Quel

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Quel

Post by Bhaern Quel »

I decided to do a search on the word recently to find how well the name is used.

I found it in a 2nd Edition product as a last name.

It should be noted that the name no longer appears in any name list I can find.

Grey Company, or whatever they call themselves has offer translation of quel to eqial good, well; other sites have offered more contray deffinitions.

As my souce book for the name is misplaced (maybe the dog ate it) I was wondering if any of you have any official Drow name meaning for this word.
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

WOW! :eek: It's not even in wikipedia! I tried Quel in there and it came up with some obscure computer language developed in Berkley!
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

House Maerdyn didn't come up with anything...And neither did any other Drow translators...I guess your stuck with what you found Bhaern
:3
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[color=indigo:3aw61f7h]I found a pdf called D&D d20 Drow Dictionary that has a few names that have Qu'el in them. It appears to have the meaning, "House."

Such as...

Qu'el'velguk~ House Assasin

Qu'el'saruk~ House Weapon's Master

Qu'el'faeruk~ House Wizard

:) But that is [b:3aw61f7h]NOT[/b:3aw61f7h] official. [/color:3aw61f7h]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!