What would you do if you actually encountered a drow IRL?

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

What would you do if you actually encountered a drow IRL?

Run away as fast as possible & tell no one as u don't to be seen as a crazy person?
5%
Fall to your knees and beg for your life?
No votes
Give them a happy smile and friendly wave?
5%
Offer to be their guide in this modern world?
64%
Run and alert the authorities that a dangerous species is invading?
No votes
Invite them over to your home for dinner and meet your family?
14%
Try and become their marketing agent and make billions from a rabid media industry?
14%

Total votes: 22

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

[quote="Ssin'urn Streea":y92hma5y]at poser's ass, re-animate her body to fight against herself for my personal pleasure, set her on fire, and feed her charred remains to my two cute little feral kitties ....ouuu...think of the possibilities.. :devil: [/quote:y92hma5y]

Kinky
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Poke with stick.
:3
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

:devil:

[img:2gtb2abb]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com ... doneit.png[/img:2gtb2abb]

[quote="Gareth Ravenmantle":2gtb2abb][quote="Ssin'urn Streea":2gtb2abb]at poser's ass, re-animate her body to fight against herself for my personal pleasure, set her on fire, and feed her charred remains to my two cute little feral kitties ....ouuu...think of the possibilities.. :devil: [/quote:2gtb2abb]

Kinky[/quote:2gtb2abb]

[img:2gtb2abb]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com ... cepalm.jpg[/img:2gtb2abb]

therefore

[img:2gtb2abb]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com ... t_fail.jpg[/img:2gtb2abb]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

In all honesty? I doubt I'd make the spot check.
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

[quote="Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind":15t1f830]In all honesty? I doubt I'd make the spot check.[/quote:15t1f830]

spoken like a true ranger :cryjoy: *crys manley trears of awesome*
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Oh you're cool, stealing images from encyclopediadramatica and posting facepalm pics from /b/ like a newfag.

I love how you say im a troll, yet you're following me in this thread and continuing an arguement from 2009, Let it go man, srs.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[quote="Gareth Ravenmantle":4a3lsmte] [b:4a3lsmte]yet you're following me in this thread[/b:4a3lsmte] [/quote:4a3lsmte]

I created this thread

you keep posting which means I see it

so

[img:4a3lsmte]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/ ... 05e59e.jpg[/img:4a3lsmte]

think about it babyfag
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Okay guys, that's enough of that.

Talwyn, it was just a joke, I [i:34wpgoda]very[/i:34wpgoda] highly doubt anyone here actually advocates molestation in an IRL sense. You need to take it less seriously. Trolling indicates an intention to provoke a negative response, this wasn't it; at most it merits a 'dude, not cool!'

Gareth, no way you didn't realise that that kind of comment might upset people. Part of purveying humour is that you don't get to be upset when someone doesn't get the joke, if you wanna please everyone try a less edgy topic.

Now then, in an attempt to stem the fight with a new subject: How exactly would you disguise a Drow to let them move about freely in public? I mean that would be necessary, right, they're not exactly your average fare as far as physical appearance goes.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I created this thread to provide feedback and discussion about drow in a real world context.

Some people though had the notion that sick fuck behaviour is funny.

Two of my female friends have been raped, no bullshit.

One committed suicide a year later after the event because she couldn't deal with the humiliation and pain.

Rape and molestation is a subject that makes me see red.

I don't give a toss if people think I'm being overly sensetive or whiteknighting because I know that any form of this crap is just not amusing, especially to those it has affected.

When someone is being a complete asshat, you can do two things, let them continue, which means you condone bad behaviour or you can speak out against it.

I wouldn't wish anyone to have to deal with the aftermath of rape which I why I hope Gareth never has to deal with it. Sadly though, statistics show theres a 40% chance he will come across someone in his life who has been raped. I hope he can find a sense of compassion and moral outrage instead of humour.

Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

[quote="Talwyn Aureliano":3bgyl8rx]Two of my female friends have been raped, no bullshit.

One committed suicide a year later after the event because she couldn't deal with the humiliation and pain..[/quote:3bgyl8rx]

my condolences :'(
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Mine to. In all sincerity I actually enjoy Gareth's attitude, as it deals with a topic of 'what if you saw a very hot female of a different species' and here instead of drow could be a female na'abi from Avatar (damn I though she was hot to); I don't wish anyone to be in such a situation and it is sick and outrages me, morally also. I enjoy a good laugh, and I enjoyed this one because I got ONLY the detached from reality part of the discussion. No one said anything about actually violating anyone IRL.

The only thing I think needs to be said is to leave the subject and maybe even close down the thread since it provokes hostile behavior and too much controversy. I'm sure no one meant any harm.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

[quote=Argoth]a female na'abi from Avatar (damn I though she was hot to);[/quote]

*raises hand* Guilty. Blue skin is awesome. >.<;;
That said, no WAY you could disguise a na'abi. I would say that people would notice rather easily.

For a drow. . . Well, I know you can get a sort of olive-coloured skin dye for theatre and such that gives white skin an arabic hue, maybe that would let drow pass for a particularly dark shade of black skin? Heavy sunglasses are a must, given the light sensitivity, so the eyes should be easy to deal with.

Uhh. . . sort of a punk/metal look? That would save messing with the hair, at least, and nonconformists love to express themselves through unusual headwear so covering the pointy ears should give little trouble. On too of that, the ritual jewellery that seems so very well-loved by the drow wouldn't even merit special attention.

And THAT is how I would do it.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

[quote="Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind":2ot0nhbx][quote=Argoth]a female na'abi from Avatar (damn I though she was hot to);[/quote:2ot0nhbx]

*raises hand* Guilty. Blue skin is awesome. >.<;;[/quote]

Oh smurfette!

Also, to hide a drow in public? WHITE SPRAYPAINT :D
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

*le gasp!*

My secret shame! O/////////O

...actually, I referred more to the blue spriggan from Farscape and (obviously) the many Star Wars Twi'lek babes.

White spraypaint? I doubt she'd let you spray ANY kind of choke-inducing gas at her, Drow willing to let people do that tend to die in infancy, usually under the exact same pretence.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Oh the things I'd want to do with those leku of a Twi'lek... Oh that's nasty.