[MEMBERS DISCUSSION] Positions on the forum

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Unen_Stealthfoot":12zenn3e][color=darkred:12zenn3e]*repeats question* Any requirements for staff positions?[/color:12zenn3e][/quote:12zenn3e]

Well this was discussed some on the other side. In short the answer is it depends on which position one might be applying for.

Something like Master/Mistress of Drow is far easier to achieve then taking over something like Keeper of the Scrolls.

The first position basically requires stating an interest, offer a description of how one views the job, duties of a M of Drow would tend to provide Drow lore, answer questions about Drow I would think.

A Keeper of the Scrolls would tend to require all the above, but also includes admin position (given the ability to edit, delete, perhaps even recongiger the boards) that is only something that the High Priestess can grant based on her descrection.

I do not believe that any position is currently open, but perhaps soon the lessor ones (non admin ones) might become open for aplication and a vote. The admin ones I suspect will be offered on a private base to those that the High Priestess deems worthy.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:1y3oz95m]ok. Thanx.[/color:1y3oz95m]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Bhaern has it about right, but allow me to explain the tasks (again) in a bit more detail.

The “Keeper of Scrolls” is something which, at the moment, only I can do. The position is responsible for accepting new members, update increases in rank, keep track of activity (yes, I know I haven’t done this at all yet) and manage the website. The first of those could potentially be done by someone else now that I’ve set this up to work through the forums (basically make one head of a couple of member groups), but the website requires ftp-access which I’m not giving out at this time (I’ve also got personal stuff and other things unrelated to the Chosen on there). Though I could split the two up obviously.

The “Path in Moonlight” is basically the forum admin. This I could give to someone else (though likely I’d make an additional admin position and stay admin myself). I’m also considering moving the website admin part into this task. At the moment I’m filling this position as well.

Vendrin is currently, technically, “Silver Song Herald” though I’ve got the feeling he hasn’t really done much in this position. The task is public relations, advertising (making people aware that we’re here) and just establishing a presence for us beyond our own little corner of the web.

The idea of the “Starlit Hunter” is to organize online games and such and the position is currently open. But we’ve tried a few times in the past to organize NWN game session which tended to be less than a success (the games themselves were great, but usually there were only two or three people and scheduling tended to be a nightmare). I’ve got some further ideas for this position in the future though, which might even mean that we’d get several versions of this position that people could fill.

For the Master/Mistress tasks I have something very specific in mind. If I find a bit of time today I’ll see if I can launch that today (as well as other ways for people to contribute and help out). Basically the point of these is to each represent one specific aspect of the Lady.

Also know that I’m considering changing some of the position names. For instance I’m considering changing the title “Starlit Hunter” into something like “Dancer in Moonlight” (and yes, I’ve got a specific reason for that) and since we would then have two “…in Moonlight” titles I’ll probably change “Path in Moonlight” to “Starlit Path” or something.

You might not see it, but there’s a lot going on behind the scenes (including what The Architect has been hinting at). There’s a lot happening in the future of the Chosen. And a [i:1v05lasi]lot[/i:1v05lasi] people will be able to help out with.

And I know the goddess smiles on it all. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Rixxen Bladedleaf
Maid
Maid

Post by Rixxen Bladedleaf »

Good. Hopefuly it will be done and through by the time NWN 2 comes out. :D
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Rixxen Bladedleaf":1uh5i59l]Good. Hopefuly it will be done and through by the time NWN 2 comes out. :D[/quote:1uh5i59l]
So do I... but I can't get there alone. I need help with this.

[EDIT] The whole [url=viewtopic.php?t=307:1uh5i59l]Temple of Eilistraee is Looking for Scribes[/url:1uh5i59l] topic is what I was talking about; partially at least.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":qcqtdjcr]

You might not see it, but there’s a lot going on behind the scenes (including what The Architect has been hinting at). There’s a lot happening in the future of the Chosen. And a [i:qcqtdjcr]lot[/i:qcqtdjcr] people will be able to help out with.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:qcqtdjcr]

[color=darkred:qcqtdjcr]I don't know... that Architect guy... it's like I can't understand a word he's saying... it's almost like he's speaking in code...[/color:qcqtdjcr] ;)
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Lance
Maid
Maid

Post by Lance »

As far as I know most positions are vacant since Shir'le and Vendrin probably are the only ones to have them in the first place. I remember that Maerlyn is the master of swords but I don't know if he's active anymore. Ho-hum, to the point.

I am sure most of us (me at least) will help out if it is at all possible. I'll PM about the temple of Eilistraee.

Nice to see things moving again, wonderful actually.

Cheers
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

*Puts hand in the air*

Yup, someone has taken up the mantle of Master of Dances, also the sub mantle of "helper". Oh yes and Stan is Assistant Master of Dances on probation. Any complaints?
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

:uh-huh: [color=darkred:1uappfky] Uhhh... that was fast. Did you pull a fast one, Tyrm? Or was it Stan? ;) [/color:1uappfky]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Of course not, I merely applied when no one else did. Plus I helped out with a little flavour text writing.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D