Duelist or Weapons Master

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Duelist or Weapons Master?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:09 am

Duelist
100%
Weapons Master
No votes

Total votes: 3

Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=teal:1tg8196c]I was trying to decide on which prestige class to take, since holy liberator isn't available at the time being. I know which one I would pick between the two, but U was hoping for a bit of outside input. Few have seen my work in fighting posts, and I'm not saying that I'm a wizz at it, but those who have would be able to help me with this quite easily. What I'm really asking is for anyone that has either been in the Arena with me, or someone that has viewed my posts in there to help me along, since I can't figure out which I should be.[/color:1tg8196c]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

From what Ive read in your arena posts you seem more like a duelist to me... :D
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Aye. Duelist is more you....
:3
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[color=indigo:29yaf6ld] Duelist [/color:29yaf6ld]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Weapons Master or Duelist

[color=teal:2xce2lkn]What does every one think I'm too incompitent to be a weapons master? LoL, just kidding, and thank you for the input.[/color:2xce2lkn]
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

We dont think you suck hon, you'd just make a better Prancing Fop than Sword weilding badass .. that's all. ;)
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

[color=teal:1vqvajzq]OK, I see how it is now, pitty me for being a dancing fop and not a sword weilding bad ass, although I think you may change your minds in the future.[/color:1vqvajzq] :D
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

As far as it goes you , in play, have favored the sword as oposed to other weapoms. A Weapon Master should be skilled in many weapons, not just a blade.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

[color=teal:otdmeyiz]Ah, but I haven't had a chance to loose my swords yet and have to rely on any thing else.[/color:otdmeyiz]
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

Actually, you have that backwards .. a Weapons Master picks a single weapon (IE Longsword, Mace, anything but Unarmed) and specializes in that to the point it isn't a tool, but an extension of her.

They get a great deal in the way of damage dealing, and are obviously geared towards the armored warrior who can take punishment. A finesse fighter would be a walking target dummy.

A Duelist gets much more in the way of AC bonuses and otherwise ways to fight lightly armored and mobile, while still getting some good hits in with a quick blade.

So joking aside you could be either one, its merely a matter of what You want. So what if your Drow Weapons Master has to skirt back and heal a bit more than some Duelist, at least you like every moment you play with him.
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":35yknejr]As far as it goes you , in play, have favored the sword as oposed to other weapoms. A Weapon Master should be skilled in many weapons, not just a blade.[/quote:35yknejr]

[color=darkred:35yknejr]I have to agree with Jhael here. If you read the NWN class description of [i:35yknejr]Weapon master[/i:35yknejr] the class definitely gravitates toward one weapon. I think Baern is thinking of a [i:35yknejr]Weapon[u:35yknejr]s[/u:35yknejr] Master[/i:35yknejr]. BTW, I think duelist.[/color:35yknejr]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination