Drow skin texture part 2 (more nudity inside)

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Which of these drow skin textures looks better?

The skin in image A looks best
No votes
The skin in image B looks best
83%
They both look equally good
11%
They both look equally bad
6%

Total votes: 18

Aessinus
Maid
Maid

Post by Aessinus »

M'Lady, I have to agree with Ssin'. B2 is a truly great render. I eagerly await the model's completion.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

The problem with B2 is that it’s taken under very dark light conditions. I’ve only got a single light in that render and that light is nearly off.

But I think I’ve gotten to a point where I’m able to get the same effect with my modified A (the percentage pictures) under normal light. Those four picture have four light sources on and if I change that to just one (with normal strength) the result looks fairly similar to B2 (I’ll see if I can post something tonight).

And what I like of A is that the texture still has skin texture where B is completely smooth. Of course that’s probably just personal preference. And I’ve got both so I can still make both anyway. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[color=indigo:ng2yp3yc]What would happen if you changed the background color of black? Is that possible?
This is just my opinion but A's skin texture appears too grainy. Gernerally speaking, people of color usually have an even complexion and just a bit of natual sheen in skin tone pigment. Something close to your avatar, which I think is better than the others presented.[/color:ng2yp3yc] ;)
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Alright. I've put some hair on this one... and some clothes (awww), and put her into something other than the default pose and put an Oblivion screenshot behind her (first computer-generated forest I could find :p).

I don't know, I think it worked out quite decent...

[center:1emxm35r][img:1emxm35r]http://www.eilistraee.com/a/drow_forest01.jpg[/img:1emxm35r][/center:1emxm35r]

What do you think? :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Ameng Le'tener
Maid
Maid

Post by Ameng Le'tener »

[color=orange:gsklcypn]I like :D, the render and pose looks great and the skin tone and coloring is great. It looks a tad bit grainy on my laptop, but looks a lot better on my desktop monitor.

My only comment is that to me she appears to be floating on top of the grass as opposed to standing on it[/color:gsklcypn]
jameslt0
Maid
Maid

Post by jameslt0 »

I like it.

Dy'nereyn
Verlansia Arseaniamaen
Maid
Maid

Post by Verlansia Arseaniamaen »

:eek: [color=orange:1662gbw9]*Breathless*[/color:1662gbw9]
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

Very nice. :D I like it alot.
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Nice, Shir'le. As the other person pointed out - I'm too lazy to actually check who it was - but as they pointed out, it does look a bit "cut and paste" Still, it WAS only intended to give a general idea of how the skin tone looked with a 'normal' background, eh? Having said that... it does look very nice. I especially like the way the clothes look. The folds and the way it lays make it look real, not something that was painted over her, if that makes sense?
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Oh, I realize that she looks to be floating. I really just put the background there to have something other than basic black. There is no shadow on the ground and the direction of light on the model is also quite different from the direction of light in the scene (light on her comes from the front and also from the front-left while in the scene the light comes from the right).

And I think some of the grainy-ness comes from it being a low-quality (highly compressed) jpeg. I can see the compression artifacts particularly along the edges of her dress and along her arms and legs.

As for the clothes, I can’t really take much credit for that. I just used Poser’s cloth simulation. :tear: I did, however, make the material slightly more transparent than it was originally. I wanted to see the skin through it. :)

Anyway, I’m quite happy with how it turned out… particularly for a first try.

Hmmm, I just noticed on my work PC that there seem to be some odd streaks of red through her skin here and there. Strange, I don’t recall seeing that at home. :?

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Aessinus
Maid
Maid

Post by Aessinus »

:eek:
OMG - I just fell out of my desk chair!
Beautiful!
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

;) [color=indigo:1badv4c9]Agreed! As for the "floating" effect....some Drow[i:1badv4c9] can[/i:1badv4c9] levitate. :devil: [/color:1badv4c9]
Last edited by Ssin'urn Streea on Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Don't close your Eyes~

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

I tweaked the model a little. I got a comment that the yellow locks of hair looked a bit odd and that if I wanted it to be there on purpose I should give it a color like red or purple. So I did. Also I modified the hair texture a bit so that only the front hairs are colored.

And I saved it as a high quality jpeg instead of as a low quality one (which only makes the file 16K bigger... so I don't know why that wasn't the default to begin with :squint: ). That should take care of some grainy issues and should, I think, also take care of the red blotches in the skin I've been seeing at work.

Anyway, here she is again. :)

[center:38d1y9jm][img:38d1y9jm]http://www.eilistraee.com/a/drow_forest02.jpg[/img:38d1y9jm][/center:38d1y9jm]

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[color=indigo:18fryurg]I was wondering, Shir'le, did you do something different with her arms? Most of her body looks perfect, even against the forest background but there is something different about how her arms look. Could you place a thin blouse or something sheer to cover her arms just so we can see if that might help tone down the "cut and paste?"

Just my preference but, I liked the gold hair better. :D

Awww..I see the tip of her cute pointy ear sticking out of her hair. [/color:18fryurg] :))
~Don't close your Eyes~

Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Drow skin textures 2

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=teal:lxb70g97]It's a Keeper.[/color:lxb70g97]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.