The dance hall

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=teal:4yh7f2bi]I was wondering if something like this would be more of an arena thread or free form thread. Basically what I have in mind is a place for all of us to gather and meet, while dancing and interacting with one another without any possible fighting going on, basically a safe haeven from everything, kinda like the Tavern o' tales thread and Rouges Inn. I'm open to all suggestions and will open an OoC thread if it's deemed as suitable for the Free Form thread.[/color:4yh7f2bi]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Not sure what you have in mind, if you mean generally indteraction between players instead of characters it would tend to belong here in General Discussion (mush like the hugs thread was, though indeed some RP and insanity entered that thread).

If you are talking no combat RP it does not belong in the. It clearly does not belong in the Arena (which is combat orientated) nor Free Form (because any character would be denied the right to attack, because of a precived danger from actions of another character).

Campaigns might work for Characters, but that clearly inplies a DM/GM that gets to decide whom can post (or what posts are not aceptible and should be ignored).

The other option that comes to mind would be posting in the OOC, that can perhaps permit a blend of RP of characters and players dancing and interacting.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

[color=teal:25rhs0cc]After sitting back and thinking about it myself, I realized the same thing, but I was kinda wanting to make it a free form thread, so attacks would be permitted, so long as it wasn't some small slight that could be resolved by simple words.

Let me think on it some more, and we'll see what I can come up with to make it somewhat adventurous, but not too much so, at least I hope I don't start a general melee in a dance thread, but who knows what can happen.[/color:25rhs0cc]
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

First, the Arena is [i:1az3wy4l]not[/i:1az3wy4l] just for combat. I just called it the arena because I thought that’s be (by far) the most common. But it’s mean for any kind of highly interactive freeform roleplay. And dancing certainly could fit into that.

That said the question is what you’re hoping to achieve with the thread. If you want to try out how dancing would work then the arena is probably the best place. But if the idea is more to hold a roleplayed ball then one of the other two roleplaying forums would probably be more appropriate.

Let’s assume the second, then the question becomes which forum. And there again I feel I need to clear up a misunderstanding. The Campaigns forum does [i:1az3wy4l]not[/i:1az3wy4l] mean you have to have a DM/GM. It just means that one person decides on certain limitation. This could be a limit to whom can participate… but they can also decide to leave it open to everyone. One limitation could just be “no combat”. The Campaigns forum is just meant to give a bit more direction to the roleplaying.

So in the end it depends on what you want to do with it. If you just want to try out dancing then the Arena is probably best. If you want to have a ball (or something similar) and don’t want certain things like combat then Campaigns might be best as it gives you a bit more control over things. And if you just want to say “ok people, let’s have some fun dancing… but anything could happen” then you might prefer Freeform.

Though whatever direction you take be sure that people will have fun. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

[color=teal:1wey7hdt]Thank you for those guidelines Shir'le. I'm not one to really set limits on things besides the truly impossible, so I think I'll go with the free form style and see what comes of it.[/color:1wey7hdt]
Last edited by Qhell~Velladorn on Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote:nbw9b83s]The Arena is specifically created for short roleplaying sessions, specifically battles and other such opposed plays. This because player battles and such are generally very difficult in free form roleplay, so you could see this forum as a training area. Use what you learn here in the other roleplaying forums.

Where the Free Form Roleplaying forum is open to all, this forum is intended for those that want a limited group to play with. Get a few characters together and adventure exclusively with them, or have a DM start a campaign. Everyone is free to start a new thread, but participation in an ongoing thread is by invitation only.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.[/quote:nbw9b83s]

*color me confused.*

Dance hall is clearly not intented as combet or other short duration interaction.

Campaign is clearly by invitation, and it is implied that the starter of the thread is the one that gets to invite and acept (a role of a DM) , granted I do suspose the invitor can not kick out somebody invited into thread no longer wanted, but if that occured could start a new thread with one less person invited.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

[color=teal:1zc9xzff]It's all good Bhaern. I'll just take it to free form and let whomever wants to come in do so, and let what will happen happen, unless it gets to rowdy, I don't see why it won't work out fairly well.[/color:1zc9xzff]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: The dance hall

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Qhell~Velladorn":1oa22ge1][color=teal:1oa22ge1]It's all good Bhaern. I'll just take it to free form and let whomever wants to come in do so, and let what will happen happen, unless it gets to rowdy, I don't see why it won't work out fairly well.[/color:1oa22ge1][/quote:1oa22ge1]

*nods* I saw your choice after my post, still confused about use of other RP sections based on the guidelines. Perhaps descriptions might need to be revised.

Something perhaps the High Priestess and I can discuss, that might work out to better descriptives of what each section is designed for and what it is not.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":3eilsm4y]Dance hall is clearly not intented as combet or other short duration interaction.[/quote:3eilsm4y]
I wasn’t quite sure what Quel’s intentions were and just wanted to make clear that the Arena doesn’t have to be limited to combat. :)

[quote="Bhaern Quel":3eilsm4y]Campaign is clearly by invitation, and it is implied that the starter of the thread is the one that gets to invite and acept (a role of a DM)[/quote:3eilsm4y]
True… but I was just saying that the invitation could be “open to anyone” and that there doesn’t have to be someone taking the active role of a DM.

Though somehow I get the feeling I’ve done more to confuse matters than to clear them up. :oops:

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

[color=teal:mtn3ynbh]Not so Great Lady. I understood what you meant, and are taking your words at face value. I don't want to limit anyone from coming in, and I don't mind a few fights, so long as the fighting doesn't get out of hand. So when I get the RP set up, I'll put something in the description along the lines of keep the fights to a minimum and try to limit them to fist fights or verbal content.[/color:mtn3ynbh]