The Promenade

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

The Promenade

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Well kinda like not news, it appears that the Promenade is currently under an NDA (Non Disclousure Agreement) which means (or tends to mean) that a novel or source book/article is in the works that will reflect some type of change or at least further detailing.

Some NDAs last for many years so not sure when/if Ed (or anyone else) will officially speak of this temple.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Hmm, interesting. Where did you hear that?

My guess would be that it’s either because of the [url=http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dn ... u:1enqdv71]Return to Undermountain[/url:1enqdv71] thing they’ve got going at the moment, or because they’re planning to release an Undermountain sourcebook. (For those that don’t know, The Promenade of Eilistraee is located on the third level of Undermountain).

Of course, at the rate they’re going it’s going to be years before they even arrive on the third level, let alone get to describe this big temple (the largest Eilistraeen temple in the Realms that I’m aware of). And since I haven’t heard anything about a new Undermountain sourcebook either I’m not holding my breath for that to arrive anytime soon either.

Besides, I doubt they’re going to release more on the temple than is already available. If they publish anything I expect an (abbreviated) description for those unfamiliar with it with an update on how the temple stands since last written about it.

Still, we can always fantasize that they’re going to release one thick sourcebook dedicated purely to Eilistraeens, with the Promenade getting one big, juicy chapter. :D

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":s0xreb7o]Hmm, interesting. Where did you hear that?[/quote:s0xreb7o]

Over at candlekeep, the quote from there being.

[quote:s0xreb7o]And a note to Kentinal: sorry, the Promenade is NDA'd right now. Ed will hang on to your question, though, until such a time as that NDA fades.[/quote:s0xreb7o]

As for what it all might be about, only time will tell.

BTW I was wondering if you noticed your experience points? *wink*
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:gwtbwrk3]WOW!!! :eek: I just saw that. The most venerable one must have tripled her experience because she has three different titles? ;) [/color:gwtbwrk3]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

we COULD make a 3rd edit translation of some of the stuff in 2nd edit... e.g. the promenade and the stats of those there...

it might even be a LITTLE fun, I think

just an idea.

one thing.

the stats given in Dragon magazine are pretty weak... I think we should remember that was before they started to want to populate the realms with more and more POWERFUL NPC's.

one more thing now that I think of it.

why Doesnt Qilue ressurect Elkanator.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Kirintha the Fair":1o221rp9]

one more thing now that I think of it.

why Doesnt Qilue ressurect Elkanator.[/quote:1o221rp9]

Err Ed's theory on resurection tends to be the nobles frown on the practice and he might not like the game rule itself. Qilue might be of the same mindset. IAE Ed's view which of course needs to berespected (but not always canon as he sold the rights) appears to be once you are known to be dead, your heirs get all of your goods. It does appear he acepts or allows battlefield resurrections if the death does not become common knowledge.

As for trying to update the Promade to 3rd Edition with years passages as well it becomes very hard. There was at the time 176 was written perhaps 200 to 500 persons living there, it might actually be more as well. Some of them would have died in combat I would expect, others would likely jion the community, adventures, escaped/rescued slaves, even followers already that come to see the High Pristess and decide to remain.

This is called a city, not sure of the scale used that can contain thousands and it is clearly posible thousands would seek its safety.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

huh? people seem able to freely leave and enter the promenade temple

most of those who go to undermountain... dont ever leave.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Kirintha the Fair":ffmj6hkt]huh? people seem able to freely leave and enter the promenade temple

most of those who go to undermountain... dont ever leave.[/quote:ffmj6hkt]

In 176. moombeans can be used for transport, even to the surface, Quliue clearly has been topside a few times as well. Also Domain of Portal comes in handy for travel. *wink*