Looking for some input for a Drow City I've built on..

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kanbyen
Maid
Maid

Looking for some input for a Drow City I've built on..

Post by Kanbyen »

I'm looking for some input on a Drow City I built in my NWN2 PW. I'm trying to get the setting right and I find myself at a loss of whom to ask. So I submit to you a brief story line and a link to some pictures on my webserver for critique and suggestions.

[b:wggxbdnh]Background: [/b:wggxbdnh] Plane of the Keepers. NWN server name Eye of the World.

Keepers -

Created a plane drawing on the suns solar winds to drive a complex energy to magic conversion used to fuel a zoological study of other species. (skipping details about this process)

Process overview:
They would find groups of creatures that were about to be wiped out by natural disasters via scrying and time travel and transport that whole culture to a holding area and replacing it with a facsimile down to the last body which was then destroyed leaving mundane looking wreckage if any was ever found.

#Skipping to the Drow portions, please excuse any grammar as I wrote much of this in a very plain text editor. #

Drow background:
Matriarch Dala Garial created an outpost on the edge of the undersea Volg Aru.

This sea region was to be the new port of entry to invade the deepgnome and duegar cities that were situated situated along the coast spanning a few hundred miles of curved underground lakes and rivers. After several failed attempts to invade from this new port, the drow managed peace with their new neighbors to help fight off a menace of dwarven and goblin incursions long the sides of its domain. After several centuries the city sprung up along the major food source of fungus grove. Between the fresh underdark sea and the fungus grove areas, this city expanded and became a fairly large enclave of drow before it was moved prior to a volcanic steam bath that killed all residence and buried 100's of miles of tunnels in steam foamed mud. This steam flooded in when the goblins attempting to mine along the sea opened a lava crack which caused an internal volcanic eruption directly into the water. This whole area was moved to the Keeper plane just prior to this their world believing this city was wiped out.

Currently:
This leaves 5 groups, drow, goblins, surface dwarfs, duegar, and deep gnomes viaing for control of the underground Sea areas with the most resources. The dwarfs have only just discovered these caves leading to the Dark Sea but they are ready to exploit any advantage and resource as they to are just waking up from the stasis.

Ak Nai' Dal is ruled by a strong Matriarch cleric that rules with an iron fist and claims lineage direct decent from the founding matriarch of House Dal.

Houses are Dal, Ak Nai, Ca' Mala, and Ula Mak Dal. These houses control and constantly in fight for control of the great temple of Ak Nai Dal and its garrison of powerful Drider Guard Converts and to please Lloth. Unknown to the other residence though Lloth has not responded to all requests of the high priest in a very long time. This is still a mystery that is coming to light now, these Drow are just waking up to the fact that magic has contained their lives for the last 10 centuries and are now starting to recognize the changes. The now know their previous kingdom no longer exists as they knew it. They continue but resources are scarce and items will have to be forged and worked here to create weapons and armor. More slaves will need to be captured to make up for the huge loss.

I haven't posted much of this since I'm still in alpha testing for some of the core scripts. I've built much of the city and surrounding areas. I'm about to populate portions and put some interiors with other things. I plan on guiding to the Antagonist of the whole thing, which are not the Keepers. Post that it will be PC driven outcomes, quests, events and such.

My website to see whats going on, lots of screen shots, just expand the articles to see all screens..

[url=http://www.bonzoli.com/drupal/:wggxbdnh]www.bonzoli.com/drupal/[/url:wggxbdnh]

Specific pictures, a bit light but I think you can see whats going on with them.
[url=http://www.bonzoli.com/drupal/node/19#a ... s:wggxbdnh]www.bonzoli.com/drupal/node/19#attachments[/url:wggxbdnh]

Any constructive input would be great, thanks in advance.

Kanbyen/Bonzoli