Something that's been bugging me.

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Something that's been bugging me.

Post by Tyrmer »

Well ever since I stumbled into the registration thread it's been bugging me. We don't actually HAVE any Moderators, I think this was discussed way back when this new forum was established but I can't remember where it is (and can;t be bothered to be truthful). So when are we getting Mods? Oh and what the hell are Board Founders when they are logged in (sorry, forum joke)? I'm presuming there's just one (Shirle, our wonderful High Priestess who can dono wrong, at least not on the forums) who is also the Admin.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

We have one moderator right now, the High Priestess.

Based on her comments from before, she expected a far larger membership and even the old forum held open the posiblility to create other moderators. As it stands it does not appear to be any need to have additional moderators, however if and when they are needed I am sure the High Priestess will select those that she deems best suited to the task.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I have plans to appoint one or two moderators next to myself. Particularly the roleplaying forums could use one or two (since I don't keep as close an eye on that as I probably should).

All things in good time though.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

[color=darkslateblue:3jc164jz]The higherachy might need to be restructured so there are only 2 positions (Admin & Moderator) besides normal members. I think having 3 would be a bit confusing.

Perhaps (if possible) some names could replace the normal ones of such positions like High Priestess (for Admin) and Instructor (for Moderator).

Just my thoughts on the subject.[/color:3jc164jz] ;)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Merinid Tlin'orzza":36en6n0n]My sugesstion. The higherachy needs to be restructured so there are only 2 positions (Admin & Moderator) besides normal members . I think having 3 would be a bit confusing.

Perhaps some names could replace the normal ones of such positions like High Priestess (for Admin) and Instructor (for Moderator).

Just my thoughts on the subject. ;)[/quote:36en6n0n]

Many things are posible in how there are displayed. The little place I moderate there is no title at all. In that webspace there is a host/owner (depending on founding priciples) and moderators that the host/owner makes. On top of that is of course Admin (site owner, and those he gives gobal access to greater then any host has),

Titles do not matter IMO and if one follows the dogma Priestess often are called many things. Having a badge at times alwows for abuse, at times it may of course be needed as well. As the community developes will better determine the needs of the community.

I can see it going along the lines of Master of the Swords being a modorater for example, because he earned trust of Shir'le and the community some years ago. Though that was not part of job description at the time, without any other notation. In fact I support the idea of a confusing situation where one does not know whom can moderate, because knowing one is playing with a moderator can greatly effect RP and OOC interaction. I have seen this occur on other sites that have a RP component.

Some players try to become friends with the moderator/host so that they can break the rules. The one clearist instance was when a player knew picture exceeded posted guidelines, but host allowed the image because he felt friendly to the poster.

IMO it should be confusing as to whom might be allowe to moderate to prevent influence peddling or restiction on play, the two sides or the coin if you will.

There clearly was at one point of time I was detested as a moderator for enforceing the rules, the community suffered as well. Some of the regs appeared to believe other regs should be allowed to break rules and forgiven as oposed to newbies breaking the same (or lessor) rule and be banned for at least a few days. I took the oposite view, following the concept that you are a reg you know the rules for a longer time and if anything the regs should be held to a higher standard then newbies.
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":pvv8icqy]Many things are posible in how there are displayed. The little place I moderate there is no title at all. In that webspace there is a host/owner (depending on founding priciples) and moderators that the host/owner makes. On top of that is of course Admin (site owner, and those he gives gobal access to greater then any host has),

Titles do not matter IMO and if one follows the dogma Priestess often are called many things. Having a badge at times alwows for abuse, at times it may of course be needed as well. As the community developes will better determine the needs of the community.

I can see it going along the lines of Master of the Swords being a modorater for example, because he earned trust of Shir'le and the community some years ago. Though that was not part of job description at the time, without any other notation. In fact I support the idea of a confusing situation where one does not know whom can moderate, because knowing one is playing with a moderator can greatly effect RP and OOC interaction. I have seen this occur on other sites that have a RP component.

Some players try to become friends with the moderator/host so that they can break the rules. The one clearist instance was when a player knew picture exceeded posted guidelines, but host allowed the image because he felt friendly to the poster.

IMO it should be confusing as to whom might be allowe to moderate to prevent influence peddling or restiction on play, the two sides or the coin if you will.

There clearly was at one point of time I was detested as a moderator for enforceing the rules, the community suffered as well. Some of the regs appeared to believe other regs should be allowed to break rules and forgiven as oposed to newbies breaking the same (or lessor) rule and be banned for at least a few days. I took the oposite view, following the concept that you are a reg you know the rules for a longer time and if anything the regs should be held to a higher standard then newbies.[/quote:pvv8icqy]

[color=darkslateblue:pvv8icqy]I never put much thought about that. Now that you put it,a confusion ploy sounds interesting. I see your point there.[/color:pvv8icqy] :)