Hi all, from a new member.

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Le Seigneur Noir
Maid
Maid

Hi all, from a new member.

Post by Le Seigneur Noir »

Vendui' ! *Puts his hands in cross on his chest*

To begin i need to say you "i 'am a Frenchie boy" (i doesn't live in France but in Belgium, but i was born in France )

Be gentile with me on my penguin's spelling :angel: !

Why i come here ?

It's easy, i 'am here for the same reason of others persons here.

I like Drow !! ( Not specially Eilistraee, but the race generally )

I know well the society of Lloth but not Eillistrae society or just à little , by the site, and thus I would like to know a little more grace about it in this site which I know since a small moment.

Even if I did not join before, I'am looking for informations on the cult and the society of Eilistraee, to make a small file of the various society of Drows (Lloth, Eilistraee and Vhaerun)

I'am DM of an Nwn 2 Persistant world, i ve 23 hold age and i am a fan of "the Forgotens Realms" !
Since Baldur Gate's release in 98.

Have nice day and see you again ?
;)
DoesItMatterWho
Maid
Maid

Post by DoesItMatterWho »

Bienvenue!

Welcome to our little world. I hope you find it a fun place to expand your roleplay skills.

You will find that this is -not- a fast paced world. You might post on a Tuesday, and not get any response from anyone until Friday. Do not let this discourage you.

The quality of roleplay I have seen here is very high, and I am extremely impressed with everyone's talents. Feel free to ask any questions you like, and we'll do our best to answer them.

Again, welcome!
Nim
Always remember - you can't have manslaughter without laughter.
Le Seigneur Noir
Maid
Maid

[quote="DoesItMatterWho":1y5e59mq]Bienvenue!

Welcome to our little world. I hope you find it a fun place to expand your roleplay skills.

You will find that this is -not- a fast paced world. You might post on a Tuesday, and not get any response from anyone until Friday. Do not let this discourage you.

The quality of roleplay I have seen here is very high, and I am extremely impressed with everyone's talents. Feel free to ask any questions you like, and we'll do our best to answer them.

Again, welcome!
Nim[/quote:1y5e59mq]

Thanks !

Héhé "Bienvenue" I like hearing this sound with the English accent, but say it in French (in my mind).

I hope too, find more about the Drow RP and enlarge my knowledge.

Nobody was still born to discourage me !
:devil: ( i've the feat "Will of iron" :p )

I've some questions yes !
A lot of questions !

One by one to begin :

Q) To know more about the worship and its churches, the most informations are :

In the "intro" and "dogma" on the web site ?
And in the "Theological Debate" on the forum ?

That right, or somewhere in the forum ? (like "Out of Character")
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Hi there, hope you like it here. The place is a little stiff lately, that's true. But it's still a fun place to be.
Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

Caelai.

Please make yourself at home. :)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Le Seigneur Noir":1x3qokop]
A lot of questions !

One by one to begin :

Q) To know more about the worship and its churches, the most informations are :

In the "intro" and "dogma" on the web site ?
And in the "Theological Debate" on the forum ?

That right, or somewhere in the forum ? (like "Out of Character")[/quote:1x3qokop]

Welcome as well, I would have been the first but RL interferred.

To know most about worship indeed reading the dogma and the "Theological Debate" is the best way of getting an understanding of what was written and how it is interperted. The intro might have a few tidbits not conered in the other two, Useful links, like the 2nd and 3rd Edition deity overview was out starting place.

The OOC is only concerned with Role Play and the only very little information or discussion (debates) occur about worship. That occurs from time to time when a player focuses more on one aspect of the dogma as important and another player focuses on another aspect. Last OOC religious debate that occured was perhaps three years ago when one of my characters killed an evil character (at least tried to in accordance with the RP rules). *wink*

Most issues up for interpertation are in "Theological Debate"
Le Seigneur Noir
Maid
Maid

Ok Thanks Bhaern Que. (lol it's very similar to the Baern family).
I use the "temple" too.

I've again some question to ask.

Q 1 ) What exactly the "promenade" ? , i think i know perhaps the name in French.
The temple of the lady penitence, in skull port right ?
But why the Vhaerun have too "the promenade" or i've dream about that ? ( i think i've read that on this forum).

Q 2 ) The moon light tome, are an artefact's like "Cyrinishard" ?

Q 3 ) "The Lady Penitent trilogy" speak about the Dark Maiden ?

You thinks, i should read the trilogy ?
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

You could, but better read the Lights and Shadows trilogy (about Liriel) then the War of the Spider Queen. And then just browse the web for old stuff about Eilistraee. Sometimes you can get your hands on some really old and cool stuff from 2nd ed d&d. Even from fan-made prestige classes you can learn something more about Eilistraee and her Followers.
Le Seigneur Noir
Maid
Maid

Ok Thx.

I've find in my collection of Dragon Magazine (byu in braderie ^^), a great informations.

I ve see the n° of a book in the site.

- Dragon Magazine #176
- Dragon Magazine #279
- Dungeon Magazine #84
- Dragon Magazine #298
- Dragon Magazine #315

In the first "If You Need Help—Ask the Drow!" 5 pages about "The Promenade" !!

it's a great find !

Q 2 ) The moon light tome, are an artefact's like "Cyrinishard" ?
DoesItMatterWho
Maid
Maid

Post by DoesItMatterWho »

There -WAS- an item like the Crystal Shard, but it was destroyed.

Why would you want such an item anyway? ;)
Always remember - you can't have manslaughter without laughter.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Greetings and welcome to our little corner of the web. Feel free to ask any questions you have and we'll do our best to answer them.

To start with some of the ones you asked:

[quote="Le Seigneur Noir":23jpk8sc]Q 1 ) What exactly the "promenade" ? , i think i know perhaps the name in French.
The temple of the lady penitence, in skull port right ?
But why the Vhaerun have too "the promenade" or i've dream about that ? ( i think i've read that on this forum).[/quote:23jpk8sc]
The "Promenade of the Dark Maiden" is a name used for Eilistraee's temple near Skullport. It used to be a temple to Ghaunadaur, but Eilistraee's followers (Qilué Veladorn in particular) drove out the smiles and built Eilistraee's temple on top of it to guard against Ghaunadaur's return.

It's called the Promenade due to Eilistraee's followers patrolling the area in a procession.

As far as I'm aware the Promenade has very little to do with Vhaeraun and his followers.

[quote="Le Seigneur Noir":23jpk8sc]Q 2 ) The moon light tome, are an artefact's like "Cyrinishard" ?[/quote:23jpk8sc]
The Moonlight Time is something I made up. It's supposed to be some sort of Eilistraeen bible, but the pages got scattered and lost (which would allow people to let their characters 'find' them by actually writing the pages).

I never intended for any real artifact-like power to it, beyond just having a wealth of Eilistraeen knowledge. But who knows; maybe some of the pages hold some power and when the whole thing is put together it'll be a powerful artifact; that knowledge too is lost in the ages. ;)

[quote="Le Seigneur Noir":23jpk8sc]Q 3 ) "The Lady Penitent trilogy" speak about the Dark Maiden ?

You thinks, i should read the trilogy ?[/quote:23jpk8sc]
The Lady Penitent trilogy does indeed speak of the Dark Maiden, quite a lot actually (in fact she plays an extremely central role in the novels, more than in pretty much any other novels before).

However, we've chosen to ignore the trilogy because we absolutely hate the ending. As such if you like Eilistraee, or even just drow in general, I can't in good conscious recommend anyone reading it.

Hope that was helpful. If you have any more questions then feel free to ask and may you find a home of sorts here. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Le Seigneur Noir
Maid
Maid

Ok thanks (again !!!) Shir'le !.

DoesItMatterWho :

I'm under construction of a data base of Drow in generally, i know more about Lloth.

I'll translate all what i find here in my language for the people who not undestand English.

I'm not the best translator but i do my best, and i say sometime "keep going and try !".
Anf the information about Eilistraee and Vhaerun is short in French, just à little description.
T'rissonia
Maid
Maid

Post by T'rissonia »

Why, hello, fellow new-comer! I'm one myself, as you might've guessed by my own greeting amongst this board. Haha!

I look forward to exploring the high potentials of site along with you. I'm sure we'll be enjoying our stay here, eh? Maybe our characters will meet someday. :D
“You have turned for me my mourning into dancing: you have put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praises to you, and not be silent."
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Post by Alaric Darkrose »

Welcome to the forum.
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.

Vasriina Frerahel
Maid
Maid

Post by Vasriina Frerahel »

[color=olive:3e6r11hp]Hey there, Le Seigneur Noir, I haven't been to the site in quite a long time, but I would like to say Welcome to the Site. Its awesome! See you in RP maybe. ;) [/color:3e6r11hp]