Hello there. ;}

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Izzriia
Maid
Maid

Hello there. ;}

Post by Izzriia »

[color=darkred:wsrxl5kx]... "Rare breed" In the sense that I shall be playing a Vhaeraunite amongst these forums. 'Shame there are such small numbers of "us" to stir up the good-aligned dust in here, ha-ha!

I'll be having details of my character up soon enough. Can't wait to get "acquainted" with the lot of you in the forums. >;}
[/color:wsrxl5kx]
“For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and a mask of salvation upon his face; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.”
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Hail & well met and welcome to the boards Izzriia :)

Yes you would be something of a rarity being a member of a cult that worships a dead god [with no hope of return either] but more so, being a female worshipper of Vhaerun to boot! :eek: :uh-huh:

Is such a thing possible? :?

Or where you unfortunate enough to put on a cursed belt of gender reveral thus becoming a woman?

Either way, the explain will be interesting to say the least ;)

I can't wait to listen to the tale ;)

Anyway, welcome and have fun

Tal
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Izzriia
Maid
Maid

Post by Izzriia »

[color=darkred:22s89hv2]Haha! Well, I'm sure there are plenty of others who are willing to believe he is still surviving within the husk of his sister, just as much as Eilistraeen players are willing to play along a storyline where their goddess is still alive, altogether! ;3

As far as a female Vhaeraunite goes: the Masked Lord advocates gender equality amongst his worshippers. It just appeals more to males than females since both Lolth and Eilistraee already serve as female-orientated dogmas (Eilistraee more so before her "fuse" with her brother) - and Vhaeraun most certainly serves as a spiritual refuge for males even though I'm certain he would be more than happy to supply the same for females. Thus furthering his cause.

But with that statement aside, Izzriia was born and raised into it. I assure you, once I'm done polishing her character profile more will be explained. ;D

And thank you very much! I am very excited to get my role-playing gears oiled and turning again here, in this hospitable abode.
[/color:22s89hv2]
Last edited by Izzriia on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and a mask of salvation upon his face; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.”
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Greetings Izzriia and welcome to our forums.

Since we're ignoring everything from the Lady Penitent series I don't see any issue with worshiping Vhaeraun (beyond the obvious one of being misguided in doing so of course ;) ). If we were to accept Vhaeraun as 'dead' then we'd have to do the same for Eilistraee. Just because WotC screwed up their setting doesn't mean we have to play along.

So be welcome here and hope you find a home of sorts here (and repent your misguided ways to join us under Eilistraee's guidance in redemption ;) ).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Izzriia
Maid
Maid

Post by Izzriia »

[color=darkred:2acul9rl]Thanks so much for the welcome, Shir'le! I definitely feel at home here, already. :)

And yes, I wasn't too pleased about Ms. Smedman's decisions with the outcome of her Lady Penitent series. Don't get me wrong, they were excellent reads, but what a depressing outcome to shatter all our fantasies!

So with that, I admire you're permission to "freeze" the setting to a time where it was a much better place with more variety and options to choose from, haha.

Not only that, but the physical coloration for the "untainted" dark elves could've been a bit better, don't you think? I, quite personally, found the black flesh, white hair, and red eyes extremely alluring. They should've just kept it that way with a significant change in alignment.

Haha! Oh, don't you worry, I'm sure there will be much fun, in-character conflict to be had as far as clashing devotees goes!
[/color:2acul9rl]
Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

Salutations, and welcome aboard! :)
Izzriia
Maid
Maid

Post by Izzriia »

[color=darkred:1xx8vap5]Why, thank you very much! I look forward to my stay. :)[/color:1xx8vap5]
Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

Post by Vasriina Frerahel »

[color=olive:u4rydj6d]Why, hey there! I would like to welcome you to the site as well! It is so much fun, I am sure you will enjoy it. ;)

AND yay, I must say, another antagonist. It does shake things up! Haha. :devil: ;) [/color:u4rydj6d]
Izzriia
Maid
Maid

Post by Izzriia »

[color=darkred:22oko9py]Hey, thanks for the welcome! Yes, I certainly have high hopes for this place. Relieved to see how it's still active! :D

Haha. Indeed it does. Looks as though this place could use a few more "bad eggs" mixed with the batch. ;}
[/color:22oko9py]
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Once again, welcome to this place. May you call it home in time. :)

Well, female Vhaeraunites are not out of the ordinary. Remember Starlight and Shadows; Liriel's college rival? She was a double priest, one of Lolth and one of Vhaeraun. So there's nothing special about it.

And all the issues regarding drow gaining redemption or being damned for ever have been already discussed, so feel free to browse those topics and speak your mind. :) Sadly, I don't remember how they were called, but I'll bet you'll know as soon as you see them. Can't miss it.
Valthonis
Maid
Maid

Post by Valthonis »

I don't think all the Lady Pentinent books should be ignored. The first one was excellent. Another very cool Drow Mage (Q'arlynd) was introduced. Apart from Pharaun, Liriel (and Drizzt of course), he is one of the more interesting drow characters i've read about.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Why is Drizzt interesting, I fail to see. But we've decided collectively that the Lady Penitent series shall be 'omitted'. To us it never happened. For the sake of all drow deities, Eilistraee in particular.
Valthonis
Maid
Maid

Post by Valthonis »

Almost everyone reads Drizzt, even if they don't like them. I went researching about drow a few years back, and so many complainers on the Wizards form were dissing Drizzt. Yet they knew every detail about him, cuz they read the books. Why he is fascinating - cuz he is the first popular drow. I dunno if Greenwood published Quile before Drizzt, but if her first appearance is the Seven Sisters book, then i can see why Drizzt won immediate popularity contest. But then again, i don't like how Greenwood writes. Love his world, but not his books :/
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Well, I've only read the trilogy, and the first part afterwards. And that's it, and as fas as I'm concerned, I good with that.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

We need a different topic...something OTHER then Drizzt.
Fag boy drow ranger comes prancing up, and saves the world. Woo.

I swear if he wasn't a black-white combination he'd be like any other generic elf, lacking a big cat.
:3