Nintendo News

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Elspath
Maid
Maid

Nintendo News

Post by Elspath »

Nintendo announced the price of the nintendo wii. It will be 250 dollers at release, half the price of the sony playstation 3 (sorry shril) and still much less then the xbox 360. So for a very low price you can play with your wii wii -_- Cute cute fun for a low low price!
vin''ult sea''anen d''Myth Drannor Y''teni dosst killian lanke zhah elghinyrr
-=Shadows of the Moon Series=-
Zareari Det'tar
Maid
Maid

Post by Zareari Det'tar »

I know this may not sound so nice to you, but I think that whom ever came up with that thing....is...not....completly sane....

A remote control? To play Nintendo games? Come on....
Elspath
Maid
Maid

Post by Elspath »

well what is a controller but a wired remote? :P it might be different and its okay to be afread of change *pats the little drow on the head* but with change comes new experinces and advantures *giggles*
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

And it has a mic in it. I've read that the control is suprisingly intuitive to use. Take a look at how many people play console games, and actually [i:2j86mjky]move[/i:2j86mjky] the controller itself while playing. I have seen quite a few people who do this.
I say congrats to Nintendo for doing something a bit 'different' in an otherwise stale and dull industry. ;) One thing I will give Nintendo, they have never lost sight of the fact most people play games to have FUN. Where most other games companies are trying to cram every last bit of 'realism' into a game they can, Nintendo have stuck to making the games 'just fun'.
Elspath
Maid
Maid

Post by Elspath »

i think we are at the stage in graphical quality were a company can make a game as "real" as possable or as "lovely" as possable, thoughs that go for lovely graphices i think will get higher praise then those that try to be "real" i mean... if you want real you go outside ^_^
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

I found it amusing Sony pirated the motion sensing idea so close to E3 that some of their own dev's didn't know it was in the controller till they announced it on the stage.

Then they claim the suggestion that they copied it from Nintendo is 'stupid'. Buncha rotten bastards ..

I agree with Gates though, its a cute idea that'll rarely get used in mainstream games, side from flight sims (like there is a single one worthy of the name on a console) and the odd sports game.
I'm sure Nintendo will make good use of it in their unique lineup .. but then again i'm really not sure what genre to class their games in anymore. :P

Still support Nintendo over Sony though, least they dont steal other people ideas, and are original.
Last edited by Jubilee on Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
Elspath
Maid
Maid

Post by Elspath »

gates says that just becose the xbox 360 was a year to early to copy it themselfs ^_^
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

Hehe, I dunno, he's stubborn, when he gets an idear in his head, he sticks with it.
It is difficult for others to truly speak their heart or listen to it. The words often prove difficult, or they do not come at all - Brianna
Elspath
Maid
Maid

Post by Elspath »

actly i think bill just dose the figure head thing and "okays" ideas, other then that i think his day is mostly collecting money and swiming in a valt of gold coins like unkle skrudge in ducktails :P
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I don’t think the motion sensing functionality in the PS3 controller will be used much as a major feature in games. But I’m convinced that it [i:34xelk1h]will[/i:34xelk1h] be used more subtly in games… like having characters dodge sideways if you tilt it sideways.

I don’t think it’ll be used much as a main thing, just as the rumble feature wasn’t used much as a main thing. But I think it will be used to give players feedback from the way they’re playing games… even if it’s just graphical.

Of course, I’ll have to see how we’ll end up using it. But I must say that I quite liked the rumble feature and am sorry to see that gone.

As for Sony copying Nintendo… could be, but personally I believe Phil (well, I have to, he’s my boss :p ). It makes quite a lot of sense that different companies develop similar technology at the same time. In fact, I suspect that the original boomerang shape was that shape because they wanted to fit motion sensing in it.

We’ll see where the future goes. But one thing I [i:34xelk1h]am[/i:34xelk1h] sure of… no matter which gaming system you prefer there’ll be some awesome games on it.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Elspath
Maid
Maid

Post by Elspath »

personally i think its worthless and i would rather have romble over anything. i mean.. i dont sit and keep my controller flat in a single direction when i play, my controlers usly sitting side ways slightly or tilted. Dose that mean depending on the game that my char will lean to one side alll the time? well that sounds like a REAL feature -_- can you think how uncomfortable its going to be playing a game then have to twist your arms around or even to upside down in the middle of tappying the X button? ??? why dont i just get up, turn around lean down and stick my head between my legs as a sing the natinal anthom.....

Just another pain in the but that sony thought they would do to try to show up nintendos idea. but thats companys for you. always about making money not about the gamer :P
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

On the "moving the controler" bit:

I almost jumped out of the window once trying to dodge an ice lance in DMC IV.

On the "motion sensors" thingy:

PLASE MAKE THEM HURRy UP GOD!!!! PLEASEEEEEEE!!!!!!
:3
Elspath
Maid
Maid

Post by Elspath »

so insted of accendently jumping out of the window, now you got a reason to ^_^
Jubilee
Maid
Maid

Post by Jubilee »

The only real reason they removed the rumble feature is actually a long, legal one. The interference with the motion sensing is something they made up to save face. If that was true the Wii wouldn't have it.

Both Microsoft and Sony were originally subject to lawsuits from a company that had the patent for the rumble feature in their controllers.

Microsoft settled out of court for a infinite license for some 20 million, and another 9 mil in stocks in the company and 9 mil investing in the R&D department in it.

Sony just doesnt want to pay money to a company Microsoft is a part of, and instead has gone into a very long losing legal battle they are still in, for a vibrating controller.

I'm sure anyone familiar with SOE is not suprised by this stupidity.
Elspath
Maid
Maid

Post by Elspath »

umm that dosent make any sense sense the first rumble dule stick controller was made for the playstation one back when the grand racing game (cant remember name exactly)

so how would that have anything to do with microsoft or nintendo on leagal battles?

Plus i dont see how that has anything to do with why sony disided to go with a new gyro system insted of the tride and true rumble

if what you say IS true then i doubute they would even have it for playstation 2 or have them still avalable....