Snow!

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Snow!

Post by Alaric Darkrose »

I really wish I could transfer pictures from my cell phone right now. We have over a foot of snow (30 cm) and it's still falling. At this rate, I might end up missing an entire week of college.

Now I'm off to peg my brother in the face with a snow ball.
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Re: Snow!

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Lucky you. Have fun in the snow. Be careful if you have to travel. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Thank you for the concern, but I'm not travelling in this weather. My car's still equipped for sunny Florida, not snowy Washington. I'll have to get that fixed. I have had fun, but since most of the roads are closed, there's only so much you can do at home before you get stir crazy. Plus my brother's sick, so no snowball fights.

The good news is that I've managed to make a lot of progress with Saints Row 3 and Dragon Age. No one calls me "knife ears" and gets away with it. *shield bash random thug*
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.

Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Update: Just glad that I live outside of the Seattle/Olympia metroplex areas. Three major counties here lost power, and it's less than freezing temperature-wise.

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

It sounds a little disturbing after learning that recently there was snow in Africa, in place which is supposed to be hottest geographic desert.
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

[quote="Rainbow Prism":kwmy5efi]It sounds a little disturbing after learning that recently there was snow in Africa, in place which is supposed to be hottest geographic desert.[/quote:kwmy5efi]
Which desert was it?

And it's not impossible to get snow in a desert area. I was in northern Iraq when it got snow for the first time in over 60 years. I know it was winter, but I never expected that.

Rainbow Prism
Regular

Post by Rainbow Prism »

I heard it was in Sahara. Weird. And disturbing.
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

[quote="Rainbow Prism":1gtmhyx7]I heard it was in Sahara. Weird. And disturbing.[/quote:1gtmhyx7]
Agreed. That's the last place I'd expect that. At any rate, it's all over now. I go back to school tomorrow.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

[quote="Alaric Darkrose":3469gmv1]I really wish I could transfer pictures from my cell phone right now. We have over a foot of snow (30 cm) and it's still falling. At this rate, I might end up missing an entire week of college.

Now I'm off to peg my brother in the face with a snow ball.[/quote:3469gmv1]

not fair i want the snow!!! send it to me! (and yes FL does get a snow once in a while. we got some '89, '93, and the latest 2010)

its been a warmer than usual winter, and the US is suffering from snow droughts this year
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

[quote="Inriiaynrae Jaelre":2j42agud][quote="Alaric Darkrose":2j42agud]I really wish I could transfer pictures from my cell phone right now. We have over a foot of snow (30 cm) and it's still falling. At this rate, I might end up missing an entire week of college.

Now I'm off to peg my brother in the face with a snow ball.[/quote:2j42agud]

not fair i want the snow!!! send it to me! (and yes FL does get a snow once in a while. we got some '89, '93, and the latest 2010)

its been a warmer than usual winter, and the US is suffering from snow droughts this year[/quote:2j42agud]

Too late. It's pretty much all melted. And yes, I remember what little snow happened in 2010. I lived near Pensacola at the time.

Rizzen
Maid
Maid

Post by Rizzen »

I have heard legends of this "snow" that you speak of. Tales abound of both its horrors and its joys. Stuff that can cover whole mountains. Surely such legends cannot be true!

;)