children, What's your opinion of 'em

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

children, What's your opinion of 'em

Post by veraka »

Ok, this question has been ebbing at the back of my mind since, well, God knows when.
Ok so here it; I've always been sort of a believer that children should always be protected, no matter what the cost?

I was curious, what are your views on kids; if ya have any, please feel free to let me know how much of a pain in the butt they are.
But for the most part, I've been wondering what other's views are: do ya hate, think they're annoying, love 'em to death, think they're cute, etc.

Everyone's welcome to respond, so have at it.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

I have mixed feelings on the subject of children as a whole (real life and otherwise)

I love my two little cousins, a near 4 year old and a nearing 1 year old. The two girls are going to be hell later I can tell. Now.. kids in general? eh.. I've found them to be annoying to an absurb level. I work in a grocery store bakery that has free cookies.. so every 2 mins I hear 'can I have a cookie!?' Now as far as crimes commited against them? no, I think it's safe to say that anyone whom inflicts any level of harm on them with malicious intentions deserves the worst punishment possible. We see this level of "honor" in prison.. ever notice how prisoners will kill pedo's, kidnappers, or child murderers? That's just one thing that no criminal will allow. odd how you have a murderer who'd kill 50 people without blinking an eye, but touch a kid and he goes all vigilante and kills the one whom harmed the child.

all and all.. they're to be protected at all costs yeah, but good god they're annoying as hell.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

My views tend to fluctuate depending on how long I have to put up with them without a break. Anything from adoration to thoughts of infanticide.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote="Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind":2qmjt7lu]My views tend to fluctuate depending on how long I have to put up with them without a break. Anything from adoration to thoughts of infanticide.[/quote:2qmjt7lu]

I think that comes with any of us :lol: course it could just be me.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Dirzendar
Maid
Maid

Post by Dirzendar »

Depends on the child. As a preteen, my cousin Nikki is one of the most beautiful people I know, inside and out. I also have two kids, who I don't see as often as I'd like.

So...
(Signature drawn by Neo Yi)
Usstan inbal deisus lu'Usstan inbal keffal Ilta, l'Olath Wenress.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

I see; I guess I bring this up because I honestly have a soft spot for children in my heart. Whenever I hear about or see a child being
out on the streets or being abused, I see red.

Here we are, the most advanced race on our planet (that we know of anyways), and we can't seem to even to take care of our own young; there's something FUBAR about that if you ask me.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

game wise: eh, depends. my character doesnt know what to do with, about. especially since she is classified as a child in the drow world.

real life: while i'm not a kid person at all, i cant understand (or them me) them and i dont do affection well. and at times, i so wanna crush sleeping pills in the cookies of those around me...

i believe the Creator wants us to care, protect, the most helpless, especially the young. He gave kids as a blessing.
any atrocities (murder, abuse, ect...) against any person are wrong, but to harm or wrongfully/purposefully mislead a kid, i like what Yeshua said, "a giant stone should be tied to their neck and thrown into the ocean."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Actually.. the quote should be a giant boulder attached to said "appendage" (any private one would suffice" and then thrown into the ocean.. or flay the skin slowly...

And on an additional note? I abhor children in grocery stores, they seem to be infinitely more annoying there than any wheres else. Even more so when they see you talking to a customer(I work in a grocery store) or working and they keep on all but screeching and their parents just smile like idiots and not saying " You'll have to wait, they're busy" No.. they just let the kid screech "EXCUSE ME!!!" Repeatedly until you look at the customer who's looking at you like" God help you." and shut the kid up by giving them a cookie(worse thing the store has done was give free samples..."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote="Zekafae":20s9qmc4].. or flay the skin slowly...[/quote:20s9qmc4]

You'd be surprised at how many ways there are to that.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Post by Alaric Darkrose »

I love kids...as long as I could give them back. Especially after giving them sugar. >.>

In all honesty, everyone I know who has them tells me that they're the best thing that ever happened to them, but at the same time, I think I'd be a horrible parent.
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

shake em up and give them to someone ya dont like...
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

[quote="Zekafae":blzvsei2]Actually.. the quote should be a giant boulder attached to said "appendage" (any private one would suffice" and then thrown into the ocean.. or flay the skin slowly...

And on an additional note? I abhor children in grocery stores, they seem to be infinitely more annoying there than any wheres else. Even more so when they see you talking to a customer(I work in a grocery store) or working and they keep on all but screeching and their parents just smile like idiots and not saying " You'll have to wait, they're busy" No.. they just let the kid screech "EXCUSE ME!!!" Repeatedly until you look at the customer who's looking at you like" God help you." and shut the kid up by giving them a cookie(worse thing the store has done was give free samples..."[/quote:blzvsei2]

[img:blzvsei2]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/ ... a4b123.jpg[/img:blzvsei2]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

'doubles over in a laughing fit' :lol:
That is too rich.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

[quote="Zekafae":37ox0cg8]worse thing the store has done was give free samples..."[/quote:37ox0cg8]

awww but i love free samples...they make a good lunch..lol
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

[quote="Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar":1o4p83kd][quote="Zekafae":1o4p83kd]worse thing the store has done was give free samples..."[/quote:1o4p83kd]

awww but i love free samples...they make a good lunch..lol[/quote:1o4p83kd]

I have to admit, I'm also guilty of snaffling free samples. >.>;;