post by Xaraphim »

I personally think Jalraxle is a NE follower of Vhaeraun. He's a male Patron of a drow House (even one not quite sanctioned by the orthodox Lolthites). He seems bent on his survival and his alone, though he's careful and very conservative. He won't spend an underlings life just to amuse himself, as they're too valuable as tools for his own endless plots.

As for trying to make Entreri good? Well, even evils would like to deal with goodly folk, after all, doo-gooders tend to be generous, honest, and easy to dupe.

All in all, Jarlaxle is a superb manipulator, and his actions don't seem to match his thoughts, at such a time as we catch a glimpse of them. Oh, he revels in his ability to move others like pawns, but he is nowhere near as carefree as he would seem; that's just a mask he wears to fool others into overlooking him.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:210ah5sj]I checked and I'm quite positive that J's hat is black, however, his famous [i:210ah5sj]eye patch[/i:210ah5sj] is ruby-red.[/color:210ah5sj]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Jarlaxle_PotWK.JPG

Looks black to me, although in the comic adaptation of Exile his hat is red.
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Well I'd never gues that is J. Not from that picture.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:2x1wix8s]I've seen that picture on the cover of [i:2x1wix8s]Promise of the Witch King[/i:2x1wix8s], but I think that that picture makes him look like some kind of weakling half-orc. Does that skin look black to you? Do those eyes (or eye rather) look red to you? Does that face look elven to you?[/color:2x1wix8s]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

That's why I've said I'd never recognize him. That was just some poor mixup of elvish and orcish... That skin color is far from what I've thought about drow the first time I read Homeland.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:dv900zom]He looks like those skinny orcs in the LOTR movies. He's even got the same expression on his face and the books say he's always smiling. And calling his rivals "My abbil".[/color:dv900zom] :D [color=darkred:dv900zom]Yeah, right, as if.[/color:dv900zom]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

You've got that right. There's nothing more eloquent than a stupid ork. And J. on that one looks like one.
crow
Maid
Maid

Post by crow »

Jarlaxle ???? absolute personification of a CN rouge. he revelles in the Chaos that surrounds the House wars,and makes a fat profit of both sides in the process. Good????? naaaa
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[quote="crow":bks64bdm]Jarlaxle ???? absolute personification of a CN rouge. he revelles in the Chaos that surrounds the House wars,and makes a fat profit of both sides in the process. Good????? naaaa[/quote:bks64bdm]

[color=darkred:bks64bdm]Ahh... But he is always trying to convert Artemis to goodness, and he helps the Drizzit whenever he can. Also, I have never heard of him killing an innocent, alt least not when he can absolutely help it. Everyone he kills "has it coming", as it were.[/color:bks64bdm]
Life before death
Strength before weakness