hey Shir'le?

This forum is for general discussion and open to all. If there is anything you wish to talk about with the Chosen then this is the place to do it. Please limit the use of this forum to out of character discussions. For in character roleplaying please use the Free Form Roleplaying forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Is Nedylene computer illiterate?

Yes..
No votes
No...
25%
yes, but we love you anyways...
75%

Total votes: 8

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

hmm ill try that ...the only thing ive ever found with that under a search engine was a pic of a korny looking guy in a costume..lol...and lots of black paint...
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Hey Shir'le

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=teal:2800faqd]Knowing photobucket, that might be all you find there. Like tonight when I was trying to hunt a pic for an Eternal that I made on the other site that I RP in, I couldn't get anything from the actual Marvel Eternals, so I had to type in Super Heros just to find something close to what I wanted, a picture of Starfox.[/color:2800faqd]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

well i would love to find one.. we run a lot of games with a altered version of them that we have come up with...basically, they are taller..more neutral than evil, pointy teeth, typical wings, long barbed venomous tails, horns and the males have elbow spikes,and long serpentine tongues that drip venom. Rather cool what we have done with them, I have thought about bringing one of my elithiri characters on here, but im not sure how people would react. we have a seperate racial class sheet wrote up for them, but there rather beefy..with spell and venom resistances,etc. so I dont know how well that would go over, but if anyone is interested maybe i could run a forum game with them.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Hey Shir'le

[color=teal:3kfugyk5] Sounds almost like the last version of a chimera in a final fantasy game, just on steroids. Sure, I'm always up for a good rp, even if I do loose, die, what have you.[/color:3kfugyk5]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

well more like a succubus on steriods i always thought...but what i would like to do is run a game with people being given the option of playing as illithiri or another race we came up with the nimaru...basically imagine a moon elf with wings , horns and pointy teeth.you think people would be interested? me..im shy... :-[
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Hey Shir'le

[color=teal:3amct9u8] I know I'd be interested, especially since I prefer moon elves over all except drow and wood. I say lets give it a whirl and see what happens.[/color:3amct9u8]
Elspath
Maid
Maid

Post by Elspath »

the orginal pictures i had was on the net way before photobucket o poop was even online :P if that means anything
vin''ult sea''anen d''Myth Drannor Y''teni dosst killian lanke zhah elghinyrr
-=Shadows of the Moon Series=-
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:1s6xsuxx]Isn't an illithiiri like sorta a devil version of a succubus? In NWN the two of them look almost exactly the same to me. the only difference I saw was illithiiri was in the devil category and succubi were in the demon category.[/color:1s6xsuxx]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Hey Shir'le

[color=teal:3i1f5233]Not to me it doesn't Elpath, but then again, I'm used to the pics in a Monster Manual or Monster Manual 2, and I think you're right Unen, while her description of the other race kinda reminds me of those half-demon creatures born when a demon rapes an elf, I just can't remember what they're called.[/color:3i1f5233]
Last edited by Qhell~Velladorn on Tue May 16, 2006 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Regarding Nedylene’s picture…

Here is [url=http://www.magyss.com/:1bv5krhv]the artist’s official website[/url:1bv5krhv]. Her name is Maggie Wang and she’s got some nice work in her gallery.

One of them being [url=http://www.magyss.com/images/art/amadea-c.jpg:1bv5krhv]this picture[/url:1bv5krhv], being the original for the picture you’re using.

I’m sure that searching google for “Maggie Wang” might yield more results (for example, I think I originally found that picture in [url=http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/m/w/m ... l:1bv5krhv]her Elfwood gallery[/url:1bv5krhv]).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Computer "literacy" is a matter of perspective. There are probably things I could do on a computer that would make other people stand there with a dumbfounded look on their faces, and vice versa.

Not really related to the picture, or your level of computer competence, but Illithyri (or Ilithiiryi), which is what I assume you meant, yes? That is actually the largest of the clans the Drow belonged to on the surface before their descent.

Interesting info and a timeline of Elven history on Toril, the world Faerun is on. The info may have changed since the release of 3rd/3.5rd editions of D&D though.

[url=http://www.myth-drannor.net/Dlabraddath ... m:13kioia0]Elven Timeline[/url:13kioia0]

By the way, according to Forgotten Realms lore, Elves were originally brought to Toril through portals from another world, as were Orcs, and a few other races -- I can't remember the other races off the top of my head though.

Edit: Even more info, specific to Drow. [url=http://www.myth-drannor.net/Dlabraddath ... m:13kioia0]History of the Drow[/url:13kioia0]
Elspath
Maid
Maid

Post by Elspath »

ah shril found what i was looking for. those are the other pics i found long time ago in her commishions section. interesting indeed ^_^
vin''ult sea''anen d''Myth Drannor Y''teni dosst killian lanke zhah elghinyrr
-=Shadows of the Moon Series=-
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

yes thank you for the correct spelling, and from what ive read they are the results of demons and drow.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Hey Shir'le

[color=teal:2x6fi0yg]Demons and Drow huh? Then I'd definately love to play one of those, hehe.[/color:2x6fi0yg]
Last edited by Qhell~Velladorn on Wed May 17, 2006 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

yep..although from what ive read they tore their drow mothers apart in the birthing..most ungrateful children..my version however are a lot nicer..ive put up a forum for anyone interested to take ides so check it out ...please ;)