I need an opinion.

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Leema Har'gachi
Regular

I need an opinion.

Post by Leema Har'gachi »

Hey guys... um and ladies. I've been working on this for a while now, but I feel like I need someone elses opinions on this. Essentially, I've been working on my own homebrew but taking all the varies elf statistics and try to make something a little closers to the earlier editions. Keep in mind I have no fluff right now... expect a few small pieces inside the text describing abilities. Sooo feel free to give me ideas or advice on it.

Drow

Drow Traits:
[b:um6wfalv]Drow Ability Score Adjustment[/b:um6wfalv]: You Dexterity, Intelligence, and Charisma Score increase by 1.
Movement Speed: 30 feet
[b:um6wfalv]Darkvision[/b:um6wfalv]: You can see in areas of Dim light as if it were bright light. You can in darkness as if it were dim light within 120 feet of you. You can’t discern color while in darkness, only in shades of grey.
[b:um6wfalv]Elven Initiative[/b:um6wfalv]: When you roll for your initiative use a dice one size higher. From a d6 to d8 to d10 to d12 to d20. If you have another feature or feat that increases your initiative dices size, this effect stacks.
[b:um6wfalv]Elven Constitution[/b:um6wfalv]: You are immune to magical sleep effects and ghoul’s paralyzing bite. You also roll twice and take the better result when you are making a saving throw against charm affects.
[b:um6wfalv]Elven Senses[/b:um6wfalv]: You roll twice and take the better result when you make ability checks to search or spot. You are allowed an Intelligence ability check to search whenever you are within 10 feet of a secret or concealed door as if you were actively looking for it.
[b:um6wfalv]Drow Magic Resistance[/b:um6wfalv]: When making wisdom or constitution saves against a spell or spell-like ability, you roll twice and take the better result.
[b:um6wfalv]Drow Tactical Training[/b:um6wfalv]: You are proficient with short swords, rapiers, hand crossbows, and one of the fallowing skills Hide, Move Silently, Search, or Spot.
[b:um6wfalv]Lolth-Cursed Magic[/b:um6wfalv]: You know the dancing lights cantrip, which you can cast at-will as a spell-like ability. You also can cast faeries fire once per day as a spell-like ability. At 3nd level, you can darkness once per day as a spell-like ability. At 5th level, Male drow can cast detect magic, detect good, and levitate each once per day as a spell-like ability and female drow can cast clairvoyance, discern lies, dispel magic, and suggestion each once per day as a spell-like ability. Using any of these spell-like abilities is an action. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for it.
[b:um6wfalv]Sunlight Sensitivity[/b:um6wfalv]: While in sunlight, you have disadvantage on attack rolls and on Wisdom (Spot) and Intelligence (Search) checks that rely on sight.
[b:um6wfalv]Elven Trance Sleep[/b:um6wfalv]: You can spend 4 hours in a deep trance like state, from which you benefit from effects as you had a full 8 hours of sleep. You may still sleep normally if you wish. When in this trance, you can still dream in a fashion. These dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years of practice.
Languages: You can read, speak, and write Common, Elven, and Undercommon as well as a number of bonus languages of your choice equal to your intelligence modifier.

Eladrin

Eladrin Traits:
[b:um6wfalv]Eladrin Ability Score Adjustment[/b:um6wfalv]: Your Intelligence increase by 2 and Charisma increase by 1.
[b:um6wfalv]Darkvision[/b:um6wfalv]: You can see in areas of Dim light as if it were bright light. You can in darkness as if it were dim light within 60 feet of you. You can’t discern color while in darkness, only in shades of grey.
[b:um6wfalv]Eladrin Tradition[/b:um6wfalv]: You are proficient with long swords, long bows, short bows, and the spot skill.
[b:um6wfalv]Eladrin Deep Trance[/b:um6wfalv]: Eladrins do not sleep, at least not in any normal fashion. You speed 2 hours in a state of trance. You gain the benefits of a full 8 hours of sleep, from 2 hours of this trance state. While in this trance you do not dream.
[b:um6wfalv] Fey Biology[/b:um6wfalv]: You are immune to charm and magical sleep effect, as well as ghoul’s paralyzing bite. You also have a +2 bonus on saving throws against illusions and polymorph spells.
[b:um6wfalv]Fey Sight[/b:um6wfalv]: You can use detect magic as an action, once per day as a spell like ability.
[b:um6wfalv]Fey Step[/b:um6wfalv]: You can once per day as a move action hop between two points by stepping through the boundaries of the planes to teleport to a single spot within 60 feet of where you were. The spot where you fey step to cannot be occupied by other creatures or large object like a wall. If the spot you wish to fey step to is occupied as such, you instead fey step within a 5 foot radius of your original intended destination provided it is within range of this ability. At 3rd level you can fey step one additional time per day and a third time at 5th level.
[b:um6wfalv]Languages[/b:um6wfalv]: You can read, speak, and write Common, Elven, and Sylvan, as well as a number of bonus languages of your choice equal to your intelligence modifier.

Elves

Elven Traits:
[b:um6wfalv] Elven Ability Score Adjustment[/b:um6wfalv]: Your Dexterity increase by 2.
[b:um6wfalv]Darkvision[/b:um6wfalv]: You can see in areas of Dim light as if it were bright light. You can in darkness as if it were dim light within 60 feet of you. You can’t discern color while in darkness, only in shades of grey.
[b:um6wfalv]Elven Initiative[/b:um6wfalv]: When you roll for your initiative use a dice one size higher. From a d6 to d8 to d10 to d12 to d20. If you have another feature or feat that increases your initiative dices size, this effect stacks.
[b:um6wfalv]Elven Constitution[/b:um6wfalv]: You are immune to magical sleep effects and ghoul’s paralyzing bite. You also roll twice and take the better result when you are making a saving throw against charm affects.
[b:um6wfalv]Elven Senses[/b:um6wfalv]: You roll twice and take the better result when you make ability checks to search or spot. You are allowed an Intelligence ability check to search whenever you are within 10 feet of a secret or concealed door as if you were actively looking for it.
[b:um6wfalv]Elven Standard Training[/b:um6wfalv]: You are proficient with leather armor, chain shirt, and one of the fallowing skills Natural Knowledge, Search, or Spot.
[b:um6wfalv]Elven Trance Sleep[/b:um6wfalv]: You can spend 4 hours in a deep trance like state, from which you benefit from effects as you had a full 8 hours of sleep. You may still sleep normally if you wish. When in this trance, you can still dream in a fashion. These dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years of practice.
[b:um6wfalv]Elven Subraces[/b:um6wfalv]: Choose one subraces from the list below, the subrace you choose gains you additional abilities and traits. The subraces are as fallowing: dark elves, grey elves, high elves, wild elves, and wood elves.

Dark Elves
As a dark elf, you have the fallowing traits.
[b:um6wfalv]Ability Score Adjustment[/b:um6wfalv]: Your Charisma score increases by 1.
[b:um6wfalv]Dark Elf Two-weapons Training[/b:um6wfalv]: You can use any one handed weapon for your off hand when engaging in two-weapons fighting. As long as you are proficient with the weapons in both of your hands, you do not suffer any penalty when fighting with two weapons.
[b:um6wfalv] Dark Elven Resistance[/b:um6wfalv]: You have +2 bonuses on saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities.
[b:um6wfalv]Dark Maiden’s Blessing[/b:um6wfalv]: You have the blessings of Lady Silverhair, who has given your race a divine gift. As a result, once per day, you can summon a silver flame of moonlight emanating from your hand or other body part as a swift action. You can make a touch attack on a single target, on a successful attack the flames of moonfire deal 1d6+ charisma modifier of cold damage. The flames of moonlight shed dim light up 10 feet, the moonfire last for one minute or until discharge by a touch attack roll (regardless of success). At 3rd level, you gain a second use of this ability.
[b:um6wfalv]Languages[/b:um6wfalv]: You can read, speak, and write Common, Drowic, and Elven, as well as a number of bonus languages of your choice equal to your intelligence modifier.

Grey Elves
As a grey elf, you have the fallowing traits.
[b:um6wfalv]Ability Score Adjustment[/b:um6wfalv]: Your intelligence score increase by 1.
[b:um6wfalv]Elf Weapons Training[/b:um6wfalv]: When making an attack roll with a long sword, short sword, short bow, or long bow, you gain a +1 on your attack rolls.
[b:um6wfalv]Gray Elf Magical Training[/b:um6wfalv]: You know one cantrip from the wizards spell list that you can cast at will as a spell-like ability. At 3rd level, you can choose one 1st level spell from the wizards spell list you can cast that spell as a spell-like ability once per day. At 5th level, you can choose one 2nd level spell from the wizard spell list you can cast that spell as a spell-like ability once per day. If the spell has a material component, you must still provide it. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for it.
[b:um6wfalv]Still Spell[/b:um6wfalv]: Once per day, you can cast a spell that has somatic components as if it doesn’t have one. A stilled spell doesn’t require armor proficiency to cast a spell in armor.
[b:um6wfalv]Languages[/b:um6wfalv]: You can read, speak, and write Common and Elven, as well as a number of bonus languages of your choice equal to your intelligence modifier.

High Elves
As a high elf, you have the fallowing traits.
[b:um6wfalv]Ability Score Adjustment[/b:um6wfalv]: Your Constitution score increase by 1.
[b:um6wfalv]Elf Weapons Training[/b:um6wfalv]: When making an attack roll with a long sword, short sword, short bow, or long bow, you gain a +1 on your attack rolls.
[b:um6wfalv]High Elf Tactical Training[/b:um6wfalv]: You are proficient with long sword, short sword, short bow, and long bow.
[b:um6wfalv]Stealth Training[/b:um6wfalv]: As long as you are wearing either no armor or light armor not made of metal, when you make a Dexterity ability check to move silently you roll twice and take the better result.
[b:um6wfalv]Languages[/b:um6wfalv]: You can read, speak, and write Common and Elven, as well as a number of bonus languages of your choice equal to your intelligence modifier.

Wild Elves
As a wild elf, you have the fallowing traits.
[b:um6wfalv]Ability Score Adjustment[/b:um6wfalv]: Your Strength score increase by 1.
[b:um6wfalv]Speak with Animal[/b:um6wfalv]: Once per day, you can use an action to cast speak with animal as a spell-like ability. At 3rd level, you gain a second use of this ability. Intelligence is you spellcasting ability for it.
[b:um6wfalv]Trap Maker[/b:um6wfalv]: You have proficient with hunting traps.
[b:um6wfalv] Languages[/b:um6wfalv]: You can read, speak, and write Common and Elven, as well as a number of bonus languages of your choice equal to your intelligence modifier.

Wood Elves
As a wood elf, you have the fallowing traits.
[b:um6wfalv] Ability Score Adjustment[/b:um6wfalv]: Your Wisdom score increase by 1.
[b:um6wfalv]Charm Animal[/b:um6wfalv]: Once per day, you can use an action to cast charm animal as a spell-like ability. At 3rd level, you gain a second use of this ability. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for it.
[b:um6wfalv]Cloak of the Forest[/b:um6wfalv]: When you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist or some other natural phenomena, you can attempt a dexterity ability check to hide.
[b:um6wfalv]Languages[/b:um6wfalv]: You can read, speak, and write Common, Elven, and Sylvan, as well as a number of bonus languages of your choice equal to your intelligence modifier.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed this. So please tell me your taughts, suggestion, or ideas. :)
CODENAME:Leema
Class:Variant Illusionist Favored Soul {gestalt}
Race:Shadow Drow
Height:5'8"
Weight:158 Ib.
Hair:Yellowish
Eyes:Purple(pinwheel)
Skin:Pitch-black(surrounded by Shadowy Purple Aura)
Deity:Eilistraee
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: I need an opinion.

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Hmm, Drow and Eladrin get three points to boost their stats and the rest get one?
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

[quote="Bhaern Quel":383e50kn]Hmm, Drow and Eladrin get three points to boost their stats and the rest get one?[/quote:383e50kn]
Ah I see, I need to make the subrace section in the elf more readable. Sorry about that the main Elven trait and your choice of subrace if the race you choose has one stack together. for instance say you want to be an elf with the dark elf subrace, you would dexterity would increase by 2 and you charisma by 1. Again I apolligize if it looked like the subraces where seperated from there base racial traits. I'll have to create some text in the begining to allow player to understand how races and subraces work. But thanks for finding that problem for me.

Here is block of stats to go with my above example.
[quote="Leema Har'gachi":383e50kn]

Elves

Elven Traits:
[b:383e50kn] Elven Ability Score Adjustment[/b:383e50kn]: Your Dexterity increase by 2.
[b:383e50kn]Darkvision[/b:383e50kn]: You can see in areas of Dim light as if it were bright light. You can in darkness as if it were dim light within 60 feet of you. You can’t discern color while in darkness, only in shades of grey.
[b:383e50kn]Elven Initiative[/b:383e50kn]: When you roll for your initiative use a dice one size higher. From a d6 to d8 to d10 to d12 to d20. If you have another feature or feat that increases your initiative dices size, this effect stacks.
[b:383e50kn]Elven Constitution[/b:383e50kn]: You are immune to magical sleep effects and ghoul’s paralyzing bite. You also roll twice and take the better result when you are making a saving throw against charm affects.
[b:383e50kn]Elven Senses[/b:383e50kn]: You roll twice and take the better result when you make ability checks to search or spot. You are allowed an Intelligence ability check to search whenever you are within 10 feet of a secret or concealed door as if you were actively looking for it.
[b:383e50kn]Elven Standard Training[/b:383e50kn]: You are proficient with leather armor, chain shirt, and one of the fallowing skills Natural Knowledge, Search, or Spot.
[b:383e50kn]Elven Trance Sleep[/b:383e50kn]: You can spend 4 hours in a deep trance like state, from which you benefit from effects as you had a full 8 hours of sleep. You may still sleep normally if you wish. When in this trance, you can still dream in a fashion. These dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years of practice.
[b:383e50kn]Elven Subraces[/b:383e50kn]: Choose one subraces from the list below, the subrace you choose gains you additional abilities and traits. The subraces are as fallowing: dark elves, grey elves, high elves, wild elves, and wood elves.

Dark Elves
As a dark elf, you have the fallowing traits.
[b:383e50kn]Ability Score Adjustment[/b:383e50kn]: Your Charisma score increases by 1.
[b:383e50kn]Dark Elf Two-weapons Training[/b:383e50kn]: You can use any one handed weapon for your off hand when engaging in two-weapons fighting. As long as you are proficient with the weapons in both of your hands, you do not suffer any penalty when fighting with two weapons.
[b:383e50kn] Dark Elven Resistance[/b:383e50kn]: You have +2 bonuses on saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities.
[b:383e50kn]Dark Maiden’s Blessing[/b:383e50kn]: You have the blessings of Lady Silverhair, who has given your race a divine gift. As a result, once per day, you can summon a silver flame of moonlight emanating from your hand or other body part as a swift action. You can make a touch attack on a single target, on a successful attack the flames of moonfire deal 1d6+ charisma modifier of cold damage. The flames of moonlight shed dim light up 10 feet, the moonfire last for one minute or until discharge by a touch attack roll (regardless of success). At 3rd level, you gain a second use of this ability.
[b:383e50kn]Languages[/b:383e50kn]: You can read, speak, and write Common, Drowic, and Elven, as well as a number of bonus languages of your choice equal to your intelligence modifier.

[/quote:383e50kn]
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

If I were you, I would make Eilistraee's blessing able to also heal 1d6+Cha modifier/day (or to remove statuses from a target, like the ''restoration'' line of spells, but less powerful) if used on a friendly target (it represents the ''loving embrace'' of the Dark Dancer. She is a mother-goddess, her protection mainly comes in the form of benificial effects, rather than ''smiting'' ones).

One thing puzzles me: why are dark elves specialized in two-weapons fighting? I would give them swords and archery specialization if anything (it makes more sense given their story IMO, and given that even if Eilistraee uses two swords, she wields them as dancing weapons, while using her moon-sword to fight). TWF is too ''specialized'' of a fighting style to be that common. Maybe give them a dodge-bonus to their AC when wielding swords (perhaps make it scale with levels, but not cumulable with bonuses given by shields or heavy armors), to represent the agility of their fighting style, inspired by Eilistraee's (but cut their specialization in bows, to balance things).

I can't comment on Gray/High elves, as I don't know the fluff/story behind them.

I've never seen a neat enough difference between wood and wild elves that wouldn't be explained by a cultural choice, rather than race. I would lump them together, giving the possibility to choose between either the +1 Str or +1 Wis (which represents the different environment/traditions that they grow in), adding trap-making to ''Cloack of the forest'' and combining the use of ''Speak with/Charm animals'' (i.e. the caster can choose whether to use one effect or the other when using the ability). The spell is situational anyway, I don't think that it would break anything.

Just my 2 cents, hope that it can help.
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

[quote="Irennan":588n2toh]If I were you, I would make Eilistraee's blessing able to also heal 1d6+Cha modifier/day (or to remove statuses from a target, like the ''restoration'' line of spells, but less powerful) if used on a friendly target (it represents the ''loving embrace'' of the Dark Dancer. She is a mother-goddess, her protection mainly comes in the form of benificial effects, rather than ''smiting'' ones).
[/quote:588n2toh]
I actuallly like this idea, granted I would have to change some wording and might need to change the kind of action it uses. But yeah this is a really good idea.

[quote="Irennan":588n2toh]

One thing puzzles me: why are dark elves specialized in two-weapons fighting? I would give them swords and archery specialization if anything (it makes more sense given their story IMO, and given that even if Eilistraee uses two swords, she wields them as dancing weapons, while using her moon-sword to fight). TWF is too ''specialized'' of a fighting style to be that common. Maybe give them a dodge-bonus to their AC when wielding swords (perhaps make it scale with levels, but not cumulable with bonuses given by shields or heavy armors), to represent the agility of their fighting style, inspired by Eilistraee's (but cut their specialization in bows, to balance things).[/quote:588n2toh]
Well, true two-weapons fighting is too specialized... but I really liked it back in the 1st edition unearthed arcane. Then again your armor class suggestion is pretty good too... hummm. choices...

[quote="Irennan":588n2toh]
I've never seen a neat enough difference between wood and wild elves that wouldn't be explained by a cultural choice, rather than race. I would lump them together, giving the possibility to choose between either the +1 Str or +1 Wis (which represents the different environment/traditions that they grow in), adding trap-making to ''Cloack of the forest'' and combining the use of ''Speak with/Charm animals'' (i.e. the caster can choose whether to use one effect or the other when using the ability). The spell is situational anyway, I don't think that it would break anything.[/quote:588n2toh]
I'm trying to have one subrace for each of the ability score minus dexterity. But I guess previous editions fluff text about both of them do mention how they are both really similar. Also, is it just me or does the trap maker ability seem a little... lack luster. I should problely do something about that...
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

[quote="Leema Har'gachi":p0izuqc0][quote="Irennan":p0izuqc0]If I were you, I would make Eilistraee's blessing able to also heal 1d6+Cha modifier/day (or to remove statuses from a target, like the ''restoration'' line of spells, but less powerful) if used on a friendly target (it represents the ''loving embrace'' of the Dark Dancer. She is a mother-goddess, her protection mainly comes in the form of benificial effects, rather than ''smiting'' ones).
[/quote:p0izuqc0]
I actuallly like this idea, granted I would have to change some wording and might need to change the kind of action it uses. But yeah this is a really good idea.[/quote:p0izuqc0]

I'm glad that you like it :)

[quote:p0izuqc0]
[quote="Irennan":p0izuqc0]

One thing puzzles me: why are dark elves specialized in two-weapons fighting? I would give them swords and archery specialization if anything (it makes more sense given their story IMO, and given that even if Eilistraee uses two swords, she wields them as dancing weapons, while using her moon-sword to fight). TWF is too ''specialized'' of a fighting style to be that common. Maybe give them a dodge-bonus to their AC when wielding swords (perhaps make it scale with levels, but not cumulable with bonuses given by shields or heavy armors), to represent the agility of their fighting style, inspired by Eilistraee's (but cut their specialization in bows, to balance things).[/quote:p0izuqc0]
Well, true two-weapons fighting is too specialized... but I really liked it back in the 1st edition unearthed arcane. Then again your armor class suggestion is pretty good too... hummm. choices...[/quote:p0izuqc0]

I know that this is fantasy, but -as far as I know- if you look at RW TWF, you'll see that it was very niche and vastly outclassed by weapon/shield (protection and potential to disarm/overbalance the enemy) or classic sword fighting (for the reach that the latter provides). And even then, TW fighters used off hand weapons more akin to parrying blades (which could also be used to attack, ofc). This is the reason why I wouldn't let TWF become a racial thing, it's cool and I like it a lot, but it's not really practical.

Also, If you are using 5e, I don't really know the rules (I only gave a cursory look to the book at a store), but I noticed the ''mobile'' feat which looks like the dodge/mobility/fast attack chain in old D&D. It would also be a fitting option, even if maybe a bit advanced if compared to a simple bonus to sword-attack rolls + dodge bonus to the AC.

[quote:p0izuqc0]
[quote="Irennan":p0izuqc0]
I've never seen a neat enough difference between wood and wild elves that wouldn't be explained by a cultural choice, rather than race. I would lump them together, giving the possibility to choose between either the +1 Str or +1 Wis (which represents the different environment/traditions that they grow in), adding trap-making to ''Cloack of the forest'' and combining the use of ''Speak with/Charm animals'' (i.e. the caster can choose whether to use one effect or the other when using the ability). The spell is situational anyway, I don't think that it would break anything.[/quote:p0izuqc0]
I'm trying to have one subrace for each of the ability score minus dexterity. But I guess previous editions fluff text about both of them do mention how they are both really similar. Also, is it just me or does the trap maker ability seem a little... lack luster. I should problely do something about that...[/quote:p0izuqc0]

Well, you would still have the possibility to choose Str or Wis ability bonus, but with my suggestion it would be related to cultural and training difference, rather than an innate factor. The trap making skill works like a charm with cloack of the forest (in my humble opinion). In addition to charm/speak with animals, it would create a race of excellent ambushers, which would fit both wood and wild elves.
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

OK, Now here is a change to the dark elf abilities. First I should mention, that I kind of doing a more 1st edition version of two-weapons fighting with feat... ur a feat-like system that use weapon proficiency slots (yes like in 1st edition, just not used as limitedly). Second I should mention, I had started on the races first fallowed by classes So the races where designed with as limited reference to this mechanic as possible.

So then I tried to find a middle ground between my idea for two weapons trait and irennan rather ingenous Ac providing ability via dodge-bonus.
[b:9atr38zy]Dark Elf Two-weapons Training[/b:9atr38zy]: You can use any one handed weapon for your off hand when engaging in two-weapons fighting. As long as you are proficient with the weapons in both of your hands and wear light or no armor, you gain a +1 to your armor class and this bonus applies to your touch armor class.

Now there is the neat healing Ideal. At first I thought I would have to do a major rewrite and maybe lower the dice value to a d4. As having a damage dealing ability that can be used to heal in addition to being used to attack might be.... um abusable for a 1st level character. then I realized that I could just replace the additional usage I have at 3rd level. making it like an improvement of the users skill with the ability. So in the end I really didn't do much with it, though I could probably rewrite it anyways to give it a bit of a more clear thought.

[b:9atr38zy]Dark Maiden’s Blessing[/b:9atr38zy]: You have the blessings of Lady Silverhair, who has given your race a divine gift. As a result, once per day, you can summon a silver flame of moonlight emanating from your hand or other body part as a swift action. You can make a touch attack on a single target, on a successful attack the flames of moonfire deal 1d6+ charisma modifier of cold damage. The flames of moonlight shed dim light up 10 feet, the moonfire last for one minute or until discharge by a touch attack roll (regardless of success). At 3rd level, you can use your moonfire to heal 1d6+ charisma modifier points of damage, doing so requires you to be able to touch the target

So then how do you guys like these changes to it. I can't wait to hear.
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

[quote="Leema Har'gachi":280v616o]OK, Now here is a change to the dark elf abilities. First I should mention, that I kind of doing a more 1st edition version of two-weapons fighting with feat... ur a feat-like system that use weapon proficiency slots (yes like in 1st edition, just not used as limitedly). Second I should mention, I had started on the races first fallowed by classes So the races where designed with as limited reference to this mechanic as possible.

So then I tried to find a middle ground between my idea for two weapons trait and irennan rather ingenous Ac providing ability via dodge-bonus.
[b:280v616o]Dark Elf Two-weapons Training[/b:280v616o]: You can use any one handed weapon for your off hand when engaging in two-weapons fighting. As long as you are proficient with the weapons in both of your hands and wear light or no armor, you gain a +1 to your armor class and this bonus applies to your touch armor class.

Now there is the neat healing Ideal. At first I thought I would have to do a major rewrite and maybe lower the dice value to a d4. As having a damage dealing ability that can be used to heal in addition to being used to attack might be.... um abusable for a 1st level character. then I realized that I could just replace the additional usage I have at 3rd level. making it like an improvement of the users skill with the ability. So in the end I really didn't do much with it, though I could probably rewrite it anyways to give it a bit of a more clear thought.

[b:280v616o]Dark Maiden’s Blessing[/b:280v616o]: You have the blessings of Lady Silverhair, who has given your race a divine gift. As a result, once per day, you can summon a silver flame of moonlight emanating from your hand or other body part as a swift action. You can make a touch attack on a single target, on a successful attack the flames of moonfire deal 1d6+ charisma modifier of cold damage. The flames of moonlight shed dim light up 10 feet, the moonfire last for one minute or until discharge by a touch attack roll (regardless of success). At 3rd level, you can use your moonfire to heal 1d6+ charisma modifier points of damage, doing so requires you to be able to touch the target

So then how do you guys like these changes to it. I can't wait to hear.[/quote:280v616o]

I like what you did. The only thing I would do is making Eilistraee's blessing heal 1d6+Cha at level 1 (instead of damaging) and gain a damaging function at level 3 (In line to what Demihuman Detieis says about how Eilistraee helps her creatures, I'd rather have her blessing primarly come in the shape of a benefic effect that everyone -even those without levels- could use in their everyday life. A healing spell tends to be more useful to people than magic used to harm. Those who acquire training would then be able to also channel the power of the Dark Dancer).
Leema Har'gachi
Regular

So it should be something like this then.

[b:39k4lgb4]Dark Maiden’s Blessing[/b:39k4lgb4]: You have the blessings of Lady Silverhair, who has given your race a divine gift. As a result, once per day, you can summon a silver flame of moonlight emanating from your hand or other body part as a swift action. The flames of moonlight shed dim light up 10 feet, the moonfire last for one minute or until discharge (regardless of success). You can touch a single willing living target, the moonfire heals 1d6+ charisma modifier points of damage from the target. At 3rd level, you can make a touch attack roll on a single target instead of healing, on a successful attack the flames of moonfire deal 1d6+ charisma modifier of cold damage.

I've reorganized some of the text, to make it flow better.
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Yes, personally I like it more than giving the spell damage at first level and heal at third.