Outwards and social Networking

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kaote Bruchedaine
Maid
Maid

Outwards and social Networking

Post by Kaote Bruchedaine »

Do we have any hooks out for networking at all? Social networking or anything?

I've been having some interesting conversations with Ed and Elaine as of late on Facebook. I had attempted to lure Elaine here before I realized she had a deadline approaching within the next two weeks. I suspect it will be easier to get her when that's over but I am still curious if our resident leadership might be able to get us a group pages on some social networking. I tend to dislike social networking in general but my love for the realms is bigger.
Irennan
Champion

Re: Outwards and social Networking

Post by Irennan »

[quote="Kaote Bruchedaine":28e5gg3c]Do we have any hooks out for networking at all? Social networking or anything?

I've been having some interesting conversations with Ed and Elaine as of late on Facebook. I had attempted to lure Elaine here before I realized she had a deadline approaching within the next two weeks. I suspect it will be easier to get her when that's over but I am still curious if our resident leadership might be able to get us a group pages on some social networking. I tend to dislike social networking in general but my love for the realms is bigger.[/quote:28e5gg3c]

I think that something like a facebook page/group could give visibility to the site. I don't use facebook, but It would be really cool if our presence there could make the likes of Ed, Elaine or even the people working at WotC curious. There are very few deities who can claim to have a site dedicated purely to them, this may be telling of the popularity and value of Eilistraee, and -who knows- if the activity picks up pace, perhaps even make WotC decide to give more space to the Dark Dancer...
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I don't use Facebook or Twitter or any social media at all, so I must say that the thought hadn't occurred to me (nor would I really know how to set something up). I'm definitely not opposed to the idea though.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Kaote Bruchedaine
Maid
Maid

Well Shir'le if I have your permission I would set something up on Facebook right away.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

That's fine, go ahead. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Faediira
Maid
Maid

Post by Faediira »

Kaote just let us know the name of the group so we can start joining up right away on there too...to be honest I have no idea how to create anything over there except for events lol and files lol
May the light of Eilistraee shine brightly in the face of evil!
Kaote Bruchedaine
Maid
Maid

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":sm1whqiv]That's fine, go ahead. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:sm1whqiv]

Would like to know if we can use http://www.eilistraee.com/images/intro_eilistraee.jpg for the group banner.

Group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/345442775662047/

Unfortunately I didn't get to do much on it tonight as Eve stole more time than I expected today. 11:30pm and I am just getting around to touching it.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

[quote="Kaote Bruchedaine":2g6o2yxo]Would like to know if we can use http://www.eilistraee.com/images/intro_eilistraee.jpg for the group banner.[/quote:2g6o2yxo]
I think that's fine; Demona made the original image for us, but I think she'd be fine with it as a banner for the group. :)

And unfortunately since I don't have a Facebook account it seems I can't see the page (at least it asks me to log in). :P

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Is there any way to add a link to these forums on the group page?
Kaote Bruchedaine
Maid
Maid

[quote="Irennan":zd6kkak9]Is there any way to add a link to these forums on the group page?[/quote:zd6kkak9]
I'll get that and a few more things up today. It was past my self induced bed time when I started it last night.

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":zd6kkak9][quote="Kaote Bruchedaine":zd6kkak9]Would like to know if we can use http://www.eilistraee.com/images/intro_eilistraee.jpg for the group banner.[/quote:zd6kkak9]
I think that's fine; Demona made the original image for us, but I think she'd be fine with it as a banner for the group. :)

And unfortunately since I don't have a Facebook account it seems I can't see the page (at least it asks me to log in). :P

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:zd6kkak9]

I beleive I will have to resize the image. It was either cut off her head or cut off the group name. We already had to deal with the nightmare of her losing her head once so the name is currently hidden.
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

[quote="Kaote Bruchedaine":uydeo2mj][quote="Irennan":uydeo2mj]Is there any way to add a link to these forums on the group page?[/quote:uydeo2mj]
I'll get that and a few more things up today. It was past my self induced bed time when I started it last night.

[/quote:uydeo2mj]

Thanks for setting the page up. I've already signed up for the group, my facebook account is Petter Nylund --even tho it's a fake named one-- (I don't really use the site, I made the account when WotC was doing their drow event near the end of 4e and I wanted to get updates on it, hoping to find something new about Eilistraee. However I've got friends who use facebook and to be honest I didn't want to be contacted there, hence the fake name).

[quote:uydeo2mj]
[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":uydeo2mj][quote="Kaote Bruchedaine":uydeo2mj]Would like to know if we can use http://www.eilistraee.com/images/intro_eilistraee.jpg for the group banner.[/quote:uydeo2mj]

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:uydeo2mj]

I beleive I will have to resize the image. It was either cut off her head or cut off the group name. We already had to deal with the nightmare of her losing her head once so the name is currently hidden.[/quote:uydeo2mj]

Heh, technically it was Qilué who ate the sword, not Eilistraee herself. However I must admit that it was quite ''shocking'', as if WotC had some kind of hatred towards the Dark Dancer and all the FR stuff they were removing (you know, their ''kill the sacred cows and take their stuff'' attitude) and wanted to see them go in the worst/most violent way possible. Doesn't matter now, though. Their thinking seem to have drastically changed and we've got Ed taking care of Eilistraee.
Nalfien
Maid
Maid

Post by Nalfien »

This is Demona, the person who made the image. You're just going to have to believe me, because I have no idea what email or password I had when I was still a moon dancing drow. I'm delighted that after all these years the image is still being used, and I have no problem with anyone using it so long as the signature remains visible.

Shir'le, I am glad you have kept the faith. May your nights be long an pleasant.