A cryptic note

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

*Yawn*

L, I, S, S, E, L, I, N, A, T and H are all in capitals, I noticed this before but I thought you were just a crummy typist. :D

Now someone just has to work out what they mean. Still no idea about the right aligned text. You see it is actually quite hard to break something you have no idea what it is about.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

Is everyone here hooked on phonics or something all of a sudden? Like the Matrix version of it?
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
The Architect
of your future

Post by The Architect »

[quote="Tyrmer":etxk90dx]L, I, S, S, E, L, I, N, A, T and H are all in capitals, I noticed this before but I thought you were just a crummy typist. :D[/quote:etxk90dx]
very good. and I might be a crummy typist, but most things are quite deliberate.

[quote="Tyrmer":etxk90dx]Still no idea about the right aligned text. You see it is actually quite hard to break something you have no idea what it is about.[/quote:etxk90dx]
well, that depends on how you read it. ;)

i'll post part two soon.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Well after some fussing around it turns into "water deep one point reference" but that still doesn't mean anything. Though as this is a Faerun setting it could be "waterdeep" instead of "water deep."

For those who can't work it out I reversed it then moved the spaces around. I thought it was reversed before beause of the word "retaw" which was obviously water backwards and couldn't be a coincidence, nothing else reversed nicely though so I gave up.
Titles:

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Hmm, maybe the words aren't reversed? Could be "Reference point one: Waterdeep" (or "deep water") or something.

But that still doesn't really seem to mean anything. So maybe it's a silly idea. :/

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

*Sabaal grins and only Eilistraee knows why... you'll find out this afternoon*
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

[quote="The Architect":3941nrj2][center:3941nrj2][img:3941nrj2]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6671/code23ha.gif[/img:3941nrj2][/center:3941nrj2][/quote:3941nrj2]

Hummm... either I got it wrong or you're a little devil and encripted a second code inside this first one

[center:3941nrj2]:devil:[/center:3941nrj2]
Shayera
Maid
Maid

Post by Shayera »

:uh-huh:

Perhaps the signature is another clue?

X X X X X X X X - T H E - X X T X X E - X X - T H E - X X X T

The two X before the second "the" could be "OF" or "TO" - but i fear my english isn't good enough for this sort riddles... :?

*pulls out o bottle of whiskey*

"What? I really paid for this stuff... this time at least." ;)
Not to try is to admit defeat!

It was curiousity that killed the cat - anonymous
But it got nine lives! - Shayera
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Hmm I suppose it could be that way round Shirle. Sabaal I thought about that but the red dots show a random collection of letters, and I can't be bothered to sort ANOTHER cipher. Shayera the same applies, I tried his signature puzzle but I couldn;t be bothered with that either. :D What can I say? I'm just really lazy.
Titles:

Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

I don't think the colours have something to do with it. That code's quite simple, actually, but in this case, if what it says is exactly what I found, it has no sense... I think it does have another code encripted inside and I'm trying to break it. Tonight I have some work to do at home but if I get some free time I'll give it another try.

Then again, maybe I'm wrong and I just got it wrong.

Anybody tell me if so, please.
Shayera
Maid
Maid

Post by Shayera »

The problem with most riddles is that they are easy if you know the answer.

*sigh*

Maybe i'm just too impatient for this stuff... ;)
Not to try is to admit defeat!

It was curiousity that killed the cat - anonymous
But it got nine lives! - Shayera
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Oh come now Shay, what about that "Not to try is to admit defeat!". ;)

Anyway, seems we're slowly making at least some progress. I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this eventually. :)

Oh, and looking at Shay's partial translation those three symbols kind of look like T H E.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

[color=darkslateblue:t0zyh7n3]..... ....- .---- ..... ...-- / ..--- .---- .---- ..... ..--- ..... / ..... ..--- ..--- .---- ---.. / -.... ----. / ..... ---.. ..--- ----- / .---- ----. ----. ---.. ..--- ----- / ..... .---- ....- .---- .---- .---- ..... .---- ---.. ..--- / ..--- .---- .---- ..... ..--- ..... / ....- .---- ..... .---- ---.. / .---- ....- ..... ---.. ..--- ----- / ...-- ..--- ----- ..--- ---.. ..--- ..... ..--- ----- ..--- ----- .---- ---.. ..--- ..... ----.

...-- / ..--- ----- / ..--- / ---.. / ..--- ..... / ..--- ----- / ..--- ----- / .---- ---.. / ..--- -.... / ----.[/color:t0zyh7n3]

;)
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

[quote="Merinid Tlin'orzza":yrnku3ii][color=darkslateblue:yrnku3ii]..... ....- .---- ..... ...-- / ..--- .---- .---- ..... ..--- ..... / ..... ..--- ..--- .---- ---.. / -.... ----. / ..... ---.. ..--- ----- / .---- ----. ----. ---.. ..--- ----- / ..... .---- ....- .---- .---- .---- ..... .---- ---.. ..--- / ..--- .---- .---- ..... ..--- ..... / ....- .---- ..... .---- ---.. / .---- ....- ..... ---.. ..--- ----- / ...-- ..--- ----- ..--- ---.. ..--- ..... ..--- ----- ..--- ----- .---- ---.. ..--- ..... ----.

...-- / ..--- ----- / ..--- / ---.. / ..--- ..... / ..--- ----- / ..--- ----- / .---- ---.. / ..--- -.... / ----.[/color:yrnku3ii]

;)[/quote:yrnku3ii]

Damn you!
:3
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

[quote="Merinid Tlin'orzza":33dg10ll][color=darkslateblue:33dg10ll]..... ....- .---- ..... ...-- / ..--- .---- .---- ..... ..--- ..... / ..... ..--- ..--- .---- ---.. / -.... ----. / ..... ---.. ..--- ----- / .---- ----. ----. ---.. ..--- ----- / ..... .---- ....- .---- .---- .---- ..... .---- ---.. ..--- / ..--- .---- .---- ..... ..--- ..... / ....- .---- ..... .---- ---.. / .---- ....- ..... ---.. ..--- ----- / ...-- ..--- ----- ..--- ---.. ..--- ..... ..--- ----- ..--- ----- .---- ---.. ..--- ..... ----.

...-- / ..--- ----- / ..--- / ---.. / ..--- ..... / ..--- ----- / ..--- ----- / .---- ---.. / ..--- -.... / ----.[/color:33dg10ll]

;)[/quote:33dg10ll]

Morse code?

But these are all numbers. It says

54153/211525/52218/69/5820/199820/5141115182/211525/41518/145820/3202825202018259

3/20/2/8/25/20/20/18/26/9

If anybody can translate this to words I'd be thankfull. I'm still trying to find out what that other code means and have no time.