Would you enjoy a low-to-mid level campaign?

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Absolutely - I find that the most enjoyable level range
31%
I would - Though I prefer a high-to-epic level campaign
31%
Probably not - Only high-to-epic level will do for me
No votes
Depends - All level ranges seem equally enjoyable to me
38%

Total votes: 13

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Whith [url=viewtopic.php?p=4385#4385:gev3phob]this discussion[/url:gev3phob] I was wondering. Would you enjoy a low-to-mid level campaign?

Here I define “low level” as about levels one through six, mid level as about levels seven through thirteen, high level as about level fourteen through twenty and epic level everything above that.

I’m just curious. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Fun. A constant reminder that a kobold can jump you from the back, and kill you from a single hit from it's spear can make you make a new character is quite fun acctually.

(I still preffer epic levels. Beating the Hells out of gods is fun :angel: )
:3
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

I love 'em. As people have surely noticed, I love making new characters. I am almost always concidering a good story for a new one. Of course I just as much lovbe seeing them through their lives too, but the low lvl challenge is always great. It get boring when you can tickle a dragon and it drops dead on you... :D
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

I enjoy every level of campaign. At this moment I'm playing level 4, 8, 10 and 19.

As long as the story's interesting I enjoy on every level
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

The lower level ones are infinitely easier to do, as an high to epic level game is difficult to manage and create complelling story for, otherwise it winds up being the same thing with gods instead of kobolds.

That and all the abilities and such you have by then make every turn a headache of die.
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:4kf4xvex]But the more die the harder it is to die ;) . I mean, if your a rouge, (I think anyway) and you succeed in your reflex save at high level, you don't take half dmg, you take NO dmg. Even if you fail the save, you still only get half dmg. and against crit. hits you're allowed saves, and everthing. And epic druids can shift into most forms at will, without "per day" limits. And of course, there are the epic lvl spells like dragon knight, and epic warding, and my favorite offensive, HELLBALL! :devil: [/color:4kf4xvex]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Rixxen Bladedleaf
Maid
Maid

Post by Rixxen Bladedleaf »

Levels 4-12 seem to be the funest for me, but as long as the story is good and the game is going, I have fun.
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

I have only played in low to mid level games. I have never had a epic level PC, so I answered to what my experiance says. I love the story and experiances the character goes thru more than getting levels, even though getting levels is a nice feeling.

That's why I enjoyed my ALFA NWN PC, Inthara so much. Playing her was like living thru her. When I played her, I WAS her.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Wow, you really miss her...

was I just sympathetic? What is happening to me?![/size:tjihrvve]
:3
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Awww, how quaint. The doggy is being tamed. :devil:
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:3diw5y53]*Pats Rooky's head*[/color:3diw5y53]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":1mxwxi8b][color=darkred:1mxwxi8b]And of course, there are the epic lvl spells like dragon knight, and epic warding, and my favorite offensive, HELLBALL! :devil: [/color:1mxwxi8b][/quote:1mxwxi8b]

Oh, no, please don't tell my charaters about Hellball... One of them just had an experience with that and wasn't pretty
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

I would say wish is my favorite .. its like a psychochic pms'ing, no idea what you'll get. :devil:
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[color=darkred:2ovwqn1l]Last time I cast Ltd. Wish in BGII, I wished for a horde to overrun my enemies, and I got a horde of killer........... BUNNIES!!!!! :D [/color:2ovwqn1l]
Last edited by Unen_Stealthfoot on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

BUNNIES!

well, I remember once I forced another player's character to jump across the woods like a bunny and when he stopped I started pokeing him with my sword, lol...

That was my character Lilac in a P&P session, for the ones that remember her.