Sad news

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Argoth
Demigod

Sad news

Post by Argoth »

Tis a sad day. At 8.56 CE time the President of the Republic of Poland likely died in a plane crash in Smolensk, Russia. His wife and a group of 88 most important figures in Poland died in the crash along with the President. They were on their way to celebrate the memory of a couple thousand Polish officers and intellectuals murdered by Soviets in Katyn. The crown jewel of Polish society died during WW II, and now it's almost impossible to miss the sad irony and analogy between the events. The last time a Polish sovereign died was in 1922 when Gabriel Narutowicz got killed in the capitol of Poland, he was shot in an art gallery.

This event has left the entire nation grieved. I have a feeling of profound loss. My president died.
Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

My sincere condolences for your people's great loss.
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Despite the sadness of this loss, my concern lies more with the well being of your country in the wake of this tragedy. To lose your leader and so many influential figures all at once, I can only say that my prayers will be with you and your people. This will surely not be an easy thing to recover from.
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

I had heard that a lot of the officials of the military have been appointed and parts of the government as well, just so things can keep on running as normal.

I can say that many of us in America (hopefully all) feel for everyone. And that our prayers are with you all.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

i dont know much to say, but prayers go out to your people.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Thank you, all of you. Within two months there will be two votes, one for president, the other for the senate to fill the wholes. The military leaders will be appointed by the president. Turmoil, that's how I would call what's happening. Every day since Saturday, from about 10 or 11 in the morning a group of citizens arrives at the Presidential Palace and in a number of at least a thousand they stay there till late at night. Another sad thing is that the president had a twin brother. They stood together against the communists and USSR and did whatever they could to free Poland from their grip. The stood together all this time. And now he's alone for the first time in his life.

Again, thank you all for your kindness.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

A sad day indeed for Poland and all her citizens; I believe that you all will pull through this, as it is the way that we all go, or at least should, is forward. I hope that the transitions will go smoothly and without to much of an uproar. I will keep your country and her people in my prayers.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

I hadn't heard, been out of the loop all weekend.

I hope things are okay over there, best wishes.
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Post by Alaric Darkrose »

My condolenses. It is a tragedy whenever a leader dies, especially given the circumstances. My prayers are with your people.
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.

Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

its a bit late since iv only recntly loged back on but you have my condolencs as well.