Just why DO the drow tend to have big boobs? [NSFW]

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Just why DO the drow tend to have big boobs? [NSFW]

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

More or less everyone here will be aware that unlike their typically waif-like surface cousins, Drow females tend to be depicted as being far more prominent in the mammary department. I was just struck by the realisation that this is never really explained.

So, what would necessitate the development of larger breasts in an underground race of elves?

I figure it's to do with ease of identification in a matriarchal society, like a male lion having a mane. Everyone can tell at a glance that she's one of the important ones, which could be somewhat difficult if they were really androgynous like their surface cousins. This could also explain the habit of putting said features on open display.

[/shamelessattemptatlegitimatementionofboobies][/size:1isrbmv1]
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Ra'sona

I draw you attention to this:

[img:r1cphbxf]http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs20/f/2007/ ... astich.gif[/img:r1cphbxf]

:D

and because those delicious drow ladies have such massive mammaries, I am therefore impelled to display this:

[img:r1cphbxf]http://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/images ... D4042m.jpg[/img:r1cphbxf]

but on a more serious note I quote this from the Guardian Newspaper:

[i:r1cphbxf]Someone once told me I was short-legged. I remember the incident well, on account of its oddness. A woman whom I had just met hollered across the room to inform me that my legs were short. Shorter, indeed, than she had expected.

What do you say to that? Why did she have expectations about my legs? My mind crowded with confusion, mild embarrassment, unanswerable questions. I was stumped, apparently literally.

But according to new scientific research – most likely unbeknownst to her – she was complimenting me on my masculinity indicators.

It's nice when science is on your side, when the vagaries of perception and personal preference can be put aside, and the scientific facts of the matter laid bare. Contrary to the impression so many of us were labouring under, scientists from Brunel University have revealed that physical attraction is all down to bodily symmetry. Oh yes, and big tits.

The thing here, though, is that big breasts are not held to be attractive merely because they are big breasts, but because they are powerful signifiers, evolved to advertise to potential mates a bodily symmetry that in the normal run of things would be imperceptible. As Dr William Brown, the lead researcher on the project, put it, "we found that shorter, slimmer females with long slender legs, a curvy figure and larger breasts are more attractive."

Now, it's hard to question the value of research when it is reported in this way. Certainly, from a PR point of view, if it gets around school corridors that scientific research can lead to a career deliberating which kind of breasts you find most attractive, take-up of science GCSEs will receive a considerable and well-deserved boost.

But for all the cleverness of the measuring machine employed in the experiments, uniquely accurate in its ability to measure irregular 3D forms, it seems legitimate to ask whether very much has been proved. The conceptions of gender offered, and redeployed as physiological norms, are neither novel nor permitting of anything like the requisite complexity.

Instead, such research tends to be interpreted as suggesting that aspects of our perceptual awareness – such as what and whom we find attractive, beautiful or sexy (not that these qualities should necessarily be conflated, which they often are) – are merely the chimerical clothes of processes which "in reality" are genetic and subconscious.

Norms of physical attractiveness vary enormously across culture and time. One indication of how complex our sense of physical attraction has become is that, among both men and women, norms of sexiness and beauty seem to have separated to an almost radical degree. Very few of the flat-chested, frighteningly elongated fashion models upon whom so much of the our culture's desires focus themselves seem at all promising from a reproductive point of view. As for the men, many of them look pretty much like the women. Meanwhile, at the 'glamour' end of the modelling trade, one regularly finds breasts paraded which seem to signify nourishment not so much for one's own potential offspring as for that of the local osteopath.

It is interesting that Stone Age representations of ideal femininity – or at least what are taken to be such – correspond in some ways to the norms identified in this latest research. Certainly the so-called Venus of Willendorf had big enough breasts. But if one searches for a paragon of womanly excellence among today's population, the only group to whom Frau Willendorf actually bares much resemblance are female weightlifters – fine athletes, but hardly exemplars of an hourglass physiognomy.

I watched the thoroughly gripping final of one of the women's Olympic weightlifting competition. Here are women whom, if one saw them on the bus – especially nowadays when obesity has joined the swelling ranks of social crimes – one would hardly suspect to be athletes. But from the peerless champion, the Korean Jang Miran, to the towering Australian Deborah Lovely and the simply gargantuan runner-up, Ukranian Olha Korobka (at 167kg, the heaviest athlete, male or female, in the entire games), these women, with their magnificent wobbling midriffs, enormous, vibrant bellies and expansive thighs that ripple gently in balanced absorption of the shock of lifting, these women, when it comes to this particular field of human endeavour, are paragons of perfection. Watching them work, as the emotion and exhilaration animates the features lightly etched into the mountains of supple flesh, one realises these women are not just extraordinary: they are beautiful, fine and supremely attractive.

It's true that when my wife came home I refrained from force-feeding her spaghetti carbonara and suggesting a career change. But it doesn't take long to realise that, among human beings, beauty and sexual attractiveness can be found in an immense variety of forms. Indeed, this is one of the most wonderful things about being human: that we can change our minds about things.

Social forces and pressures that make us want to be normal are damaging enough already, especially when the norms are sent into ridiculous inflation by mass marketed images of universal beauty. But when such norms are backed up by science – to the extent that people whom society already considers to be ugly find that this ugliness relates to genetic or even ante- and post-natal "defects", as the report from Brunel seems to suggest – they become more pervasive and forceful still.

So next time the scientists compliment us on our short legs, rather than get out the callipers to see how Marilyn Monroe squares up to Angelina Jolie, we should try harder to remember that being human isn't all about being normal. Beauty pertains, after all, not to norms but to individuals, and how can you be individual if all you are is normal?[/i:r1cphbxf]

So to summise - big boobies = more powerful female
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

The short version of that: Drow females fetishise evil.

It's a pretty popular stigma in media that a woman with power, who is also evil, must be 'hawt'. I think it's either because men, like women who are attracted to the bad boys, are drawn to that woman your mother always told you to stay away from lest you find yourself dead mid-coitus right before that special moment just to add insult to injury.

Well...some peoples' mothers.

And while you, as I, may not agree that 'big titties' are essential to the making of a hot woman apparently the vast majority of the world believes it is so.

Tal's argument is also valid, though.
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Maybe it's the heat; think about it, all in the Underdark, there's magmatic chambers up the yin-yang, not to mention, drow's blood holds in heat very well, so thermal expansion, anyone, and I have to agree with Narsia. Drow, on a base level, are very fetish evil, so. . .
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

i as a female never got the whole big chest deal...it seams more like a problem (ie many such ladies have major back problems) or annoyance...(ie exercise, running, ect...)

but typically lean bodies, as seen on such as elves, would normally be smaller in the bosum. where as a larger built person would hold up better to a larger bosum...proportioned to the body build and structure.

i mean i could be biased...
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

before I digress further, I'd just thoght that we should be clear on what we're talking about and that is

Air Bags, Angel Cakes, Apple Dumpling Shop, Apples, Aspirins on an Ironing Board, Babaloos, Baby Pillows, Balloons, Bangers, Bangles, Bassoons, Baubles, Bazongas, Bazooms, Beacons, Bean Bags, Bebops, Bee Stings, Betty and Wilmas, Betty Boops, Big Boppers, Bigguns , Bikini Stuffers, Billibongs, Blinkers, Blouse Bunnies, Bologna Bags, Bomboostas , Bonbons, Bongos, Boobies, Boozies, Bosoms , Bottles, Bodacious Tatas , Boulders, Bouncers, Bronskis, Bullets, Bumpers, Butterbags, Butterballs, Cannon Balls, Cans , Cantaloupes, Carumbas, Casabas, Cha-Chas, Charlies, Charms, Cherry pies, Chesticles, Chestnuts, Chi-Chis , Chimichongas, Coconuts, Cream Pies, Cupcakes, Dingers, Dinghies, Dingoes, Dinner Plates , Dirigibles, Double Whammies, Droopies, Dueling Banjos, Dumplings, Dunes, Ear Muffs, Eggplants, Eyes , Enchiladas, Fairy Pillows, Feeding Bottles , Flapjacks, Flappers , Flesh Bulbs, Flesh Melons, Floaters, Floppers , Fog Lights, Front Bottom , Fun Bags, Gagas, Gazingas, Gazongas, Glands, Globes, Grapefruits, Guavas, Hand Warmers, Headlamps, Headlights, Hills, Honeydews, Honkers, Hoohas, Hooters, Hottentots, Huffies, Humdingers, Jaboos, Jawbreakers, Jibs, Jugs, Jumbos, Kazongas, Knobs, Knockers, Kumquats, Lactoids, Loaves, Loblollies, Love Bubbles, Love Melons, Love Muffins, Lulus, Lungs, Macaroons, Magumbos, Majumbas , Mambos, Mammaries, Mammaroonies, Mammoths , Mangos, Maracas , Marangos, Marimbas, Marshmallows , Mau Maus, Meat Loaves, Meatballs, Melons, Milk Bottles , Milk Cans, Milk Fountains , Milk Shakes, Milk Wagons, Missiles , Mogambos, Mountains, Muchachas , Muffins, Mulligans, Mushmelons , Nancies, Nectarines, Niblets, Ninnies, Nippers, Nippies , Nodules, Noogies, Nubbies, Nugs, Oompas , Oranges, Orbs, Ottomans, Pair , Pagodas, Palookas, Pantry Shelves , Papayas, Parabolas, Party Hats, Paw Patties, Peaches, Peaks, Pears, Peepers, Pendulums , Pillows, Pink-Nosed Puppies , Pips, Pointer Sisters, Pompons, Pool Toys, Potatoes, PT Boats, Pumpkins, Puppies, Quarts of Love, Queen Jewels, Rack , Rangoons, Rib Balloons, Rib Cushions, Rockets, Roundies, Saggers , Sandbags, Satan's Love Pillows, Scones, Scoops, Shakers, Shebas , Shimmies, Shmeebs , Silos, Ski Slopes, Skin Sacks, Smoothies, Snoobs , Snuggle Pups, Spheres, Spongecakes, Spuds, Stacks, Sweater Meat, Sweet Rolls, Swingers, Tamales, Tatas, Teats, Tetons, Tidbits, Titters, Titties, Tomatoes, Tooters, Torpedoes, Twangers, Twin Peaks, Twofers, Umlauts, Waldos, Warheads, Watermelons, Whoppers, Wobblers, Wongas, Yabbos, Yams, Zeppelins....and so on...

However, there is something that we are all missing here: girls who pack large fun bags tend also to have BIG BUTTS! :p

Below is are a couple of fine examples that eloquently illustrate my point:

[img:n2w8jzpn]http://th04.deviantart.net/fs42/PRE/i/2 ... heeria.jpg[/img:n2w8jzpn]

[img:n2w8jzpn]http://www.deviantart.com/download/9761 ... mewing.jpg[/img:n2w8jzpn]

and I am now compelled to end with this:

[youtube:n2w8jzpn]TooVK8WE9Hg[/youtube:n2w8jzpn]

[i:n2w8jzpn]"I'm long and strong and down to get the friction on"[/i:n2w8jzpn] ;)
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

I meant an in-game fluff reason for it, the OOC reason is boobies. Boobies [i:3ij3i1xh]because[/i:3ij3i1xh] boobies.

Veraka's suggestion that Drow are inflatable is both disturbing and compelling.
Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

[quote:1ox0x2bj]Mother, I think you are full of too much hot air...

*deflates the matron by pulling out her stopper*

Ok sisters, fight amongst yourselves for the throne.[/quote:1ox0x2bj]

I can see it now :p
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

And Tal, you missed out 'Jubblies.'
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[quote="Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind":sctv7tkf]And Tal, you missed out 'Jubblies.'[/quote:sctv7tkf]

Indeed!

And Bill Clinton also wanted to add this:

[img:sctv7tkf]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/co ... 496853.jpg[/img:sctv7tkf]

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I added a "NSFW" tag to the title due to Tal's images. :)

As for the topic at hand... why does any sexualized art tend to display women with large breasts?

Besides, I think that the images I used on the website are all quite... reasonable.

All in all it just depends on where you look I suspect.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Ahh yeah...forgot about the NSFW bit, sorry Shir'le :)

But now that's been handled we can go back to oogling Drow babes with HUGE tracks of Land!

[img:13ernbgl]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs10/i/2006/ ... ingAHV.jpg[/img:13ernbgl]

Getting semi serious again for a bit, when Shir'le asked:

[quote:13ernbgl] As for the topic at hand... why does any sexualized art tend to display women with large breasts? [/quote:13ernbgl]

I think she may not realise or have forgotten that large breasts in art and such are a relatively modern phenomenon in dictions of women in art. That is to say that up to roughly the 1920's most women protrayed in art tended to have modest breast sizes, which in itself is more realistic as women with large breasts are not as common as you might think.

It is in the 1930's with the rise of the movie sirens [via mass media] like Greta Gabo, Rita Hayworth etc that you start to see the fascination with women with a more developed bust size and that becomes the standard "beauty' and desirability of western society.

Now in regards to the Drow women being busty buxom lasses, I would theorise the following: having large breasts is an indicator of fertility and the ability to successfully feed/rear children [large hips are also a factor as that indicates a better ability to have complication free births] and thus since the Drow are essentially a society that is obsessed with having as many children as possible, it stands to reason that the more successful mothers [Matrons etc] would no doubt be those who are able to birth and nurse large numbers of their children with few problems. Thus those Drow women with large breasts will pass on their genetic traits of large bust size to their daughters and so on.

It was stated somewhere here [and else where as canon] that Drow females are more fertile than their Elven cousins and thus I believe this is reflected in the artistic depictions of drow women. Of course this doesn't mean that all drow women are going to have Pamela Anderson sized chests but a significant portion of the female drow population will trend towards having bigger than average bust size as compared to say Human women and Drow breast would be much larger then the Elven girls on average.

Here are a few examples of drow girls that I would say have "normal" sized breasts:

Moonlight dance by *Gold-Seven

[img:13ernbgl]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs5/i/2004/3 ... _Seven.jpg[/img:13ernbgl]

Kristelz by =BlueDragoness

[img:13ernbgl]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/ ... 319cbd.jpg[/img:13ernbgl]

and one of my all time favourites

Back Whence I Came by *darchala

[img:13ernbgl]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs21/f/2007/ ... rchala.jpg[/img:13ernbgl]

As you can see, these girls are not carrying Dolly Parton sized melons on their chest but much more normal looking busts.

I think that Drow females would trend towards having larger breasts but like with any population , there will always be a variety in shapes and sizes.

You gotta LOVE tha boobies! :love:

Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Tal: NSFW-ing your topics one busty elf babe image at a time.

Good call, Billy-boy. Just make sure your tall tower doesn't burn down, fall over and sink into the swamp.
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Ugh. Men.
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Wait, human or drow, cause if it's drow I wouldn't be sure of that

[img:31o2lcij]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs7/i/2005/2 ... jeremy.jpg[/img:31o2lcij]
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix