Menzoberranzan: City of Intrigue

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Irennan
Champion

Re: Menzoberranzan: City of Intrigue

Post by Irennan »

When Mystryl sacrificed, she immedialtely reincarnated and merged with a mortal, she wasn't replaced. Current, reborn Mystra still preseves the identity of all her previous incarnations, according to Ed. I would be cool with Eilistraee merging with a mortal drow and going on from there, but I wouldn't like at all her identity being lost, it's a beautiful one.
Last edited by Irennan on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Dostrealt
Maid
Maid

Post by Dostrealt »

[quote="Irennan":15kzm2zw]When Mystryl sacrificed, she immedialtely reincarnated and merged with a mortal, she wasn't replaced. Current, reborn Mystra still preseves the identity of all her previous incarnations, according to Ed. I would be cool with Eilistraee merging with a mortal drow and going on from there, but I wouldn't like at all her identity being lost.[/quote:15kzm2zw]

Maybe they might do that merger with a mortal thing. It would certainly allow them to explain why she seemed to vanish but was able to return.

I think they have had other gods hide inside different gods in the past. (Was it Bane that did this?)
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Bane with Xvim, Mystryl with Mystra, Mystra with a bear, Helm with a goat, Bhaal with his spawn.

But anything that returns Eilistraee will do for me at this point.
Dostrealt
Maid
Maid

Post by Dostrealt »

[quote="Irennan":bs0cfui9]Bane with Xvim, Mystryl with Mystra, Mystra with a bear, Helm with a goat, Bhaal with his spawn.

But anything that returns Eilistraee will do for me at this point.[/quote:bs0cfui9]

A goat? :eek: :?

Well, if a god can return to life via a goat, [i:bs0cfui9]anything[/i:bs0cfui9] can happen. :roll: ;)
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Don't underestimate goats. [i:3w54mttb]<nods>[/i:3w54mttb]

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Kaote Bruchedaine
Maid
Maid

Post by Kaote Bruchedaine »

I tried reading through this entire thread but i just kind of gave up around the 3rd or 4th page with the conclusion that the while situation is basically this;

WotC: We made new Drow content that will inspire the future!

Eilistraee Fan: Alright, great! Where is Eilistraee these days?

WotC: Doesn't matter, Made new Drow content!

Eilistraee Fan: But what about Eil--

WotC: SHUT UP AND LIKE OUR CONTENT!

It's been a few months since this thread went the way of a zombie. Has anything new come to light to disprove my above evaluation?
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Yes, but nothing really official, mainly some really encouraging words/hints from Ed and Chris Perkins (their world building leader), basically saying that Eilistraee is back and that we gotta wait to see her in sourcebooks.

[quote:2gzjbv6x]Recently, I've sent a letter to Christopher Perkins (WotC lead world builder and D&D creative manager), talking about Eilistraee's role in the Realms and why I feel that she is an integral, even iconic, part of the setting. The answer I received was very encouraging.

[quote:2gzjbv6x][...]Our thinking has changed somewhat with 5E. We would rather embrace the complexities of FR than oversimplify it. The Sundering (as told in recent novels) will enable us to restore all of the "lost" gods of the FR pantheon, including Eilistraee. I don't know the extent to which she'll feature in upcoming stories, but in our minds she is very much alive. I hope this news allays some of your concerns.[/quote:2gzjbv6x]

There is another part of that e-mail, concerning the exact reason why they decided to remove Eilistraee for 4e, however I am not sure how he would feel about sharing it. So -until I receive word from him- I won't (but many people have already guessed it). Nonetheless, this -together with what Ed said about the Dark Maiden- is pretty awesome news.[/quote:2gzjbv6x]

This is from Ed
[quote:2gzjbv6x]Hi, Tommaso. You're very welcome!
Yes, Eilistraee is part of the "home" Realms campaign and has appeared "onstage" and by dream-vision and manifestation in Realmsplay. At the writing of (the first) DROW OF THE UNDERDARK, I was asked to create a deity for "good" drow for the game, and used the opportunity to make official the Dark Dancer female drow goddess I'd already created for my own use.
And, oh yes: Eilistraee lives!
:}
Ed
[/quote:2gzjbv6x]

However, after they edited out (and for no apparent reason) the lore that had already been written (complete with art and maps) in order to return Eilistraee and Vhaeraun with this book, I'm still hesitant to believe anything they say untill I see it. Atm, the whole 5e-FR are still very vague, and WotC has no plans or definite ideas about what to do with them. There are only promises floating around, their saying that everything will be awesome, that stuff returned, that the ''feel'' was restored and so on, but no concrete lore (in the form of documents or a FRCS or a general update on the status of the Realms), so...

Nonetheless, despite all of this, there is reason to hope that Eilistraee will be treated how she deserves.
Faediira
Maid
Maid

Post by Faediira »

In my characters timeline i allowed her family and their allies to continue worshipping the Dark Lady. Even though they had originally lost all their spells at first...someone Eilistraee was allied with took up the slack and continued to grant her followers their spells. I decided to leave the actual identity of the god(dess) a mystery due to it being more fun that way. I did however decide against having it be Corellon due to the fact he did nothing in the beginning to stop the dark disaster from happening in the first place or to protect those elves it was killing. And secondly he's still the same putz he's always been. He lifted the curse on the drow which was unnecessary...the Eilistraeens were doing just fine without him. A change in skin color doesn't make up for the fact that he cursed them in the first place why because Avauraushne had him so wrapped around her finger he didn't see how power hungry she had gotten (wow talk about wearing rose colored glasses) and involves their children. Mother of the year award goes to...the evil one turned into an ugly spider critter. Eilistraee has always impressed me with her great compassion for the dark elves so much so that she chose to share in the curse with them. I don't know many people in this world that would do that for another human being that would sacrfice so much to restore the elven race...oh wait yea I know one. hee hee.
May the light of Eilistraee shine brightly in the face of evil!