Hello, new here

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tamuril
Maid
Maid

Hello, new here

Post by Tamuril »

Hello,

I've been a fan of Forgotten Realms for almost two years now, mostly the Drizzt books but I have read some that features Eiliastree. I love reading about elves and drow and I like to see more good drow in the books. In addition, I have some drow characters myself, specifically a follower of Eiliastree who is a male drow bard and he's lovers with my other character, a moon elf fighter/sorceress/soon to be arcane archer. I also like to role play, play dnd, etc and enjoy discussions about the books, characters, etc.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Hello, new here

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Welcome to the Chosen.
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Welcome, and if you have any question, just feel free to ask :)

[quote:3knskn80]and I like to see more good drow in the books[/quote:3knskn80]

Unfortunately, while WotC has allowed Eilistraee to come back in the current era of the Realms, they have cut down the novel lines to only 3 characters: Drizzt, Farideh and Elminster. We could very well see something of Eilistraee in Elminster's books, but it will mostly be in the form of lore about the current whereabouts of the goddess and her followers, rather than directly featuring Eilistraeens drow (I'm not sure that WotC would allow that).
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Tamuril
Maid
Maid

Post by Tamuril »

"Unfortunately, while WotC has allowed Eilistraee to come back in the current era of the Realms, they have cut down the novel lines to only 3 characters: Drizzt, Farideh and Elminster. We could very well see something of Eilistraee in Elminster's books, but it will mostly be in the form of lore about the current whereabouts of the goddess and her followers, rather than directly featuring Eilistraeens drow (I'm not sure that WotC would allow that)."

Yeah, that's unfortunate. I love Drizzt and I like Farideh but I would like more variety in stories. I know WOTC isn't doing that right now so that just leaves all of us to continue the stories I suppose :)
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

That's one good way to look at the situation, and that's what many of use are doing (I'm doing that in my home campaign, for example).

However, I feel that it is a waste to let a setting like the Realms wither, while only 3 characters ever see action, and while WotC keeps dropping apocalypse after apocalyspe, one every other in-world year, on the Sword Coast, to the point of ridiculousness.

Drizzt is cool, but he has got like 30 books about him: even RAS has stated that he will take a pause from Drizzt and FR. If WotC wants some of the current novels to be about the drow, there are so many possibilities. We have Eilistraee and Vhaeraun who have just come back, and have even allied (kind of), for example: it would be cool to see that in a novel. Instead we've got Lolth plotting yet another absurd plan to dominate the world (that is going to be stopped by RAS' cast, without changing anything about the status quo), and that is after another Lolth storyline has *just* ended (the Demonweave + the Darkning). Really, WTH...

All of that while the rest of the Realms only get a few lines of updates in Ed Greenwood's books, once per year, and only because he goes out of his way to include such lore in his novels (assuming that WotC editors are kind enough to not cut it).
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Hi Tamuril and welcome to the Chosen. May you find a home of sorts here. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee